PDA

View Full Version : Holy Porkchops! T-33.fsc files...

Piglet
July 11th, 2010, 15:54
While digging thru my garage for ammo, I came upon some old Omega ZipDisks. Well after digging out the ol' zip drive machine and going thru the disks, I found the T-33.fsc FSDS files. Hopefully, it's complete and intact.
So, if anyone wants it, let me know and I'll zip it to ya.

ColoKent
July 11th, 2010, 17:12
Travel pod, upgraded crewmembers and shiny glass here we come!

Kent

heywooood
July 11th, 2010, 17:45
unconventional to keep ones sock drawer in the garage...

come across any other Peculiar Planes out there? ...like maybe the Great Lakes 2T-1A praps?

that would be nice to have all updated to FSX native Mr. Conrad...not to imply that ANY Peculiar Plane isn't welcome to say the least

Prowler1111
July 11th, 2010, 17:52
Travel pod, upgraded crewmembers and shiny glass here we come!

Kent

You gotta work in that travel pods fixation of yours!..LOL:jump:

Prowler
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Railrunner130
July 11th, 2010, 18:04
I wish I had the talent to work with FSDS, etc.!

ColoKent
July 11th, 2010, 19:21
....it's a FETISH!

Kent

DennyA
July 11th, 2010, 20:39
Just curious: Can FSDS files be reworked to FSX native, or does it pretty much entail a rebuild from scratch?

skyblazer3
July 12th, 2010, 14:29
This sounds fantastic. Perhaps we should all clean out our garages, who knows what we'll find.:salute:

PutPut
July 12th, 2010, 15:40
Just curious: Can FSDS files be reworked to FSX native, or does it pretty much entail a rebuild from scratch?

In theory, one can import the .fsc file from early versions of FSDS into FSDSv3.51 and export through Xtomdl as a native FSX project. One must rename all the animations and key frame animate them. Also, the textures should be converted to .dds format. I have done this with three of my early projects and it has always been a real PITA!

Paul

Prowler1111
July 12th, 2010, 17:07
If FSDS (any version) can produce a .x file, it can be imported into 3dsmax, animations might be all screwed up, but mapping will stay.

Prowler
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

PutPut
July 12th, 2010, 18:01
If FSDS (any version) can produce a .x file, it can be imported into 3dsmax, animations might be all screwed up, but mapping will stay.

Prowler

FSDSv3 and up create an .x file. I really don't remember if earlier versions do, but I think not. I'd be happy to be wrong on that.

Paul

modelr
July 13th, 2010, 15:27
I recieved the file from Tim to check out and learn some stuff on, along with maybe converting it. I have v3.5.1. Still in very early learning stages.

Anyway, I was able to open the file, and it is the complete VC, including the outer view from the cockpit consisting of wings and upper forward fuse, along with cockpit and canopy. The VC model is dated 3/30/2004, so it is nearly complete, if not complete. The final released compiled model was dated 4/14/2004.

Don't know if just this can be converted, and used in a new model, or if it can be used as the basis of a new model. As I said, I'm just a beginner with no real time to devote to learning quickly.

Prowler1111
July 13th, 2010, 15:37
If you can export it as an .x file, i can provide you an "as is" 3dsMax9 mesh or a 3ds mesh, just the conversion as i´m extremely busy..

Prowler

modelr
July 13th, 2010, 15:48
If you can export it as an .x file, i can provide you an "as is" 3dsMax9 mesh or a 3ds mesh, just the conversion as i´m extremely busy..

Prowler
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

I was able to export as an .x file, which I can send you, but I don't know what I'd do with it. As I say, I'm just a beginner. Altho' if someone else can use it...

Can those files you mentioned be used in the GMAX we get with the FS9/FSX SDK's?? I've installed the FS9 version. Haven't learned anything on it, yet.

Piglet
July 13th, 2010, 18:41
So it's just the vc file? Sorry, couldn't test it to see what was really in the file. Actually the VC is the harder part to make, in many ways.

modelr
July 14th, 2010, 01:05
So it's just the vc file? Sorry, couldn't test it to see what was really in the file. Actually the VC is the harder part to make, in many ways.

Thanks amyway, Tim. It's the gesture that counts. :salute:

Zoren
July 14th, 2010, 04:45
Actually Tim was kind enough to send me the file to as I wanted to see how others make planes for FS using FSDS. I am hoping to use some of his methods for my Tutor and Jetliner.

At first I thought it was just a VC model, but the main model showed a bunch of parts in the parts list. It appears that Tim has hidden all of the parts except the canopy. Go into Edit and select Unhide All. There are 3 models included, Main, VC, and Landing Light (something needed in FSDS to make landing lights show-up in FS2004).

Hope this helps you.

Ooops, forgot. You can also include the paint files from the released version.

modelr
July 14th, 2010, 14:37
aaahhh ha. As I said, I'm just learning. Going to try that now.

Yes, it IS all there!!

So, maybe someone CAN convert to FSX. If nothing else, it can be another great learning tool.

Piglet
July 14th, 2010, 17:38
Dang! I hardly remember all that FSDS/2004 stuff. The ext. model, the vc model, and the landlight model. Wasn't there a shadow model, too? Or was that the Jurassic AF99 era?

Zoren
July 14th, 2010, 18:00
I don't remember there being a shadow model but yeah there is a lot of different models to worry about.

Bjoern
July 15th, 2010, 15:47
So, maybe someone CAN convert to FSX. If nothing else, it can be another great learning tool.

I'd at least take a look at it.

Zip up the source files (in .x format) and send them to
DeltaOscarPapaEchoFoxtrotIndiaSierraHotel[at]WhiskeyEchoBravo[dot]DeltaEcho

(Sorry for the NATO. Better safe than sorry if you're posting your email in public.)

modelr
July 15th, 2010, 16:40
I'd at least take a look at it.

Zip up the source files (in .x format) and send them to
DeltaOscarPapaEchoFoxtrotIndiaSierraHotel[at]WhiskeyEchoBravo[dot]DeltaEcho

(Sorry for the NATO. Better safe than sorry if you're posting your email in public.)

On the way, Bjoern.

Radioman123
July 15th, 2010, 17:49
While digging thru my garage for ammo, I came upon some old Omega ZipDisks. Well after digging out the ol' zip drive machine and going thru the disks, I found the T-33.fsc FSDS files. Hopefully, it's complete and intact.
So, if anyone wants it, let me know and I'll zip it to ya.

Piglet

I am very interested in the T-33.fsc FSDS files. I have just finished updating a Camel to FSX-A and this would be a good next project.

Radioman123
Radioman123@socal.rr.com

Bjoern
July 17th, 2010, 08:38
Couldn't even take a look at the model since I didn't find a single way to import .x files into Max 9 (even around 34093489 corners, say Blender or Milkshape or similar).

Anyone had any luck getting the model into Max 9/GMax?

- Edit: FSDSxTweak would be anouther option, but I'm not sure what to do about the animations...