PDA

View Full Version : News flash: All water on Earth has gone missing!

gradyhappyg
July 16th, 2010, 18:13
Anyone ever had this weird issue before?
Took off from PHNL in Dino's Cat to practise some carrier traps and shazam no water anywhere.
Then took of from KLAX same thing.
Any ideas anyone? It's a first for me.

ShawnG
July 16th, 2010, 18:20
this happens frequently when you install multiple scenery products that make changes to the terrain.cfg. common sceneries that would do this are ORBX, Ultimate Terrain, FSaddons Vancouver+ Victoria+(freeware) Tongass Fjords. I think some FLyTampa stuff does as well (I have Grenadines). the fix is usually just to run the Configurator programs for these sceneries again (always works for me) but sometimes more actions are needed.

gradyhappyg
July 16th, 2010, 18:21
Thanks!
I will check it out restarting the sim didn't help.

flaviossa
July 16th, 2010, 18:22
If the year is 2012 then itīs the end of the world!!! :wiggle: heheh
Just kidding ... but i saw a similar post in another famous forum ... iīll search for that and post here if i find it. Good luck!

NoNewMessages
July 16th, 2010, 18:55
The simple answer is start up the UTX Setup tool and let it verify that it's entries are present in the Terrain.Cfg file.

The more difficult answer is "what have you installed that would overwrite the existing Terrain.cfg entries?" I could wager a guess, because 99% of the time it's the result of one thing. But I'll skip the mini-rant, for now. :wavey:

gradyhappyg
July 16th, 2010, 20:21
Wheeeew ran UTX set up and boom the beautiful blue is back.
Thanks for the help.
:salute:

Pepere
July 17th, 2010, 06:06
It would be really something to behold if the real terrain was seen when that happens!!!:jump:

David

ShawnG
July 17th, 2010, 08:35
The simple answer is start up the UTX Setup tool and let it verify that it's entries are present in the Terrain.Cfg file.

The more difficult answer is "what have you installed that would overwrite the existing Terrain.cfg entries?" I could wager a guess, because 99% of the time it's the result of one thing. But I'll skip the mini-rant, for now. :wavey:
well... 99% of the time it's installing a program that overwrites the terrain.cfg. as far as a specific program that does it more often than others, not sure. I've probably reinstalled FSX between 8-10 times, and I always vary the install order, sometimes ORBX causes it to show up, sometimes the FSaddon stuff, quite a few times UTX. Once, It happened when I installed the FSX Acceleration pack over an existing, working install of FSX like you're not supposed to do. I haven't found an install order that works every time for me, so I can't really lay blame on one addon. generally I assume that I will have this pop up, and I know how to fix it, so no big deal