PDA

View Full Version : Xenon XLC2 Gyrocopter released for FSX

kilo delta
July 16th, 2010, 07:51
Found this on Simviation today. I haven't had a chance to test it in FSX but have ascertained that it's FSX native.

http://www.simviation.com/simviation/gfx/Xenon.jpg-thumb.jpg

Xenon XLC2 Gyrocopter
24.49Mb (469 downloads)
First of all, the flight model of this add-on isn't exactly like the real thing; it's better :-) To date, the real Xenon gyro isn't able to do true VTOL, nor is it able to perform zero-airspeed hovering or jump-takeoffs. But this expected to change in the near future, like already seen in e.g. the Carter Gyro Demonstrator. This FSX add-on however, already anticipates on that :-)

Posted 2010-07-15 14:56:17 by Glenn Orlosky

http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?type=item&ID=65&page=13

Cactuskid
July 16th, 2010, 11:15
I saw this at Avsim this morning. Haven't D/L'd it yet, but I'll give it a try...

falcon409
July 16th, 2010, 21:21
To the developers credit, while it isn't really mentioned in the info that KD posted, this is a WIP release. . . .and I do mean a WIP, lol. Actually, even looking at the thumbnail and reading the description at simviation, I don't know that you would realize what it is you're downloading. The model isn't textured yet and still maintains the colors used during the modeling process. If you're looking at this as a new chopper to fly and enjoy on a daily basis. . .don't. It has all the appearances of a "Lego" type chopper and again this is all explained in the readme. When finished. . .if someone eventually does finish it, it might be something to enjoy flying, but right now. . .this is a developers "first off" and not at all ready for public consumption.:salute:

Dain Arns
July 17th, 2010, 04:47
To the developers credit, while it isn't really mentioned in the info that KD posted, this is a WIP release. . . .and I do mean a WIP, lol. Actually, even looking at the thumbnail and reading the description at simviation, I don't know that you would realize what it is you're downloading. The model isn't textured yet and still maintains the colors used during the modeling process. If you're looking at this as a new chopper to fly and enjoy on a daily basis. . .don't. It has all the appearances of a "Lego" type chopper and again this is all explained in the readme. When finished. . .if someone eventually does finish it, it might be something to enjoy flying, but right now. . .this is a developers "first off" and not at all ready for public consumption.:salute:

Glenn posted over at HC that his older system is currently having too many issues, and it keeps crashing on him, so at this point he can not continue working on it any further.
I get the impression it may be a while before he can upgrade.
He is offering this "as is" with all of his work files in the hopes maybe someone can further the project along.