PDA

View Full Version : Aerospool WT-9 Dynamic on the horizon

Lionheart
July 12th, 2010, 02:42
Hey all,

This is the newest bird that will follow the Boeing Blended Wing project. These are 'work in progress' screenshots, no paint on the mesh yet, very raw...

Got her flying. :d

They are very sleek planes. This will have an RG version as well. The RG will have glass screens, and the FG version will have steam gauges. You'll notice that its nearly identical to the new Piper that is also from that region of Europe (imported by Piper, rebadged here in America). The Piper plane is all aluminum, while the Dynamic seen here is all fiberglass. The Dynamic has more rounded curves, but the canopy structure is about the same. (Perhaps made by the same company? ).

Bill

SADT
July 12th, 2010, 02:44
I like planes like this and the Pipersport and the Tecnam P2002 Sierra.
How fast, How high?

anatolpopov
July 12th, 2010, 02:47
Yeah. This is what I have been waiting for.

There's WT-9 owned by local flying club.

Rimshot
July 12th, 2010, 05:52
Looking good Bill :applause:

ryanbatc
July 12th, 2010, 07:15
How fast is the RG version?

alca
July 12th, 2010, 11:31
...... ca 140 knots (250km/h) in cruise, more can be found at http://www.aerospool.sk/ :salute:

Bill,

screenshots look very nice! Cannot wait, to give it a try. There is one at the nearby airfield used as a tow plane.

Josef

N2056
July 12th, 2010, 15:46
Smoooooth! :d

clmooring
July 12th, 2010, 16:00
Thank you.... looks like it will be another great plane from the humble poly bender!

pilottj
July 12th, 2010, 16:01
yah about 134kts cruise on an 80hp Rotax is pretty good :jump: looking really nice Bill:salute:

clmooring
July 12th, 2010, 17:04
That canopy is really neat. Hmmm, imagine it with rain drops? :jump:

SADT
July 12th, 2010, 17:27
Hi Bill,

Are you going to be using custom avionics or default? waiting for more renders!

EDIT: Bill,
will it be possible to have an analogue RG and a Glass FG. Please.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LonelyplanetXO
July 12th, 2010, 21:36
Brilliant Bill. Funny, I was just thinking the Epic's fine and my Carenado Mooney is fun but FSX really needs something modern but light GA to tour around all the pretty scenery...

LXPO

Lionheart
July 13th, 2010, 01:49
Hi Bill,

Are you going to be using custom avionics or default? waiting for more renders!

EDIT: Bill,
will it be possible to have an analogue RG and a Glass FG. Please.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello SADT,

Man, thats alot to ask for. I'll have to see about it. Its two complete aircraft directions. There are a ton of gauges in the FG version. Its two different aircraft.

The glass panel version will be identical to the factory panel avionics. The glass screens are being created from scratch.

grunau_baby
July 13th, 2010, 03:31
Now thatīs my style, Bill!!!:ernae: Light, modern, sleek lines! Love it already! Do you take preorders;)

Alex

falcon409
July 13th, 2010, 07:13
Bill, this is the first time I have noticed your aircraft featured on the Companies website. The Aerospool website has a link that says "do you like virtual flying?", when you click that link it has a WIP shot of your aircraft and a link back to your site. . .very impressive!:salute:

SADT
July 13th, 2010, 13:52
Me thinks Lionheart has got an official blessing!!!!!

clmooring
July 18th, 2010, 17:00
Bill

I know you are very busy with the blended wing, but I was wondering if you have any updated vc shots on the wt-9.

This looks like it is going to be a very exciting add-on!

I appreciate your work.

Chuck

CybrSlydr
July 18th, 2010, 17:02
Reminds me alot of the Diamond Katana.

Nice job!

Lionheart
July 18th, 2010, 18:00
Bill

I know you are very busy with the blended wing, but I was wondering if you have any updated vc shots on the wt-9.

This looks like it is going to be a very exciting add-on!

I appreciate your work.

Chuck

Hey Chuck,

Unfortunately no. Not yet. I was just setting up installing it into the FS2004 installer work flow and hadnt gotten any farther then that. The Blended Wing 797 is 2 weeks behind now, so I had to go back and get work done on her.

So difficult being focussed with so many awesome planes... arrgh... Temptation, temptation, temptation......

Lionheart
July 18th, 2010, 18:05
Reminds me alot of the Diamond Katana.

Nice job!

You would think that as it has the popup canopy. The Diamonds though open from the front.

What this girl reminds me of is the Lancair two seater (I have already forgotten its name/designation). I fell in love with Lancairs, but Lancair is 'very' staunch and against FS planes of their aircraft line, and when I began getting requests for this, I was so on it. Its very similar, almost cleaner aerodynamically. If you compare cowlings, the Dynamic looks (to me) cleaner, more aerodynamic. I also like the wing root transitions and rudder/fuselage transitions much more. Also the Dynamics glass screen system is much more advanced.

Many people fly this thing in Europe at the flying clubs and ground schools, so it should be a much wanted model.

It would be cool, if I had the resources, to model also the Aerospool high performance glider, as we could couple them with the Dynamic being the tow plane, and the Aerospool glider being its co-model glider....

Bill

SADT
July 19th, 2010, 00:28
Hi Bill,

I see you are doing a FS9 version. Will the FSX version be native? Please.............:jump:

Lionheart
July 19th, 2010, 08:26
Hi Bill,

I see you are doing a FS9 version. Will the FSX version be native? Please.............:jump:

So far, yes.

Bill

CybrSlydr
July 19th, 2010, 15:09
You would think that as it has the popup canopy. The Diamonds though open from the front.

What this girl reminds me of is the Lancair two seater (I have already forgotten its name/designation). I fell in love with Lancairs, but Lancair is 'very' staunch and against FS planes of their aircraft line, and when I began getting requests for this, I was so on it. Its very similar, almost cleaner aerodynamically. If you compare cowlings, the Dynamic looks (to me) cleaner, more aerodynamic. I also like the wing root transitions and rudder/fuselage transitions much more. Also the Dynamics glass screen system is much more advanced.

Many people fly this thing in Europe at the flying clubs and ground schools, so it should be a much wanted model.

It would be cool, if I had the resources, to model also the Aerospool high performance glider, as we could couple them with the Dynamic being the tow plane, and the Aerospool glider being its co-model glider....

Bill

It's always nice when the guy making it has this kind of attention to detail and love for the craft. :)

Thanks for the input!

clmooring
July 19th, 2010, 15:44
I hate to keep peppering you with questions, but I am very excited about this add-on. I like late model GA aircraft and usually the faster the better. But probably most important is a nice VC with plenty of working stuff.....

In that regard, will the Wt-9 have an auto pilot; at least in the rg version? I am sure with all those glass displays, it must.

Also, the side view mirrors on their web-site photos are pretty slick. I finally realized those are for towing, but they still look cool. I will be happy to live without them, but living with them would be ok too.

As always, rain/ice... I can live without that too.

finally but not least, I am saving my lunch dollars...:jump:

Thanks
Chuck