PDA

View Full Version : The PAD Robin/Alpha

falcon409
July 14th, 2010, 19:30
Just to get away from the T-33 for awhile, I decided to update the VC for the Robin. It's another nice little airplane and perfect for flights over PNW. These are WIP shots, one from the sim as I was testing the L/H panel and moving some gauges and stuff around to match up better and one from PSP where I'm matching the L/H to the R/H slow but sure.

SADT
July 14th, 2010, 22:57
Hi Falcon,

Have you seen the FS Tutoriels Robin DR221? It has a pretty good VC and has been updated to FSX SP2. Somehow they have gotten rid of the prop/autogen issue without converting in the FSX SDK.

Happy Flightseeing!

falcon409
July 15th, 2010, 00:15
Never seen that one before, probably because it's on a French site and I don't speak or understand French, lol. Not a bad looking airplane from the outside. I don't care for the overdone weathered look of the interior necessarily but it does give it that lived in look. I'm not much for taildraggers so I won't keep it since I already have the Robin from PAD which is a tricycle gear. Finally, the soundset sounds remarkably like the Cessna 172. I don't know what that airplane engine sounds like or even what engine it has in it, but since the soundfiles were included, I expected something different.

Thanks for the HU, it was worth taking a look at but I'll stay with the PAD version and my updated VC.:salute:

Dimus
July 15th, 2010, 00:36
Where can one find this Robin falcon? I have flown in a Robin once and I sure would like to have one for FSX. You panel looks great.:applause:

Bone
July 15th, 2010, 06:18
Hey Falcon, I feel terrible that you're doing all of this work for planes I have a great love for. I used to rent a Robin 2160 from Denton airport (KDTO) back in the 1980's...a beautifull red one, tail number N2163. It was under-powered, but the clear canopy, stick, +6/-3 G ability, and 30 second inverted fuel cell made it loads of fun!

falcon409
July 15th, 2010, 06:21
Premier Aircraft Design Dimus. They produce nicely modeled freeware aircraft for FS9 and FSX (compatible). Be aware now, these are not "native" FSX airplanes, but they are compatible with FSX in every respect.
http://www.premaircraft.com/robin_alpha_FSX/index.html

falcon409
July 15th, 2010, 06:26
. . . . . I used to rent a Robin 2160 from Denton airport (KDTO) back in the 1980's...a beautifull red one, tail number N2163. It was under-powered, but the clear canopy, stick, +6/-3 G ability, and 30 second inverted fuel cell made it loads of fun!
Oh yea? I used to drive through Denton about once a month on my way to Ft Worth for Reserve weekends, until I got my ART position at the base and finally moved to Ft Worth. Home of the North Texas State "Mean Green", lol.:salute:

bobmay
July 15th, 2010, 06:40
Just to get away from the T-33 for awhile, I decided to update the VC for the Robin.

Your VC panel make-over looks good Falcon. When it's done maybe you could send me the files and I'll put it on the PAD web site for distribution ? :applause:

Bob.

Bone
July 15th, 2010, 06:42
Oh yea? I used to drive through Denton about once a month on my way to Ft Worth for Reserve weekends, until I got my ART position at the base and finally moved to Ft Worth. Home of the North Texas State "Mean Green", lol.:salute:

Yeah, "the mean green" wasn't so mean. I graduated from North Texas in 1988, and other than the lackluster football team, it was a great place to go to school! Although, it was kind of strange that the school changed it's name from North Texas State University to University of North Texas when I was halfway through.

falcon409
July 15th, 2010, 07:47
Your VC panel make-over looks good Falcon. When it's done maybe you could send me the files and I'll put it on the PAD web site for distribution ? :applause:
Bob.
Hi Bob, I certainly will. Glad you popped on here as I was going to e-mail you anyway. Can you tell me (or send me something that shows this) what the checklist says in the lower right of the VC panel? I can't read it and I wanted to update that as well.

falcon409
July 15th, 2010, 07:50
Yeah, "the mean green" wasn't so mean. I graduated from North Texas in 1988, and other than the lackluster football team, it was a great place to go to school! Although, it was kind of strange that the school changed it's name from North Texas State University to University of North Texas when I was halfway through.
Yea kinda odd huh? I used to work at an Ad Agency years ago and one of the studio musicians that worked there was a product of the very famous North Texas 5o'clock Lab Band.

Lionheart
July 15th, 2010, 08:56
I always loved the Robin. Its been on my list of planes to make.

Bill

Bone
July 15th, 2010, 09:01
I always loved the Robin. Its been on my list of planes to make.

Bill

Can you make a red one, tail number N2163? I believe that was the third one built...lucky number.

falcon409
July 15th, 2010, 09:15
Can you make a red one, tail number N2163? I believe that was the third one built...lucky number.
Was it just solid red Bone?

Naki
July 15th, 2010, 13:06
Looks great Falcon..this particular Robin has a strong New Zealand connection. Plant and Jigs for the aircraft were sent to NZ a few years ago (in Hamilton a hours drive from where I live) and the sole world production was here (as the Alpha 160 and 120) for a while but unfortunatley the factory went bust after about 30 were produced but there are rumours that it is been resurrected.

bobmay
July 15th, 2010, 15:24
Hi Bob, I certainly will. Glad you popped on here as I was going to e-mail you anyway. Can you tell me (or send me something that shows this) what the checklist says in the lower right of the VC panel? I can't read it and I wanted to update that as well.

There is no placard on the right hand side, I guess you meant the left hand side. Is this it ?

http://www.premaircraft.com/robin_alpha_FSX/robin-manouver-placard.jpg

Bob.

Bone
July 15th, 2010, 19:32
Was it just solid red Bone?

Mostly. I need to dig into my photo album box and take a peek. It's one of the numerous boxes from my last move that I never got around to opening. I'm sure you can relate to that.

falcon409
July 15th, 2010, 21:19
There is no placard on the right hand side, I guess you meant the left hand side. Is this it ?
http://www.premaircraft.com/robin_alpha_FSX/robin-manouver-placard.jpg
Bob.
That would be the one Bob. . .thanks!!

falcon409
July 17th, 2010, 09:25
UPDATE:Bob May has added the updated VC bitmaps to the current download for the Robin/Alpha on the PAD website. . .thanks Bob. I have also uploaded just the VC Update to this site and flightsim.com and it includes two sets of bitmaps and the panel.cfg file (which must be used). One set is 2048x2048_32bit and one 1024x1024_DXT3.