PDA

View Full Version : Tales of the Gold Monkey

voyager
July 13th, 2010, 13:37
In case anyone is interested, the complete TV series is now available in a 6 DVD set at Barnes and Noble.

voyager

voyager
July 13th, 2010, 13:40
Sorry for the double post.

Willy
July 13th, 2010, 14:52
And for those that still fly FS9, Bill Lyons' Classic Goose package was inspired by the series. He even put the islands in from the series into the scenery for the pack along with Cutter's Goose.

Cloud9Gal
July 13th, 2010, 14:54
Sorry for the double post.

voyager~ No problem, I deleted the other one for you :)

Dangerousdave26
July 13th, 2010, 16:58
That was the last television show that I watched habitually. Once they took it off the air I swore off Television.

Lionheart
July 13th, 2010, 17:08
I have heard so much about this and never seen a single episode. I wonder if they have it at iTunes.

Bill

voyager
July 13th, 2010, 18:47
Thanks Cloud9Gal.

voyager

Cactuskid
July 13th, 2010, 20:39
12631I may have to break down and buy that set. That was a good show... I really liked Jack the one-eyed dog.

Gdavis101
July 13th, 2010, 21:52
I remember that show well.. Jack the dog, Corky the sidekick and Sarah!

Terry
July 14th, 2010, 02:56
Just finished watching the DVD set and it sure beats whats running these days. Unfortunately the actor that played Corky passed away a few years ago. There are special features on the last disc with actor interviews. It's well worth having if just for the goose and B-314 scenes.

Railrunner130
July 14th, 2010, 04:01
6 DVD set?? I thought it didn't last that long! I'll have to take a look.

Dain Arns
July 14th, 2010, 06:53
I have heard so much about this and never seen a single episode. I wonder if they have it at iTunes.

Bill

Netflix has it available to watch, but not on streaming video like a lot of TV shows.
Dunno if you use that service or not.

Terry
July 14th, 2010, 07:02
Another reason to get it is it only lasted one season. This set has the pilot movie and all 20 episodes, so you get everything that was made. The ratings were good but the producer Belisarius got in a fight with the network and pulled the plug on it. Belisarius is the same guy that produces NCIS.

voyager
July 14th, 2010, 07:27
I saw it on the Barnes and Noble site and it said

"DVD - 6 Disc Set - Full Frame".

Maybe 3 episodes per disk? Woun't know for a few days when I get it.

voyager

Dain Arns
July 14th, 2010, 07:40
I saw it on the Barnes and Noble site and it said

"DVD - 6 Disc Set - Full Frame".

Maybe 3 episodes per disk? Woun't know for a few days when I get it.

voyager

Netflix shows 6 disks total as well, 4 episodes per disk, except for the last one which has two.
Featurettes, audio commentary, interviews, photos, etc.

robert41
July 14th, 2010, 07:48
I have the show taped from when it was on tv. Copied to dvd now. Pretty good show.

Cratermaker
July 14th, 2010, 08:04
I put it in my Netflix queue when I heard it was out. I barely remember it, so I hope it is as entertaining as I think it was. Wasn't it on after football so it was often preempted or started in the middle of the episode when it was originally aired?

Cactuskid
July 14th, 2010, 08:44
I just bought the set on eBay for $25 including shipping. Sounds cheap, so I hope it's not a bootleg...

av8erjm
July 15th, 2010, 08:00
Has anyone actully purchased the 6 dvd set and is the on where the case is lite tan or the one w/ a green background. The reason I ask is I bought a set last year that is on 4 dvd's and the quality is real poor, like someone taped it off the TV or copied it off an old VHS copy. If it is good quality I'd buy it in a heartbeat, that would be one show I'd glued to the TV if it ever came back. Who knows they're bringing back Hawaii 5-0

Terry
July 15th, 2010, 09:25
Has anyone actully purchased the 6 dvd set and is the on where the case is lite tan or the one w/ a green background. The reason I ask is I bought a set last year that is on 4 dvd's and the quality is real poor, like someone taped it off the TV or copied it off an old VHS copy. If it is good quality I'd buy it in a heartbeat, that would be one show I'd glued to the TV if it ever came back. Who knows they're bringing back Hawaii 5-0

It's yellow over brown background. Photo of the characters on top, goose on the bottom. It states 6 disc set in upper right corner.

Snuffy
July 15th, 2010, 09:44
Okay .... never heard of this ... someone give me an overview please.

Cactuskid
July 15th, 2010, 11:32
Okay .... never heard of this ... someone give me an overview please.

Start here...

http://www.goldmonkey.com/

crashaz
July 15th, 2010, 13:34
Another reason to get it is it only lasted one season. This set has the pilot movie and all 20 episodes, so you get everything that was made. The ratings were good but the producer Belisarius got in a fight with the network and pulled the plug on it. Belisarius is the same guy that produces NCIS.

and Magnum PI and Baa Baa Black Sheep.:wiggle:

Crusader
July 15th, 2010, 13:45

I have a set (Tan) I bought waaaaaaay back and think I used the link that Bill Lyons suggested . They too were very poor quality . I would'nt mind getting another if I could get a hold of a good quality set .

Rich

TeaSea
July 15th, 2010, 16:13
I never saw one episode of this series. I grew up in Fairbanks, AK at at that time there were only two network stations and one public station (which only broadcast for 8 hours a day). As a result I never got addicted to TV (well, once when I was on leave).

I did see " Black Sheep Squadron", which was horrible except for the Airplanes and Robert Conrad. Did peak my interest enough to read "Baa-Baa Black Sheep" though....

"We're poor little lambs who've lost our way,
Baa! Baa! Baa!
We're little black sheep who've gone astray,
Baa--aa--aa!
Gentlemen-rankers out on the spree,
Damned from here to Eternity,
God ha' mercy on such as we,
Baa! Yah! Bah!"

Snuffy
July 15th, 2010, 18:10
Start here...

http://www.goldmonkey.com/

Cool! Thanks.

Panther_99FS
July 15th, 2010, 18:48
And there's Bill Lyons... :)

Panther_99FS
July 15th, 2010, 18:51
And for those that still fly FS9, Bill Lyons' Classic Goose package was inspired by the series. He even put the islands in from the series into the scenery for the pack along with Cutter's Goose.

:jump::jump::jump:

TomSteber
July 15th, 2010, 19:39
Did you guys ever hit the switch on the radio up on the bulkhead between the seats?
Gives you one great theme song to fly to! :ernae: