PDA

View Full Version : Name that Airplane!!

falcon409
July 8th, 2010, 21:23
I was having some problems with PNW and frame rates, so I decided to let FSX rewrite a new cfg file and start from scratch. This is what I got when I reloaded it, lol. . .any ideas?

euroastar350
July 8th, 2010, 22:10
A plane that looks like a puzzle...LOL!!!

CG_1976
July 8th, 2010, 22:38
Hum other then a Buffor Pool tweek or a misguided install of FSX im at a loss. Sorry Falcon I cant be more assist.

tigermoth
July 8th, 2010, 22:50
My extensive research has identified this aircraft as the Air Miscreation Tripe, Mark M-IX/UP Stealth version with retractable undercarriage. Very rare!

gradyhappyg
July 8th, 2010, 23:00
Yep did the same thing. LOL! After much head scratching figured out I had to add the lines to
enable the ENB bloom shaders manually after the CFG rebuild. Shame kind of liked the new look Trike the black paint was really cool.

anthony31
July 8th, 2010, 23:06
I've had that happen a few times when exporting a model from FSDS. Sometimes FSDS gets a bit confused and collapses all the animations (ie prop, ailerons, rudder, wheels etc etc etc) at the 0,0,0 reference point plus it loses all the textures. That's why I make regular saves and backups.

If I exported the model it would end up looking something like the one in your pic.

You did back up the FSX.cfg file first didn't you? If not I'd try selecting another plane and making a new default flight (instead of tricke at friday harbour).

EDIT: scratch that. Do what Gradyhappyg says and put in your ENB bloom shaders. You may also need to check if you have Jesus' shaders 3.0 mod installed. I think these needed a special tweak to the fsx.cfg as well to prevent problems.

Lionheart
July 8th, 2010, 23:33
Reboot the computer and check again.

With many programs running, with high sliders on FSX, you will get this often.

If I have Gmax running and want to change planes to other paint schemes in FSX, after choice 2, the plane refuses to update textures, then on choice 3, the plane is black with missing parts.

Bill

falcon409
July 9th, 2010, 16:58
Not sure what caused it actually. I rebooted, no change. . .rebooted a second time, nothing. . .deleted the current cfg and let it try again. . .no good. I did that three different times, rebooting each time and it never would give me a decent aircraft.

I finally put the original back in and it was fine, I deleted NHancer. . .I've used that for about a year now and never have really seen much good from it even after following Nick's directions. I've just gone back to setting the sliders in the sim and forgetting all the other so-called tweaks.:salute:

PutPut
July 9th, 2010, 18:28
I've had that happen a few times when exporting a model from FSDS. Sometimes FSDS gets a bit confused and collapses all the animations (ie prop, ailerons, rudder, wheels etc etc etc) at the 0,0,0 reference point plus it loses all the textures. That's why I make regular saves and backups.

If I exported the model it would end up looking something like the one in your pic.

You mean like in the picture? Every time I had this happen it was because I misspelled or misnamed a animated part in FSDS!

Cheers, Paul