PDA

View Full Version : A Payware SU-37 for FSX?

Rattler
July 15th, 2010, 16:47
I was Crusing the Youtube site and came across this vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GdfnTLKcvMWOW wouldn`t it be great to have one for FSX?

Tell me what you think.:ernae:

peter12213
July 15th, 2010, 16:50
I have been praying to lenin for one for years mate, trust me those flight dynamics can't be done, I have worked with the expert, AKA Warchild on the su33 and we couldn't get it to do those manoeuvres at all, we got close but never able to fully backflip!

FSDSMAN
July 15th, 2010, 22:28
Not a 37 but a SU27 is close.
www.ALS-SIM.com (http://www.ALS-SIM.com)

warchild
July 15th, 2010, 23:11
welll, theres several doscerpencies there.. first is that what we americans call the SU-37 isnt.. It was the S-37 but lets not sweat the small stuff as Russian nomenclatures are confusing even to the russians..

The biggest problem with getting the SU-30MKH/SU-35/S-37 into FSX lies with one thing and one thing only.. 3D vectored thrust. If i had a genius of programming that cou;d create me a system where we could change out flight models between three seperate models in a heart beat, we could approximate the planes performance, but even then FSX expects the air to enter the front of the plane and exit the rear of the plane on a line that does not divert from the direction of travel. Si thrust is always perpendicular to the longitudinal axis of the plane..
Thats the biggest road block.
The second obstacle is the canards. I suspect they are active controls that work in unison with the elevators. FSX only allows one set of elevators though..

Now, the elevators i can fake. really! The canards i can fake. The two working together i can almost fake and will find a way to do it yet..
i havent given up on this yet, but i'm running into the above roadblock with vectored thrust, and a little annoyance with pitching where in with a pitch angle of >87 degrees from the planes flight path the plane goes completely out of control..

I'm not willing to say it cant be done. i'm not willing to say i cant do it. bu5 i will say that over the last four years, i and my team have been as deep inside flight dynamics as you can get over a spread of some 25 different aircraft ( most which the 3D models have never made it past the alpha stage ) and "this" plane, because of the 3D vectoring, because of the dynamic instability model it was designed with, has us stumped.. At least for the moment..

I've been working on the dynamics for this plane for over two years. I'm not about to quit now.. i just wish i were smarter..
Pam

Chris Sykes
July 16th, 2010, 00:49
Hey Pam your a genius! Im sure yourll figure it out one day!

Not a 37 but a SU27 is close.
www.ALS-SIM.com (http://www.ALS-SIM.com)

FSDSMAN, how long before we see that in FSX?

Daube
July 16th, 2010, 00:56
The only sim I had in hands that could simulate efficiently the Su-35 Super Flanker vectored thrust flight model, allowing a backflip and ALL of the manoeuvers I could see in the videos was... "Super Manoeuverer".
It was a small sim based on Flanker 1.0 engine.
The vectored thrust was simulated very well, and the sim was quite fun to fly.
The Kobras, the backflips etc... everything could be done manually, not with a stupid automatic animation while pressing a key, like in Flanker 2.0 :/

Nowadays, I'm pretty sure the only simulator that is able to simulate such a plane is XPlane.

peter12213
July 16th, 2010, 01:35
Those ALS projects look amazing, can't wait to get my hands on those! Especially the Flanker and HMS Eagle!

FSDSMAN
July 16th, 2010, 07:47
Eagle is done Just needs a couple of tweaks and will be release with the Sea Venom for that period. Two other period fits "AS LAUNCHED" and the later fir with full angled deck and enlarged island.
Flanker (this set anyway) is in beta testing and a few final tweaks being done and manual etc so hopefully not to long now.
Regards

Hanimichal
July 16th, 2010, 08:58
The close to this flight dynamics it this one: SU-35 Super Flanker, but no VC
http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?type=item&ID=64&page=45

warchild
July 16th, 2010, 09:42
The close to this flight dynamics it this one: SU-35 Super Flanker, but no VC
http://www.simviation.com/simviation/?type=item&ID=64&page=45
yeahh, i had that one.. the problem i personally ran into was that the dynamicist made so many trade offs to accomplish those maneuvers that it was completely unrealistic in other areas.. Plus when i opened up the config files to see if there was anything i could do to make it more realistic i found it was basically an over amped standard config aircraft. I'm not certain exactly what people would see when they open up my config files but they'll immediately know that it aint normal ::lol::..

I'm not familiar enough with the inner workings of x-plane to make any comment about its abilities. if they can simulate the flight characteristics of the SU-30MKH/SU-35/S-37 accurately then more power to them. It still leaves a gaping hole here in FSX that needs to be filled.. And thats not going to be an easy hole to fill..

A second problem we run into in FSX is that the cockpit of their plane has been through no fewer than three seperate major revisions, starting with steam gauges and other instruments brought over from the SU-27 and finishing with a glass cockpit system that looks suspiciously like a Garmin G-1000 ( but isnt ) and a voice command module.. No one has modeled it, and finding modelers willing to model this aircraft accurately has been difficult at best.

With India having purchased some number of the Su-30MKH's with the canard configuration set as a computer controlled stabilizer accompaniment to the elevators, The plane has moved onto the world stage scaring the hell out of both the chinese and the americans. Both countries have since provided wonderfully amusing propaganda regarding the capabilities of their own aircraft and future projects that are planned..

This is singularly one of the most important aircraft of the 20th century ( yes, 20th. its design started in the 1990s . in its attack role it's easily one of the deadliest birds out there, and in its domestic role it can dance in ways that nothing but feathered birds and clouds can dance..

In my opinion.. this plane HAS to be made for FSX..

peter12213
July 16th, 2010, 10:22
To me the Su27 series is the most aerodynamically ground breaking aircraft to take to the skies! And thats before I start on those engines! Many may disagree but this is my opinion!

Hanimichal
July 16th, 2010, 10:30
The ability of these 6 winged airplanes:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UE6fJMSSl7U&amp;hl=pt_BR&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UE6fJMSSl7U&amp;hl=pt_BR&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>