PDA

View Full Version : Buck Rogers!

Daycab
July 7th, 2010, 14:44
I got a bunch of old model plans from the 40's a while back and this was in them, so I thought I would play with it a bit and see what I could make. It will probably never see release, but it was fun to make. You gotta love Art Deco space ships!

Lionheart
July 7th, 2010, 15:01
Now that is cool...

I remember seeing old B&W episodes of these shows when I was a kid, early in the morning. They always flew in tail dragger rockets, and they set in the nose, one seat, with just a tiny couple of port holes to see out of. Loved it, lol...

Have you thought of making ships from 'Last Exile'? I have drueled about making some of the vanships and capital ships. Started one Vanship, their own old beatup siver version.

Thanks for sharing. Great looking model.

Bill

peter12213
July 7th, 2010, 16:07
Lol, I like it, but with that talent for making aircraft we could have some serious German what if designs, now they were bonkers, well to be honest they were great but you know :kilroy:!!!

Dain Arns
July 7th, 2010, 17:40
I love it! :jump:

crashaz
July 7th, 2010, 18:01
LOL nice!

Javis
July 7th, 2010, 19:02
You gotta love Art Deco space ships!

Looks more like Art Garfunkel to me.. :jump:

Piglet
July 7th, 2010, 19:10
NASA goes Retro-Deco! Used to watch all those old Rogers and Gorden serials. And they would steer their spaceships with levers, like and old tank or dozer! Oh, and the sparkler stuffed up the SPFX ship model's butt.
That ship's nose makes me want to fly it to the nearest Hooter's...