PDA

View Full Version : Restorations

Terry
July 17th, 2010, 06:50
Several old buildings at Boeing will soon be demolished. Inside one of them are four aircraft undergoing restoration. A B-29A, B-17F, L-1040G, and the Seattle World Cruiser. This link shows detailed restoration photos of the Cruiser.

http://seattleworldcruiser.org/builderslog.html

Just for kicks are three photos of the Museum's recently aquired P-51D now on display. :salute:

Terry
July 26th, 2010, 04:55
The ceremonies for closing of building 2 were held yesterday. These are photos before the crowd arrived.

Terry
July 26th, 2010, 04:57
Part 2

Terry
July 26th, 2010, 05:00
Part 3

bpfowler
July 26th, 2010, 05:29
what will happen to the aircraft presently in storage at building 2?
Number two is an icon of avaiation history in the US. I know folk here with parents who worked at the "Bomber Plant."

Terry
July 26th, 2010, 05:42
what will happen to the aircraft presently in storage at building 2?
Number two is an icon of avaiation history in the US. I know folk here with parents who worked at the "Bomber Plant."

They are not being stored, they are under restoration. They belong to the Museum of Flight which I assume has the resources to find a new hanger for them.

Attendence was by invitation only for the media and employees who used to work there. Boeing said that this is the only B-17 to be restored in the same building in which it was originally built.

brad kaste
July 26th, 2010, 05:56
Terry,....will these aircraft that are currently under restoration put back into 'flyable' condition? How cool would that be to get another B-29 back up in the air again?

Terry
July 26th, 2010, 07:04
Terry,....will these aircraft that are currently under restoration put back into 'flyable' condition? How cool would that be to get another B-29 back up in the air again?

I don't know, but an Email to the museum should provide the answer.

CWOJackson
July 26th, 2010, 07:16

When they first started work on her the intention was to restore her to "taxi" condition only.