PDA

View Full Version : 10 reasons why the PC is here to stay

stiz
July 7th, 2010, 04:19
intresting read with some very good points!

http://www.infoworld.com/d/hardware/10-reasons-why-the-pc-here-stay-889?page=0,0

Cratermaker
July 7th, 2010, 05:16
I disagree about the PC being here to stay. I have it on good authority from my dad (in 1986) that PCs are a passing fad, like CB radios. So there.

magoo
July 7th, 2010, 07:31
Where mobility and compact convenience are a criteria, little things will be developed to fill the bill. Where big is beautiful, size and capacity needed to meet a max, the desktop pc will be there for awhile yet. Perhaps desktops will change from a box with fans to something more sureal and integral within the household circuitry. The monitor will probably be the deciding factor on whether the system you're accessing is portable or desktop. (wall side.)

Then they'll refine the holo-type image display, and make it hand held, and monitors of all types will be obsolete. But that's for the "next generation."

Bjoern
July 7th, 2010, 08:09
Tell that to game developers, please.

I'm sick of all those half arsed console/PC hybrid games, I finally want a game that does the PCs power justice and doesn't feel like a slightly souped up PS3/Wii/360 one.

The PC is simply best for everything. It always has been and it always be.

stiz
July 7th, 2010, 08:29
play arma2 then bjoern, that'll tax your pc :running:

Bjoern
July 7th, 2010, 08:32
play arma2 then bjoern, that'll tax your pc :running:

It was on offer for 15€s a few days ago on Steam, but I didn't buy it...mostly since my friends didn't want to either. Would've been cool in multiplayer...

Played World In Conflict recently though. With max details, AA, AF and a big battle FPS were almost as bad as with FSX. :d

Kiwikat
July 7th, 2010, 09:27
Tell that to game developers, please.

I'm sick of all those half arsed console/PC hybrid games, I finally want a game that does the PCs power justice and doesn't feel like a slightly souped up PS3/Wii/360 one.

Ahem, like MW2? :173go1:

Bjoern
July 8th, 2010, 07:32
Ahem, like MW2? :173go1:

MW2 was an awful excuse for a shooter.