PDA

View Full Version : Finally Did It

strikehawk
July 7th, 2010, 17:41
Well I bit the bullet and bought FSX Gold today. It should arrive in a couple of weeks so I have time to get prepared for it. What brought me over to FSX was the release of the CH-54 and the pending release of the A-7 and the fact that there are some other bells and whistles that are missing in FS9.

Right now I have one important, for me, question. Since I am an ex-helo armourer/wrench turner, my first love in FS is helos. Any suggestions on freeware birds and am I going to have a steep learning curve with them in FSX? Any info will be welcome.

Dain Arns
July 7th, 2010, 17:53
Well I bit the bullet and bought FSX Gold today. It should arrive in a couple of weeks so I have time to get prepared for it. What brought me over to FSX was the release of the CH-54 and the pending release of the A-7 and the fact that there are some other bells and whistles that are missing in FS9.

Right now I have one important, for me, question. Since I am an ex-helo armourer/wrench turner, my first love in FS is helos. Any suggestions on freeware birds and am I going to have a steep learning curve with them in FSX? Any info will be welcome.

C'mon over and visit Hovercontrol. :d
Website dedicated to FS helicopter operations.
Folks there will be glad to help.
Plenty of freeware stuff in the Downloads section. :wavey:

http://www.hovercontrol.com/

crashaz
July 7th, 2010, 18:00
Welcome to the Dark Side! :wavey:

b52bob
July 7th, 2010, 19:54
we have cookies!

ColoKent
July 7th, 2010, 20:13
...I've recently purchased several helicopters from ND, and I love them. Does anyone know of any extremely detailed city scenery with lots of heliports that would work well in FSX?

Thanks!

Kent

Dain Arns
July 7th, 2010, 22:03
...I've recently purchased several helicopters from ND, and I love them. Does anyone know of any extremely detailed city scenery with lots of heliports that would work well in FSX?

Thanks!

Kent

Manhattan X (FSX only)

Created by the undisputed master of city scenery, Andras Kozma, this Manhattan X scenery is a direct successor of the very successful and award winning Manhattan scenery for FS2004.
Instead of trying to update that one the whole projects was redone using new standards to ensure it would be fast enough to be usable. Almost double the amount of buildings and using all new effects of FSX, Manhattan X sets new standards. Designed with helicopters in mind, the scenery can also be explored with small aircrafts or ships. Even if you like to fly large aircraft you'll enjoy the views when you approach the nearby airports. FSX deserves Manhattan X !
Features:

Covers the entire Manhattan Island (East Side, West Side, Uptown and Downtown) plus Ellis Island, Governors Island, Roosevelt Island, Statue Island.
Four heliports
Very high density scenery with hundreds of detailed buildings
Full FSX features using bump maps, advanced shading and reflections
Scheduled ship traffic (Staten Island Ferries)
Many special effects included (like sounds, smoke, birds)
Mission that lets you take a $199 helicopter tour of Manhattan
Professionally designed charts with all helicopter routes

Lots of pads on top of buildings as well, I have been told.
It's recommended you have a strong system to run it though.

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd480!0,5552220820,10813 (http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd480%210,5552220820,10813)

Most of Aerosoft's other city sceneries have heliports and pads included as well.

Bjoern
July 8th, 2010, 07:18
we have cookies!

Actually, we don't. Panther recently crashed into our cookie storage (again). :/

:d

strikehawk
July 8th, 2010, 17:26
What? but, but I wanted cookies, they said you had cookies!

Anyway, thanks for the replies, I hit HC and have my eye on Piglets H-6's as I have those in FS9 and the BO-105, always wanted an armed version ever since I saw a video of a flight of them low level flying down a European river.

I at least have my accounts at Alpha Sim and Area 51 for the FSX versions of the birds I already own in FS9.