PDA

View Full Version : Kiss' Military sulute

JoeW
July 17th, 2010, 07:24
Kiss's Military Salute...

I always thought Gene Simmons & the band "KISS" were a bunch of strange people. But it seems I have been wrong on this issue. This was filmed in Iraq on a USO tour at a US Marine Base. Play it and send it to every single person you know...

Click the link below

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MtdIO23MKM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MtdIO23MKM)

OBIO
July 17th, 2010, 08:14
What about the US Coast Guard? Why does everyone forget about the men and women who defend our beloved shores and waters?

Still, a very impressive tribute to the Armed Services and the men and women who make them what they are.

OBIO

cheezyflier
July 17th, 2010, 09:22
What about the US Coast Guard? Why does everyone forget about the men and women who defend our beloved shores and waters?

good question. you're right

Snuffy
July 17th, 2010, 09:48
:applause: :applause:

Just cuz they use to dress up weird doesn't mean they don't appreciate their country! ;)

:salute:

(Of course we could get into the great big long story about how they got there to start with and why they're doing it ... suffice it to say I think this segment was well done! )

Dain Arns
July 17th, 2010, 12:33

Still, a very impressive tribute to the Armed Services and the men and women who make them what they are.

OBIO

The Coast Guard is included in it's "Salute To The Services" armed forces tribute during the National Memorial Day Concert on the steps of the Capitol, televised live on PBS every year:

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_pKkuB3UTSY&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

TeaSea
July 17th, 2010, 16:15
Technically, and I emphasize "technically"...the Coast Guard is not in the Department of Defense.

They are Homeland Security Forces.

Still, one should not overlook them if the situation is appropriate.

Ken Stallings
July 17th, 2010, 18:04
Despite the stage persona, Gene Simmons is actually a very savvy businessman. He is also genuinely interested in helping the military veterans of this war.

Ken

Trans_23
July 17th, 2010, 21:15
Thanks for the post. I just spent the last hour watching other tributes on Youtube. Mainly Toby Kieth. :salute:

TeaSea
July 18th, 2010, 05:41
Artists who I watched when they came over to entertain troops include:

Carol King
Hootie and the Blowfish (this was a little bit ago)
Charlie Daniels
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Jay Leno
Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders
Drew Carey
Sinbad

In almost every case they also spent some time talking with the audience off stage. As far as I know, none of them made a particular point of advertising the fact that they did these things.

Bushpounder
July 19th, 2010, 14:17
Gene Simmons et al are great people. They have kept us entertained for 35+ years, and Gene's work with vets is second to none. If a tear doesn't come to your eye when you see him entertaining those young men and women, you need to check your pulse. Go Kiss, Go Gene. Go troops!

Don

brad kaste
July 19th, 2010, 16:14
Thanks Joe for posting the link. Really enjoyed it. I've sent it to others......