PDA

View Full Version : airline replacement txtures

Jim Brown
July 12th, 2010, 05:05
Is there a way to simply 'switch' the default textures, like the "world travel airlines" and "Global freightways"? Is it possible to just modify the aircraft.cfg file and drop new textures into the folders, or will FSX reject that?

peter12213
July 12th, 2010, 07:14
Not entirley sure what you mean there mate, do you mean adding addon textures or swapping textures for different models? Can you explain a bit more please!

spotlope
July 12th, 2010, 07:30
It sounds as though you'd like to get rid of the fictional airliners in FSX and replace them with actual airlines. If so, by far the simplest route is to purchase one of the traffic replacement products available, such as Ultimate Traffic 2, MyTraffic, or others (whose name escapes me just now). You can add your own AI traffic, of course, but that's a bit more tedious and time-consuming. Then again, it's free.

guzler
July 12th, 2010, 08:39
You can simply replace the textures with any of the repaints available as long as you leave the aircraft title the same in the aircraft.cfg. I've done this for the CRJ. I've completely replaced the 747 and 737 with the Project Opensky versions, but still kept the aircraft title the same as default. Although I don't use default traffic, this ensures that the mission still work.

Jim Brown
July 13th, 2010, 05:24
Okay guys, thanks for the info! :ernae: