PDA

View Full Version : SibWings Bird Dog Update Out

Crusader
July 8th, 2010, 15:26
I noticed on the SibWings forum that the update is out . It apparently requires redownloading then reactivating prior to final install . I redownloaded but have not tried to reactivate with key yet .

http://www.sibwings.com/

Rich

Naki
July 8th, 2010, 16:13
Finally! ..thanks for the HU...hopefully it fixes the FDE issues

mikew
July 8th, 2010, 17:59
I downloaded and installed right over the original install. It recognized my activation key automatically and I was ready to fly. I only tried the US registered standard model so far but it seems great!

Mike

spotlope
July 8th, 2010, 18:10
Unless they made some huge change from when I beta-tested it, the new FDE is a work of art. It flies incredibly well now.

hews500d
July 8th, 2010, 18:12
Great news !!! I hope it's as good as the testers say it is :jump:

Darrell

PRB
July 8th, 2010, 18:23
Just curious, because I have the Birddog and love it, but I have't the stightest notion if it flew right or not. So, what was wrong with the originbal FDE?

Naki
July 8th, 2010, 19:29
Some have reported worse issues than others (dont ask me why - different system set up, different expectations how it flew?).

In my case the aircraft was taking way too long take off runs, the tail wouldnt come up fast enough on take off, it would dip a wing and spin into the ground at slow speeds without any warning (ie no stall warning), it had strange stall behaviour and it would ground loop very easily (although I understand this is a big issue with the real one so that may of been right).

I am keen to see what it's like when I get the update installed as in most other respects this is a very nice model.

Kiwikat
July 8th, 2010, 20:29
Oh good, it looks like they toned down the adverse yaw too!

Thanks Sibwings! :jump:

bushpilot
July 9th, 2010, 00:07
Now this is cool. Love the new repaints:salute::salute::salute::salute:

Ferry_vO
July 9th, 2010, 04:16
Thanks, downloading right now!

:)

bushpilot
July 9th, 2010, 04:34
I gotta add that FM is much better now. And that bare-metal/red paint is just yummy:wavey:.

Sieggie
July 9th, 2010, 04:53
I downloaded and installed right over the original install. It recognized my activation key automatically and I was ready to fly. I only tried the US registered standard model so far but it seems great!

Mike

What is the US registered Standard Model? does your Altimeter adjust in inches instead of MBs?

Dave

Snave
July 9th, 2010, 07:20
What is the US registered Standard Model? does your Altimeter adjust in inches instead of MBs?

Dave

It won't. MB's only. Was the real Bird Dog capable of switching..? Don't think so. Might be able to supplant the altimeter with an alternative, if it's that serious an issue.

chet twowolves
July 9th, 2010, 07:42
Hi.The new bird dog up date is outstanding!!!.The only thing the pilot is canadian' is there is a way putting an american pilot in the american reg.It flys outstanding.Chet Two Wolves.:applause:

peter12213
July 9th, 2010, 07:44
Thanks for the heads up just about to try it now!

Alan_A
July 9th, 2010, 08:33
Unless they made some huge change from when I beta-tested it, the new FDE is a work of art. It flies incredibly well now.

Agreed. It was very good before, even with its issues, and now it's got to be one of the best light aircraft available for FSX.

Sieggie
July 9th, 2010, 09:53
It won't. MB's only. Was the real Bird Dog capable of switching..? Don't think so. Might be able to supplant the altimeter with an alternative, if it's that serious an issue.

I have set FSX to use MB so I don't have to convert, so not a real problem. The manual does not say one way or the other about that, Just kept hearing about a US version and was not sure it I had the correct one as I did not get a chance to select at DL time.

Ferry_vO
July 9th, 2010, 11:56
Well my FsX keeps crashing when I try to select the aircraft...... Made a post at the Sibwings forum to see if they know a fix!

Ferry_vO
July 9th, 2010, 12:11
Found it.... Seems Panda Antivirus was blocking it; turned it off and now it works fine.