PDA

View Full Version : If you want to see and hear the Skylark!

Cleartheprop
July 13th, 2010, 02:11
Here is a short video showing this very immersive airplane. thanks Lionheart Creations! :ernae:
SMAqtAWNfWk

txnetcop
July 13th, 2010, 02:34
Totally, absolutely, outstanding video. Short and sweet! You and Cody ought to merge your talents!
Ted

Lionheart
July 13th, 2010, 05:02
My goodness man! That is brilliant! Sent chills up my back. I spent like 2 full days scouring the internet for info on those nav lights and finally found them. Great to see them in the movie, lol..

Awesome how you did the sounds for climbing into the cockpit and how ever you did the climb in manuvere.

Well done video Mirage...

:ernae:

dswo
July 13th, 2010, 05:08
It's a great time for our hobby, isn't it? So many good products, so much talent.

If it's not a trade secret, what tool are you using for the walkarounds? The bit where you climb into the cockpit was especially well done.

cheezyflier
July 13th, 2010, 05:55
It's a great time for our hobby, isn't it? So many good products, so much talent.

no one could have said it better than that right there. nicely put, sir :applause:

MM
July 13th, 2010, 06:08
Lovely touch, MirageIII. You capture the character of the experience.

Splendid.

sade60461
July 13th, 2010, 06:27
Very nice and professional looking video. Good job. :)

dvj
July 13th, 2010, 07:15
Top notch work! :salute:

Naismith
July 13th, 2010, 10:02

I'll second that sentiment.

Roger
July 13th, 2010, 10:06
Loved it!:ernae:

txnetcop
July 13th, 2010, 10:52
I can't help but laugh when I hear people say that FSX is a bad product and obsolete before it's time! It is an exciting sim indeed thanks to some very talented developers! We appreciate all you guys that make this hobby so much fun!
Ted

SolarEagle
July 13th, 2010, 12:16
Nice shootin' Tex.

Mithrin
July 13th, 2010, 12:28
Good one mate, tempted to pick it up!

Cleartheprop
July 13th, 2010, 13:17
Thank you very much everyone !
I love this airplane.
David, there's no trade secret! I use Ezdok Camera (the freeware version) to walk around the airplane. because Ezdok allows to move in every direction (including up and down), I try to give the impression that I am actually climbing on the wing to take place in a tight cockpit.
Thank you for your nice comments and your support. :ernae:

Sundog
July 13th, 2010, 16:52
Excellent video. I'll be looking forward to more from you. :)

Lionheart
July 13th, 2010, 17:25
I'll have to get that Easy Dock program.

Is that how you filmed the plane moving around and all from remote distances?

SADT
July 13th, 2010, 18:41
Hi Mirage III,

How do you get the free version of Ezdok camera? I can find it either on flight1 or on Ezdok?

dswo
July 14th, 2010, 07:38
How do you get the free version of Ezdok camera? I can find it either on flight1 or on Ezdok?

It took some hunting: http://flightsimulatorxworld.com/library/Flight-Simulator-X-/Utilities-/EZ-Walk-Camera,-Ver-1-2E22/details

Cleartheprop
July 14th, 2010, 07:57
It took some hunting: http://flightsimulatorxworld.com/library/Flight-Simulator-X-/Utilities-/EZ-Walk-Camera,-Ver-1-2E22/details

Thank you David, I was very busy today.
I bought the payware version of Ezdok Camera too but uninstalled it. Although much less spectacular, the freeware version is very simple and easy to use.

Cleartheprop
July 14th, 2010, 07:58
I'll have to get that Easy Dock program.

Is that how you filmed the plane moving around and all from remote distances?

I use the Ezdok program to walk around the airplane and shoot but in flight, I usually use another aircraft as a flying camera. It takes some time trainnig in formation flying but it is also very fun to do. :ernae:

SADT
July 14th, 2010, 13:55
Thanks David,

Downloading now.

HighGround22
July 14th, 2010, 14:43
Well, I just had to go and get the Skylark! Looks like it's just the ticket for flying around some of the outlying spots in PNW.

. . . I bought the payware version of Ezdok Camera too but uninstalled it. Although much less spectacular, the freeware version is very simple and easy to use.Yeah, I did the same.

Upon installation, it obviously defaulted to some freaky condition, and although I'm reasonably adept at tweaking technical things, I guess I just didn't have the steam to go messing around just to get things back to a state of normalcy. Maybe one day they'll make it a bit less daunting.

But I'm glad to know about this easy-going freebie version, and thanks for that!