PDA

View Full Version : CLS MD81/82 Is out

Pepere
July 15th, 2010, 16:37
MD81/82 JetLiner From CLS is out and kind-a looks interesting.

https://www.commerciallevel.com/webshop.php?actie=plist&groep=7

David

Spikehughes
July 18th, 2010, 07:34
I found myself inexplicably typing in credit card details and downloading the MD80. ( I must have a thing about the Mc Donnell Douglas DC9 Series - I seem willing to spend money on offered models without too much compunction).
Not one to read manuals and already having the coolsky MD80 (Very good, but hardly ever fly it these days),and SkySim DC9 series - (Very Good by the way), I duly went straight in and took off on a short trip.

Results to date. A good VC although the Throttle quadrant is a bit grainy. The VNAV and perf climb are not modelled and two attempts at an ILS approach to landing had to be aborted at the last minute as either the aircraft didn't capture the ILS GS fully, or started a climb after I switched the power option to GA mode and it lost the ALT hold - it took a minute for me to reclick the ALT button. Too high to use ILS and a mad and illegal 3000FPM descent to re-align with the approaching runway. Landed safely, but the PAX would have been upset. Classic go around procedure should have been carried out, but I was on a non virtual time related count down for other tasks. (Get a shower and go to work).

However, it is early days yet. a good reading of the manual may have to be carried out I can see and it is just possible I screwed up an step. The FMC is light, and works automatically with the FSX flight plan - which is nice.

The flight model appears good and takes off automatically on the numbers, although the trim is not easy to see, it responds well. The exterior model is excellent - no real complaints there - although you need to pay another $15 to get some addtional liveries - I passed on that. It comes with enough repaints in the core purchase to satisfy me and a paint kit is included so know doubt someone with a good paint hand will eventually churn out more textures.

The overhead appears fully functional and the command display appears to work correctly

Minor niggles aside, so far I am enjoying this aircraft.

CLS has advised a service pack in in the offering shortly that should solve some users experience with ground steering, and disappearing landing gear on the ground (FSUIPC related apparently). Good for the price? I guess it is. I would have liked to have seen it offered slightly cheaper, but then it probably comes within that emerging price range of good flight model, good VC, Good textures and Low FPS impact - so I can't really complain

Trust this will be of use to anyone considering buying it?

Spike

Pepere
July 18th, 2010, 18:56
Spike nice review. I have a question about the model.cfg.. Is there two mdl's one for the aircraft and the other for "interior.mdl" thanks in advance.

David

Spikehughes
July 19th, 2010, 18:53
David, yes there are

Pepere
July 20th, 2010, 12:55
All I wanted to know. Thank you

David

Pepere
July 21st, 2010, 12:56
This is a good aircraft. My opinion of course!

David