PDA

View Full Version : Textures for Tango`s VIIC subs

Jaxon
November 17th, 2008, 07:27
I promised Tango to paint a texture, if he would include my suggestions.

Here it is, or better here they are: The bright one operating from Bergen (11 Flottille), the second in the MTO (29 Flotille), both are good examples for the camo used in these areas.

The texturing is better on the new model, but I still had to jam here and there, so they are not 100% accurate, but should come as close as possible.

Enjoy, and thanks to Tango again for updating the boat!

Jaxon
November 17th, 2008, 09:08
The crew of such a boat was already deployed to the shipyard, when the boat was still under construction, so they could learn, what is where.

After that time, they operated under training units for some time, even some months. This happened mainly in the Baltic Sea.
During this time, the boats wore a yellow stripe around the tower to show their training status.

When the boats became front boats and were delivered to the Front, they wore these special markings called UAK-Zeichen.
(U-Boots-Abnahme-Kommando)

In simple words, this was a small group doing final tests at the boats, while bringing them to the front. Theses markings were worn only during that time of roughly two weeks. Each shipyard had a set of markings (~4-5?) and used them again and again, once the boat was delivered, so you can see the same marking at different boats (at different times!)

EC_ILO
November 17th, 2008, 12:31
Thanks Jaxon, they are welcome.

BTW, we're learning a lot of History from you

EC_ILO

Ravenna
November 17th, 2008, 15:16
Thank you Jaxon. These might be of interest to you.....The U81 would be interesting in the MTO.
:ernae:

Collin
November 18th, 2008, 01:24
Oh Lord....where's Captain Walker and the Second Support Group when yer need 'em.:costumes:

regards Collin:ernae:

Jaxon
November 18th, 2008, 09:34
I am still at them. Last evening, I have added lifevests - and removed the anchor at the port side.

Thanks to Jagdflieger, I was able to tie them to the pier with a new knot, so they can`t flee anymore.

:costumes:

Also a new Sub appears on the scene: U 203.

Unfortunately the tower is mirrored, so I can`t paint the badges painted at it`s front.

Jaxon
November 18th, 2008, 09:38
For those afraid, I am not working at my scenery anymore:
The pic was taken at Kiel, Tirpitz-Mole.
Scenery assembled roughly after the attached pic in this post.
(I used the larger Zerstoerer instead of the Minehunters)

I need to testfly a lot to check, if the water is right - so I check a few other things as well and threw a few ships in.

Ravenna, those are nice - and directly added to my collection.
But I do need a bit more info about the boats, they have quite a few different looks.

Ravenna
November 18th, 2008, 15:19
Oops, sorry Jax...I did mean to include the paint profile of U81.