PDA

View Full Version : T-33 Livery Feedback?

falcon409
July 12th, 2010, 17:21
I'm wondering how the recent liveries I posted are working for those who downloaded them. The downloads seem to have peaked at 39 for each of the 4 liveries, so are they working ok with the larger texture sizes or are they too much for a particular system?

I've held off on doing any more for several reasons:
1) I didn't want to keep doing new liveries if the large format was too large
2) I wanted to see what might happen with a new FSX version of the T-33, but Tim has offered the original FSDS source code for anyone who wants to take it on, so I feel like additional liveries for the current version are a go for now, lol.

mmann
July 12th, 2010, 18:11
I actually downloaded one of the repaints just to get the virtual cockpit redo (which is a big improvement and didn't hurt the frame rates). I didn't bother with the rest of the repaint as I only install Canadian Air Force repaints.

modelr
July 12th, 2010, 18:55
I've downloaded them, but haven't had a chance to install and try yet.

falcon409
July 12th, 2010, 19:10
Ok, Don check my other thread on the 5th FIS. . .I zipped that one twice and one of them was labeled the 57th FIS. That thread has a link to download the correct livery for the 57th.:salute:

Bone
July 12th, 2010, 19:12
The improved cockpit textures are very nice. The dds textures actually give me a little bit of a performance boost.

skyblazer3
July 12th, 2010, 19:48
Performance is great with the new textures, have been flying the crap out of the new T-33 with a buddy. We have been touring scenery in the aircraft, very pleasant..... keeping us from getting much work done on some other projects.

Textures are very sharp and paint jobs are outstanding. I like this aircraft more and more every day. It will be interesting to see what happens with the newly found source-files.

Thanks for the paints and textures Ed!:salute::salute::salute:

skyhawka4m
July 12th, 2010, 21:47
My only critique would be that the inside surface of the wingtip tanks should be flat black...is this not possible with the mapping?

falcon409
July 12th, 2010, 21:55
Oh no, definitely is possible. The views I had of the aircraft seemed to show that the graphics continued on both sides. If that's not the case then I'll correct it.

modelr
July 13th, 2010, 03:27
It will be interesting to see what happens with the newly found source-files.

Sorry guys, but unless I did something wrong, all I found in Tim's files was the canopy. Bummer.

Daube
July 13th, 2010, 05:00
The liveries are already ready to download ? I thought you were still finalizing them.
Will test tonight, if I have time.

Helldiver
July 13th, 2010, 05:48
Falcon, It's no wonder that nobody has downloaded them. First you got to tell them their ready and then second, tell them where to find them and don't give us SOH files. I haven't much time in my life that I want to spend it figuring them out. Put them on AvSim or Flight Sim. Something that a simple guy like me can figger out.

falcon409
July 13th, 2010, 07:01
Well, just for you Helldiver, I just uploaded them to flightsim.com. It does seem that at least in this one instance, the files are not that hard to find on the SOH site. Click on the Warbirds Library tab at the top of the page, then Addons Index, then Flight Simulator X Addons, then FSX Skins. They're all there on the first page. The confusing part comes in that the file for the 57th FIS is wrong. I inadvertently zipped the textures for the 5th FIS into it instead and I had to make a new zipfile which I posted here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=39659

Anyway, if all that is still confusing, then the ones at flightsim.com should be up sometime tomorrow I would guess.

modelr
July 13th, 2010, 15:18
Sorry guys, but unless I did something wrong, all I found in Tim's files was the canopy. Bummer.

I just got a chance to look deeper. (I'm still trying to learn the program.) What we have in this package is the complete VC. No main model. This is the VC at two weeks before model finalization. The date on this is 3/30/2004, while the finished model is 4/14/2004.

Now, if I only knew what to do with it. :kilroy:

Railrunner130
July 13th, 2010, 18:30
I didn't realize you had released them. Downloaded now. Thanks!!

Daube
July 14th, 2010, 02:28
Ok, I have installed the "5th" repaint on the original T-33 aircraft I had in my hangar.
I believe that means I have only the updated external textures, and not the updated VC textures, right ? I will look deeper into that later anyway.

The repaint is just GREAT ! It displays perfectly and it looks almost perfect. I could spot just a small glitch with the rivets next to the base of the rudder, but that's because of the texture mapping.

Here is how it looks on my PC:

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1115.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1116.jpg

Helldiver
July 14th, 2010, 05:20
Falcon, with a stroke I can follow one direction pretty good. Give me two directions is sometimes feasible. Three directions is impossible and four directions are fantasy. So that's why I have a problem with SOH. It is intended for computer gurus and not for us plain people that may have a handicap. Thank you for putting the T-33 on FlightSim so the rest of us can enjoy it.