PDA

View Full Version : Bananabob Liveries

SeanTK
July 12th, 2010, 16:25
Hello,

I'm wondering if it's still possible to obtain the Lotus Simulations L-39C liveries listed on this page?
http://forum.siminsider.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=20

The links are dead, unfortunately.
I seem to also recall Bob doing a red and yellow stripes/flames livery as well, but I cannot find the original images to back up that claim.

Does anyone here have any or all of these liveries available for distribution?

Thanks!

falcon409
July 12th, 2010, 16:38
I've been told that most of his stuff is still here on the SOH download pages. . .not sure though as I've never checked.

SeanTK
July 12th, 2010, 17:56
Thanks, but I had the sense to check before I posted the query.
While we do indeed have many BananaBob liveries, we are distinctly lacking in his L-39 paints, unless I missed them.

heywooood
July 12th, 2010, 20:23
I have to agree with the OP - it is nigh impossible to find specific files in the library here anymore.

but there are lots of other sites for downloads - search 'bob rivera' at flightsim and you will find a bunch of his work

I was looking for some Bananabob props and paints myself since I lost most of my files when my HD fried
and could find no love here

Naismith
July 12th, 2010, 21:47
Has BananaBob retired from his painting? Have not seen anything new in a while.

falcon409
July 12th, 2010, 21:59
Bob hit on some pretty bad times financially and otherwise and had to basically give up everything in order to survive. He hasn't been online in a very long time. His site was up for awhile but he eventually had to close that as well. There are others here who know far more than I about the why's and wherefores of Bob's predicament, but it's not at all that he retired.:salute:

spotlope
July 12th, 2010, 22:49
Unless I'm hallucinating, I could have sworn that someone on this forum said he spoke or emailed w/Bob just a few days ago, and that he was on his way back. Hopefully that's true.

falcon409
July 12th, 2010, 23:12
Nope, you're right Bill. I hope that happens. Bob is a great talent.

LonelyplanetXO
July 13th, 2010, 00:04
certainly agree, talented guy. I had lots of Bob's work in FS9, graciously provided for free and went hunting for his work when I changed over. Unfortunately by then he'd gone, depriving me of the opportunity to throw money his way for the Kodiak repaints. Still, maybe someone in contact with him can provide a sliver of server space to let him upload his current stuff - he could make it payware to help cover that expensive thing called life. I'd buy Kodiak & L-39 repaints; and props!

LPXO

peter12213
July 13th, 2010, 00:14
A few of us spoke or left messages on his wall at Facebook but no word was said as to his return only good will messages. I left one saying we all hope you come back to Soh soon!

Francois
July 13th, 2010, 00:42
One of his closer friends recently posted on Facebook, telling Bob doing was okay and much better than the past months. So there is hope, I guess ;-)

LonelyplanetXO
July 13th, 2010, 01:24
There's a line in a song. "Men get lost sometimes as the years unfold". this situation has occured before, on a more personal level for me as the guy was a local and I got to know him.
Once apon a time in FS2002 I used to fly online in "the zone". One day a bunch of us were flying, as per 100 times before with the same crew and someone said "so where you from?" Turns out one virtual pilot was very local, a few suburbs away. So i said "fancy a beer?" & he PM'ed me his addy.Half an hour later I was on his PC still in the same flight. Turned out to be a great guy and we spent many simmin hours together.
But as we all know the real wold lurks just past the borders of our screen and his was steadily collapsing. I personally was not in great shape - biz had gone west and things were a little grim, he asked me to do some work for him, not because he really needed it but because he felt it appropriate. What a great guy. I did some contract work for him but stopped when I realised his situation and that i not only wasnt helping, but couldnt help. Problem is he was considerably worse off than me and his issues turned tragic. The guy proceeded to lose everything, his biz, family, his sanity..the inevitable result, when one man is under too much stress.
He ended up getting better thank god and went back to a normal life. But what a thing for anyone to go through.
As for Bob, he will have his demons to face like my friend. But Im reliably informed there is light at the end of that tunnel. And based on experience Id be pretty sure Bob will be back, with passion.

LPXO

Tim-HH
July 13th, 2010, 02:58
Hello,

I'm wondering if it's still possible to obtain the Lotus Simulations L-39C liveries listed on this page?
http://forum.siminsider.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=20

The links are dead, unfortunately.
I seem to also recall Bob doing a red and yellow stripes/flames livery as well, but I cannot find the original images to back up that claim.

Does anyone here have any or all of these liveries available for distribution?

Thanks!

Hi Sean,

yes, Bob's repaints for the L-39 are just great :applause:

I have these two repaints on my hard disk:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9224/tcs1j.jpg

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8115/nzskulla.jpg

If you are interested in them, just drop me an PM.

Greetings
Tim

Helldiver
July 13th, 2010, 07:48
How do I get in touch with the powers that be at SOH? I would lke to start a fund for Bob Rivera. There are 309 people looking at SOH now. If they only would let go with a lousy $10 that would mean $3090 bucks. Might bring a smile to his face.
Or maybe another computer for him to work his magic.

falcon409
July 13th, 2010, 08:31
Helldiver, that was done a long time ago. Not to say that folks wouldn't still give to help him out, but I believe the SOH community rose to the occasion early on to help Bob out.:salute:

SeanTK
July 13th, 2010, 09:22
He was/is still one of the best repainters (THE best?) out there for FS2004 & notably FSX. It's a true challenge to make liveries even half as good as he is able to.

Hopefully things will turn around for him in the future, and even if it means not being able to paint for a while, he would at least be able to return to the FS community and enjoy the camaraderie.

@Tim-HH,
Thank you very much, you have a PM.