PDA

View Full Version : A question about video card settings.....

Navy Chief
July 7th, 2010, 08:59
I just reinstalled FSX/Accell. on a new hard drive. The video card I am running is a MSI 260GTX.

As you can see from this screenshot, as an example, the lettering on the side of the aircraft is almost illegible.

Other than change the screen resolution for my monitor, I have not changed much of anything.

Is there a setting that will clear up the detail?

NC

SabreAce
July 7th, 2010, 09:16
Having not been able to run FSX for some time, I can only guess, but I'd suggest double-checking in the display options for a setting for mip-maps, and making sure it's at a higher setting. The only time I saw something like that in FS9 was when I'd somehow set the mipmap setting to its lowest, and promptly found my default Trimotor was a blurred grey thing sitting in the midst of a green blob which may have been ground. Bringing the setting back up fixed that issue, and all the textures were nice and crisp.

Lotus
July 7th, 2010, 09:35
Looks like the Global Texture Resolution slider isn't at maximum. It's on the first tab of graphics settings in FSX, to the right of where you set the FPS lock and resolution etc. Any plane with mipmaps will not display the highest res mip unless that setting is on very high.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

txnetcop
July 7th, 2010, 09:56
NavyChief are you using nHancer?

Navy Chief
July 7th, 2010, 10:22
Mike,

That did it! THANKS! I would have spent hours, tweaking settings in my card, trying to fix it. All it needed was to push that slider all the way up, and voila!

NC

Navy Chief
July 7th, 2010, 10:23
NavyChief are you using nHancer?

I have on prior FSX installs, but not this one yet. Does it make that big of a difference????

NC