PDA

View Full Version : OT Best Apache Longbow in Game

gajit
July 11th, 2010, 00:04
Hi

Rotorheads may well want to try the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead standalone game if for nothing else than the Longbow. Fairly good flight dynamics when you connect to a joystick and you can play as gunner or pilot in a great looking VC.

My tip would be to have a go at the easy to use mission editor as you will find that you can create your own battle very quickly and be straight into the seat without all the game stuff.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/aaoaapache.jpg

MudMarine
July 11th, 2010, 04:57
I was thinking about getting that for the helo action. Glad you like it, helps me make up my mind!

gajit
July 11th, 2010, 05:25
Hi Mud

The apache is so good I have not had much time to fly all the other great birds including and L-39!!

Considering its a combat sim rather than a flight sim they have done a good job.

Just off to support an infantry reg.

MudMarine
July 11th, 2010, 05:27
Cool!!:jump:

ryanbatc
July 11th, 2010, 07:13
What kind of system do you need to run it like your screenshot?

Is my system good enough?

gajit
July 11th, 2010, 08:30
What kind of system do you need to run it like your screenshot?

Is my system good enough?

My old system runs it better than a lot of FSX addons (for example I cannot run addons with MFDs but it works fine in this game - but you could try the ARMA 2 demo as a test first. If anything the fps seems just that bit better in Arma2 Operation Arrowhead on my PC.

Hope that helps.

BTW - there is a great UH-1 in the pack!!

flaviossa
July 11th, 2010, 08:35
In fact, Operation Arrowhead works better (FPS) than the original ArmaII. So if you´re gonna try it, go for OA. It´s mutch more FPS friendly. And ... has the Apache too.

ryanbatc
July 11th, 2010, 11:32
Thanks I see they have a demo in the making for OA - I think I will wait for that. If I recall I tried the Arma2 demo and it was pretty bad - but I had a lot of settings turned up high.

Scratch
July 11th, 2010, 13:17
I bought this game a few days ago and love it. I have only flown the Mi-8, Blackhawk, and SU-25 so far.

gajit
July 11th, 2010, 13:23
You have great taste - just off to fly a few troops in a Chinook :jump::jump::jump:

Bone
July 11th, 2010, 18:42
Does TrackIR work with this game?

Lotus
July 11th, 2010, 19:20
Does TrackIR work with this game?

Yes, Track-ir works very well with it, though it is limited to 3 DOF mostly, ie, pitch and yaw panning, and moving your head forward zooms the view in (very very handy for long range shots). The implementation is very similar to Lomac.

Been playing Arma2 and all its predecessors (right back to OFP v1) for years. Love em. :)

-Mike

gajit
July 21st, 2010, 08:24
Hi

Just in case your interested - the demo has now been released. :ernae: