PDA

View Full Version : HU--FSX Scenery..Kauai

Crusader
July 9th, 2010, 06:21
Just a heads up , there is a photoreal FSX scenery...Kauai by Richard Sorochak in today's download library over at flightsim.com . I've downloaded but have not loaded it up yet . Screenshots look very good . Beware , very large download (424MB)

Rich

Dain Arns
July 9th, 2010, 08:42
Just a heads up , there is a photoreal FSX scenery...Kauai by Richard Sorochak in today's download library over at flightsim.com . I've downloaded but have not loaded it up yet . Screenshots look very good . Beware , very large download (424MB)

Rich

I was just thinking about that the other day. He released the demo back in December.
Great to hear!
Bonus day for freeware scenery this morning! :jump:

stormtrooper271
July 9th, 2010, 09:32
I think it looks very good but I'm still on the fence about getting it, I wonder what kind of performance you can get with it.

Dain Arns
July 9th, 2010, 10:06
I get very good fps on a nearly 3 year old system now, with Richard's scenery.

He has also done the island of Niihau, which is just west of Kauai.
Niihau is much smaller island.
You could try that first and see how it impacts your system.
Take off from Barking Sands on Kauai, and you can see the island across the channel.
It is available for download at LockOnFiles.

You have to register to use the site however:
http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php

stormtrooper271
July 9th, 2010, 10:20
I get very good fps on a nearly 3 year old system now, with Richard's scenery.

He has also done the island of Niihau, which is just west of Kauai.
Niihau is much smaller island.
You could try that first and see how it impacts your system.
Take off from Barking Sands on Kauai, and you can see the island across the channel.
It is available for download at LockOnFiles.

You have to register to use the site however:
http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php

Thanks for the help; I decided to just go ahead and download the Kauai scenery and try it from there. I can't help but to not try it, it looks like some very nice scenery

Mithrin
July 9th, 2010, 10:33
Thanks for the heads up. His previous stuff was good so I'm sure I will like this as well!

NoNewMessages
July 9th, 2010, 10:34
I think it looks very good but I'm still on the fence about getting it, I wonder what kind of performance you can get with it.

Without the oversaturation of autogen that FSX has for some textures that are in use around Hawai'i, you'll probably get better performance.

Cactuskid
July 9th, 2010, 10:46
I have it and it had no real impact on FPS. I'm locked at 30 and I'm getting 22 - 30 around most places on the island.

I'll post some screenies later if I get a chance... It is definately worth trying this scenery on your system...

Scratch
July 9th, 2010, 13:30
I have it and can say that it is a very high quality addition to FSX. Zero impact on frames.

ijay
July 9th, 2010, 15:28
No frame rate problems here either, great piece of freeware.:ernae:

stormtrooper271
July 9th, 2010, 18:34
This scenery looks great and is great for performance too. I am getting 25fps with them locked at 25.

rohan
July 9th, 2010, 20:08
FYI Niihau is available at AvSim

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=141686

regs,
Ro