PDA

View Full Version : Another graphic anomaly. This is maddening!

Navy Chief
July 14th, 2010, 07:05
Ok, got another one.

This just started happening this morning. I have uninstalled/installed different versions of Nvidia drivers, but the effect remains.

NC

DaveKDEN
July 14th, 2010, 07:13
That looks like a dust/dirt texture is missing.

falcon409
July 14th, 2010, 07:14
Hey, ya know what that looks like. . .maybe your effects folder is missing something and it's not the vid card. The dust effects are not there as they should be. The dirt is black and the dust is just squares. It's possible that's what's causing that.:salute:

Navy Chief
July 14th, 2010, 07:17
So do I use the "repair" function of the FSX disc?

No idea how to isolate what effect(s) may be missing. And since I have Acceleration installed, if I DO use the "repair" function, will it overwrite what would have been installed with Acceleration?

So many ways to screw things up!!!

NC

peter12213
July 14th, 2010, 07:19
Yeah I'd run the repair function mate, shouldn't affect anything!

Navy Chief
July 14th, 2010, 09:16
Yeah I'd run the repair function mate, shouldn't affect anything!

Well, perhaps it shouldn't. But now FSX won't even boot! Oh well, at least I only had this particular installation of FSX on this drive for about 2 weeks. Time to wipe it slick and start all over again.

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to get up in the morning.......

NC

falcon409
July 14th, 2010, 10:05
Well, perhaps it shouldn't. But now FSX won't even boot! Oh well, at least I only had this particular installation of FSX on this drive for about 2 weeks. Time to wipe it slick and start all over again.

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to get up in the morning.......

NC
Dang Pete, that sucks. I've never used the repair function. . .actually didn't really know it had one. Now I know. . . .not to use it.

peter12213
July 14th, 2010, 12:48
To be honest guys I've used the repair function a few times and had no problems what so ever, I think it sounds like there might be another issue with your system or installation of drivers Chief !

flaviossa
July 14th, 2010, 13:52
No need for repair, reinstall, anything ....
Look for this file in flightsim.com: "FSX Gauge Recover v1.2" and be happy! :salute::salute::salute:

Little perfect application.

Navy Chief
July 14th, 2010, 14:06
Look for this file in flightsim.com: "FSX Gauge Recover v1.2" and be happy! :salute::salute::salute:

Alas, too late. Already uninstalled/reinstalled. But thanks anyway! NC

Pepere
July 14th, 2010, 16:10

Thanks for the info. Downloaded it "just in case"!

David