PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go Wow!!

falcon409
July 9th, 2010, 10:27
Orbyx Pacific Northwest is like that. The area north of Astoria, aside from the time spent around Emma Field and the Georender series when I flew FS9, is unchartered territory for me. The area from Astoria, south to Coos Bay is different. I've been out there 3 or 4 times now and so I'm a lot more familiar with that area, especially along the coast which is breathtaking. I flew from Astoria and flew south along the coast over Cannon Beach and down toward Tillamook. Man they've done such a great job that even the Rock formations just off the coast are visible as you head south, especially the one just off the beach at Cannon Beach.

Today I started at Darrington and turned south through the valley on my way out to Arlington Mun. The screens below are of that valley I headed down through. I wasn't paying a lot of attention really, spending most of time time looking down at the valley floor. When I looked up. . . .I was in awe of what surrounded me. When you become so immersed in the simulation that what you see takes your breath away. . .you know the folks have done their job in designing a world that really is as real as it gets. Great Job John and Team!!:salute:

Cactuskid
July 9th, 2010, 10:53
I've made that flight too. It's pretty awesome. Try it in rough weather or winter conditions. It's kind of a challenge in a light GA...

peter12213
July 9th, 2010, 16:07
PNW won't run on my present comp because of it being Sh**e but I did but this and can't wait to get a new comp so I can enjoy it as it looks great!

vora
July 9th, 2010, 16:31
Really awe-inspiring pics here (esp. the last).

Simply put: they're playing in another league, a new league of design opened by Holger's TongassX...

Dain Arns
July 9th, 2010, 16:57
Yep.
Always something amazing to see, every flight when you go exploring...

falcon409
July 9th, 2010, 17:01
Yep.
Always something amazing to see, every flight when you go exploring...
Great shot Dain. . . .I also noticed something that gave me the "williy's" in your pic. . . .is that FSInn something you guys use at Hovercontrol for your MP flights? Shudder", lol

falcon409
July 9th, 2010, 21:54
Here are a few more. . .in this order:
Spieden Island, Stuart Island Airpark, Shaw Island (2). . .actually the entire Island group around Orcas Is. and Friday Harbor are full of these little short strips that are really well done and fun to fly into.

Kiwikat
July 9th, 2010, 22:45
These shots really make me wish I could get PNW working right on my computer. I can run FTX AU at quite high settings and get great frame rates, but PNW just obliterates my computer. Whenever I try loading up a flight with it, my airplane model refuses to load and its like I'm sitting in an invisible plane. Even when I turn down my settings it still screws up.

Any ideas? Maybe I need to reinstall PNW?

Dain Arns
July 10th, 2010, 03:13
Great shot Dain. . . .I also noticed something that gave me the "williy's" in your pic. . . .is that FSInn something you guys use at Hovercontrol for your MP flights? Shudder", lol

Yep, I understand. I admit that was my first reaction as well. :icon_lol:
But it's not through VATSIM.
The guys over there at HC actually have their own dedicated version working quite well on the server.
Plus they are happy to help talk folks through the set up, and troubleshoot, via the TeamSpeak server.
It actually has quite a few handy and useful features for MP helicopter flying.
Especially if you have a dozen or more guys on a flight.

JayKae
July 10th, 2010, 04:19
It's great to read and see you are enjoying our FTX guys and for those who can't get it to run have you come and sought help on our support forums?

Daube
July 10th, 2010, 04:23
FTX sceneries are certainly providing a lot of pleasure during the VFR exploration flights. I can't wait to buy and install the PNW and the various related sceneries too.
From my side, there are many points in FS that made me go WOW since the FS9 days. For example, the discovery of a new landscape after the installation of a good mesh and a good landclass. I was completely amazed when I started exploring Norway, for example :)

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1044.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1046.jpg

spotlope
July 10th, 2010, 08:54
These shots really make me wish I could get PNW working right on my computer. I can run FTX AU at quite high settings and get great frame rates, but PNW just obliterates my computer. Whenever I try loading up a flight with it, my airplane model refuses to load and its like I'm sitting in an invisible plane. Even when I turn down my settings it still screws up.

Any ideas? Maybe I need to reinstall PNW?

It does sound like your system is being over-driven if you're getting those results. Have you tried the highmemfix=1 line in your fsx.cfg? As I understand it, that's supposed to eliminate the invisible plane syndrome. Since I started using it, I haven't gone Wonder Woman once.

Stop by the official support forums at Orbx and I'm sure someone can help you get it up and running. And yes, it could be that a reinstall is in order first.

Kiwikat
July 10th, 2010, 14:32
It does sound like your system is being over-driven if you're getting those results. Have you tried the highmemfix=1 line in your fsx.cfg? As I understand it, that's supposed to eliminate the invisible plane syndrome. Since I started using it, I haven't gone Wonder Woman once.

Stop by the official support forums at Orbx and I'm sure someone can help you get it up and running. And yes, it could be that a reinstall is in order first.

I am using that line in my cfg file. I don't see why PNW would be THAT much worse on fps than Australia. Like I said, I can get 60 fps locked almost everywhere over FTX AU.

I'll pop in on their forums and see if they have any ideas the next time I'm on my rig.