PDA

View Full Version : Transcend II Reloaded

gigabyte
July 12th, 2010, 01:22
Just found another EXCEPTIONAL Mod for X3 Terran Conflict - Transcend II "Reloaded". I am just blown away by this mod, the sector backgrounds are stunning, and some very cool new ships. This is a total conversion so it is like playing a totally new game, the starts are completely different and the new missions are quite interesting (so far anyway, I am just begining so it will likely get even more interesting).

The Mod is updated to be compatible with 2.7.1 and I have added a few scripts with no problems (Cycrows Cheat Package, Apricot Claim Software, etc.), I still have a few I want to add but I want to do them one at a time so I know which one to remove if I have a problem.

Here is the link to the announcemet topic which includes the download links;

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=261288

BTW This uses a custom installer which does all the work, so there is no messing with false patches or editing tFiles etc, super easy to install. I would recommend installing on a fresh Vanilla game, completely updated to 2.7.1, and if you want add in scripts, use the Cycrow X-Plugin Manager Lite, it works like a charm and is by far the best way to install scripts and Ships.

Lionheart
July 12th, 2010, 02:01
Hey Mike,

This is very cool news.

If you get a chance in the near future, could you post some screenshots of the new backgrounds and ships?

Thanks for the heads up.

Bill

gigabyte
July 12th, 2010, 09:09
I took some screenies last night, I have to edit them down some in size but I will post a few, they are something to behold, I know you will be impressed Bill, and some of the new anamiations are just too kwel, - a hidden gate inside an asteroid, and you have to know the combination to open the door to the cave to get in... Massive Space Kwelness...

gigabyte
July 12th, 2010, 14:33
Screenshots... Post 1

The first & second shots are the new Mobile Fortress, it can actually dock 3 M1 class ships externally, plus freighters and transports internally, along with a couple hundred fighters, this thing is like a station you bring with you anywhere you want to go. The secod two are the secret Gate inside an asteroid, you have to shoot the laser targets in the proper order to open the door to get inside, then you are transported to a new sector if you pass through the gate.

gigabyte
July 12th, 2010, 14:39
Screenshots Post 2...

!st & 3rd are a new M3 fighter, very fast and agile, light on the hull strength, but fast enough to get out of Dodge if need be, the 2nd is the Mobile fortress with an M1 docked about to go through a gate, the M1 is the Deliverance, another very cool ship. Last shot is another as I was entering the asteroid to go through the hidden gate.

gigabyte
July 12th, 2010, 14:45
# 3

I love the wormhole, it is just background but such nice eyecandy... it does actually slowly rotate just to add extra Kwelness ...

This is possib;y the cooles background I have seen, the wormhole is slowly spinning and throws off a nice light when you are in external view, the station is an Orbital Defence Station, I think it is somewhat reworked but did not really compare it to DDTC or Vanilla, just blasted past this one.

GT182
July 12th, 2010, 18:38
Looks great Mike, nice screenshots. Nice too the AMS addons will work with it.

You think Transcend II "Reloaded" is better than DDTC? To be honest, after playing DDTC for a bit I'm not all that impressed.... I'd rather play AMSTC.

I did find out that 2.7.1 is best installed with a clean TC install. It porked my AMS/TC install and I've got to reinstall it all over again. No big deal tho.

Hopefully Free Jump will work in this mod.

gigabyte
July 12th, 2010, 21:06
It has been awhile since I played AMS, but I would say Transcend is on par, I like DDTC, but other than some eye candy and a few ships I have to agree AMS is more to my liking. DDTC is very nice and I will keep playing it, but I am blown away by Transcend this is really a whole new game experience.

Lionheart
July 13th, 2010, 02:12
Thanks for posting Mike. That new white ship looks awesome! Well, they all do.

Is that a wormhole in the background on some of those shots?

Looks like one heck of a good addon pack.

GT182
July 13th, 2010, 04:46
Yeah it is Bill, but eye candy only as Mike said.

Raining here today :d, so it looks like I'll be playing around getting "Reloaded" installed.....once I get my fish back in the pond. A 1 hour downpour this this morning before we got up overflowed the Koi pond. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/faint.gif :icon_lol:.

Catch y'all later on eh. :salute:

gigabyte
July 13th, 2010, 14:36
Transcend is much more than the Eye Candy tho, that is certianly what caught my attention, but there is way more to it than that. Like I said it is pretty much a new game using the same engine, but that is just about all, most of the Races are the same, and many of the ships, but the story line plots and the whole trading / fighting / building senarios are totally new.

So far I am working on the first plot, you start in the lower left corner with 2 ships, you are commander of a fleet but it was scattered all over the galaxy after going through a worm hole, and you have to search for the other ships. I have found 8 so far, and just got a tip on some more. The other neat thing is side missions sometimes FIND you, I was traveling through a sector and got hailed by a guy asking me to deliver a ramsom, it paid with the direction to the hidden warp gate. There are plenty of abandoned ships to collect to, and with the new larger carriers (The Mobile Fortress is awsome) you can pack everyone away inside a big ship and it makes fleet management much easier. The farther I get into this the more I like it, I am going to try one of the other starts tonight just for the heck of it. There is also a mobile Repair Carrier I want to get my hands on, but I have not found it yet, that sound like a really cool ship, just slide a couple of beat up freighters or even a couple of M7's you just capped into the modile repair dock, fix them up and sell them off - Gig's Mobile Space Dock and Repair Service at your command!

GT182
July 13th, 2010, 15:31
Mike, I take it Thereshallbewings is still used to get the AMS Salvage Cmd, Free Jump and the other AMS packages to work with Reloaded?

Doing the installation now of everything..... Reloaded with all the little addons we've come to love, and can't do without. :icon_lol:

gigabyte
July 13th, 2010, 17:13
Correct, I have not loaded many extras, the cheat package 1.6 and the AMS salvage pack but thats it so far.

GT182
July 14th, 2010, 06:18
I finally got Transcend 2 installed this morning. The download took forever lastnight and my computer went into Standby before it finished, which also shut down the download. No problem tho as it was a lot faster this morning, and all went well.

Amazing graphics Mike.... me likey likey. :d I tried the Invasion start by mistake but what I saw was amazing.... first thing is you're in living quarters aboard a ship, and it goes on from there. Went to the Lost in Space start and that is awesome also. Love the Evaders you get, especially the Corvette. Screenshots later on tonight.

I've installed the Cheat Collection Package 1.50, Salvage Command Suite 3.28.9, Free Jump 1.3, and Advanced Tractor Beam 1.15 so far. Will try the Intelligent Targeting System later on. Salvage Cmd Suite automatically loaded according to first start in Transcend. And a screen came up with the salvagables in several sectors. Tho I think they're ships from AMS mod but not sure as I didn't go after any of them.

Haven't played yet but by the looks, I like this one over DDTC. AMS won't be going anywhere tho... it's still my favorite.

Edit:
Forgot to say the Lag was wicked. I'm wondering if any of the performance improvement scripts would help.

gigabyte
July 14th, 2010, 13:23
Hey Gary, I suspect it might be some of your scripts causing the lag, I found this Mod is much faster than AMS or DDTC. I delibertly held back on scripts to see if it made a difference and so far no issues at all - DDTC was going into slide show mode once in awhile. I suspect the Salvage Command Suite would be the biggest performance killer, if you are using the Cycrow Plugin Manager Lite try disabling that one and see if it helps. I would also recommend updating to the Cheat Collection Ver 1.6 for this Mod it has a few new features and really you don't need the Salvage Suite if you use the Cheat Collection.

I started the Invasion last night as well, just for a peek and it looks pretty Kwel, I am goin gto give it an hour or so tonight and see where it goes.

I have to agree with you tho, I now like this one more than DDTC, although I still like some of the ships in that Mod. I am also going to try and install a couple of the Star Wars ships in this Mod to see how they work, stay tuned for that report.

Live Long & Prosper...

GT182
July 14th, 2010, 17:12
I'll try the Cheat Collection 1.6 Mike and see what happens. I did remove the Salvage Suite but it still lags. Tho it might possibly be heat build up on my GFX card again.

Here's the screenshots I took this morning......

1st one is the OSR Evader Corvette that is yours. The rest, think of it as the R&R you no longer have. ;)

Marlin
July 19th, 2010, 18:08
Thanks for the heads up about Transcended II.

I just reinstalled X3 just for this because it looks so good. :salute::jump::salute:

Thanks again.

gigabyte
July 20th, 2010, 01:09
I'll try the Cheat Collection 1.6 Mike and see what happens. I did remove the Salvage Suite but it still lags. Tho it might possibly be heat build up on my GFX card again.

I am testing add on scripts and finding a few weird things, I had a terrible lag at one point like 6 seconds per frame - yeah a real slide show! It must have been the Save, because I restored a previous save and replayed the mission and it was fine. I seem to recall the same thing with AMS but I thought that was the number of ships, however I am not so sure now. I have been collecting abandoned vessles and I am at close to 200 - time for a fire sale me thinks. The one thing I really like about this Mod is the new super ships, the Mobile Fortress, and Mobile Repair Ship can dock M1's M2's and a whole pile of freighters and fighters. I am just going around collecting space junk and docking it in the Fortress I have following me. I plan to park next to a ship yard soon and start selling off the junk and using the profit to "Pimp" the ships I want to keep.

I have added a couple of extra ships which are a lot of fun, the Midway Super Carrier from Wing Commander and the F14, F4U, (F14 & F4U are M3's) and these thing are a ball.

GT182
July 20th, 2010, 11:32
Not so sure about the Save causing it Mike. I've replayed Saves and it's the same... lag up the wazoo. 6 seconds is mild, as I've seen lag times up to 30 seconds and more.

CCP 1.6 is installed but not tried yet. This new business I started is taking time away from my computer game time... and that's a good thing. LOL

Marlin
July 20th, 2010, 15:58
I have added a couple of extra ships which are a lot of fun, the Midway Super Carrier from Wing Commander and the F14, F4U, (F14 & F4U are M3's) and these thing are a ball.

Your holding out on us; show us some screenshots man!!!:jump:

CCP 1.6 is installed but not tried yet. This new business I started is taking time away from my computer game time... and that's a good thing. LOL

The only thing that I have installed is of course Transcended and CCP 1.6 and there is not any lags or problems docking, flying through gates...

But then again I have only have about two hours of game play with the two cool ships that 'lost in space' starts you off with.

Good luck with your new business, I hope it does extremely well. :applause:

GT182
July 20th, 2010, 16:09
Thanks Marlin. I'm crossing my fingers it does, but it'll be another week an a half before I can get anything shipped to me for 3 prospective sales. The company is on a 2 week vacation.... shutdown and no one around the plant. Not sure if I'm allowed to post about it on SOH so I haven't said much... just hints. LOL

Lionheart
July 20th, 2010, 18:01
Man...! What in the world is that little 'motorhome' looking station thing? That is brilliant! Love that Corvette as well. Looks like this weekend is the loadup time for Transcend...!

Bill

gigabyte
July 20th, 2010, 19:20
Your holding out on us; show us some screenshots man!!!:jump:

I didn't mean to hold out, I was having some trouble getting the shots down to a size I can upload, but try these... 1st one is a UFO that just flys around doing nothing much??? 2nd is a special gate on an Asteroid - Very Kwel, 3rd & 4th are the Midway tailing the UFO through a gate.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

gigabyte
July 20th, 2010, 19:23
Man...! What in the world is that little 'motorhome' looking station thing? That is brilliant! Love that Corvette as well. Looks like this weekend is the loadup time for Transcend...!

Bill

Bill that is one of the new TP's - Personal Transport, it is awsome, note much for weapons but fast enough and when you switch views you see the inside, including the Piano Bar...lol

marklaur
July 20th, 2010, 23:50
I was going to give this a try but it looks like you have to be hooked up to the web to even install. I have a seperate PC for downloads and use another one for normal use that does not connect to the web so no virus software needed etc.

Can this be downloaded then transferred to another PC?

Hate to have to pass on this one. But it would be good to have this on the upcoming all in one box but it came out a bit late for that I suppose.

Cheers MarkL

Edit, found some instructions in the egosoft thread on how to install to another PC. I give give it a go.

gigabyte
July 21st, 2010, 02:48
MarkL,

If you have any problems let me know I have installed / reinstalled X3 so many times now I am getting fairly good at it...lol

As for this one it would be fairly simple to do a vanilla install on your connected computer, download the Trancend installer and do the complete install on that machine, once it is installed give it a quick test and if everything works fine you could just burn the complete X3 Terran Conflict folder to a DVD then take that to your gaming rig and copy it into the Ergosoft Folder. I have 3 complete installs now of TC mods I just rename the folder slightly and switch to which ever suites my fancy. This game does not register the app path in the registry so as long as you use the executible from the folder of the mod you want to play you are good to go.

The only thing to watch with multiple installs is the save game folder, it is static so if you save games for one mod and try to load that save with a different mod you will get a CTD. I handle that by having a seperate backup folder for each mod, I just move all the saves to the backup before I switch to a new mod, then do the opposite if I switch back later.

Welcome to X3 my friend, and may the Farse Be Wit Ya

GT182
July 21st, 2010, 04:47
Nice screenshots Mike. Is the asteroid gate useable? But then why would you need it when you have Free Jump installed. :icon_lol: Unless it takes you to that special place.

Hardest thing to get used to is the new names of all the Transend Universe's Sectors.

I loaded the Advanced Tractor Beam spk and I'm wondering if that will cause lag. I haven't had the opportunity use it yet so I might disable it to find out.

gigabyte
July 21st, 2010, 13:43
I have never tried the Advanced Tractor so I am not sure about that one, my lag problem was related to that save for sure, I disabled all scripts and it was still a slide show? Once I loaded a previous save and palyed through that spot again it was fine and has been ever since. I am off loading ships now getting rid of the excess, I had 94 ships in space in various stages of docking and no lag at all.

I have a few of the scripts active again and loaded the new ships and things are fine so I am going back at it in a few. I have another 100 or so ships to sell before I do much more exploring, but I want to gte back at it tonight.

I just loaded the Missouri and Normany battle ships so I want to give them a spin, watch for the screen shots later tonight.

Marlin
July 21st, 2010, 17:58
I just loaded the Missouri and Normany battle ships so I want to give them a spin, watch for the screen shots later tonight.

How about some of the Corsair too. :wavey:

I'm trying to finish mass effect 2 before I have to return it, so X3 is on standby ready to go. :jump:

gigabyte
July 21st, 2010, 18:39
OK Boys here are a few from tonight, these are really neat ships.

gigabyte
July 21st, 2010, 18:41
How about some of the Corsair too. :wavey:

I'm trying to finish mass effect 2 before I have to return it, so X3 is on standby ready to go. :jump:

I have to find the F4U, I have it somewhere and will give it a try tomorrow, right now I am having a ball with the F14 tho, very cool ship!

Marlin
July 21st, 2010, 18:50
Outstanding!!! :salute:

Stu Austin
June 20th, 2011, 07:44
@gigabyte
Hello. Thanks for the kind words for Transcend II. In our last update, Observe did some rework to the ships. Also a new freighter was introduced.

Stu Austin
Transcend Mod Team

Lionheart
June 20th, 2011, 17:43
Hey Stu,

Welcome to the SOH.

:ernae:

Bill

Stu Austin
June 21st, 2011, 11:07
Thanks Bill!:wavey:

luckydog
June 26th, 2011, 21:28
Just downloaded Transcend II..................

What the hell is DDST and AMSTC ???? I been gone for awhile....

Stu Austin
June 30th, 2011, 07:45
I think AMSTC is the Apricot Mapping Service mod for TC.

stu

gigabyte
July 18th, 2011, 15:17
LD, Stu is correct DDST and AMSTC are both different Mods for X3 TC, I have both loaded on my other gaming system, and they are both exceptional. I have always had a hard time figuring out which mod I like best, I have tried most of them I think. I would have to say Transcend II and DDST are the two I put the most time into, and if I have to pick one it would be Transcend II. The things that team has done with the X3 universe is just awsome, I especially like the asteroid bases and the special asteroid you have to pass through to jump to the next sector - it has been awhile since I even touched X3 but once I get through the summer and get the renovaations finished I will be back in action for sure.