PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly Engine Out

falcon409
July 17th, 2010, 14:11
I haven't used the Vietnam Project Scenery for awhile now and so I thought I would take a quick flight between a couple of airports I have intimate knowledge of (Binh Thuy and Binh Hoa). I took off from Binh Thuy and climbed to 4500' and set a course for Binh Hoa. About half way there I started having problems with the puter, it wouldn't take any inputs from the stick or keyboard, so all those screenshots I took (didn't, lol). Also I was in AP and It wouldn't release. When it finally gave control back to me (I switched from VC view to 2d and back), the engines quit and wouldn't re-light. So at 4500' and 25nm from Bien Hoa, I opted to take Tan Son Nhut AB instead as it was just 15nm. I continued to try restarts as I headed down which helped some in maintaining an airspeed slightly above 100kts and nose down (no flaps). The engines never restarted and I was able to drop onto the rwy with just enough ground speed left to taxi off the rwy and get clear for normal field ops.

If anyone is using the T-37sim aircraft I speak of, you'll understand what a "bear" it is to start just under normal circumstances, but to attempt a restart in the air. . .just wasn't gonna happen. Made for a fun trip though. . .and I did get at least one screenie, lol.

Oh, and yes, I know this isn't a Dragonfly, I worked on them every day for a year, but for my purposes. . .it's a Dragonfly, lol.:salute: