PDA

View Full Version : Which DA42 to get?

ColoKent
July 10th, 2010, 18:21
Hi all--

I have been bitten by the DA42 bug. After looking at both Iris' and Eaglesoft's versions, I'm in a quandry. I definately want an airborne sensor variant, and it appears that only Iris' version has that. Unfortunately, it appears that the Iris version does not have a paintkit (yet?) available, while the Eaglesoft airplane does.

So what I'd ideally like is a sensor version of the airplane with different sensor noses, and a paintkit-- I don't think that combo exists, however. So, I'd like to know what se sor variants are included in each package, whether there is a paintkit for the Iris model, and just any info or general impressions of each you can give me.

Thanks!

Kent

flaviossa
July 10th, 2010, 20:06
I donīt have any of this birds, but i would go with the IRIS one just for the fact that a model is much more complicate to do than a paint kit. So , if IRIS has the airborne sensor variant (A model) that you want, it should be much less complicated to paint it even without an official paint kit. For the other hand, if the other developer donīt do a airborne model for you, it would be almost impossible that you ever flies with this variant that you want.

Just an opinion .... :salute:

Ferry_vO
July 11th, 2010, 01:56
The IRIS one does come with a paintkit... :mixedsmi:

ColoKent
July 11th, 2010, 05:25
....I jumped and bought the Iris version-- and discovered it does include a paint kit.

Thanks!

Kent

strykerpsg
July 11th, 2010, 08:06
Hi all--

So what I'd ideally like is a sensor version of the airplane with different sensor noses, and a paintkit--Thanks!

Kent
Are the sensors just eye candy? In other words, is there any sort of slewable display for the sensor?

Matt

ColoKent
July 11th, 2010, 10:52
....are just eye candy (which is what I expected-- so I'm not disappointed).

Kent