PDA

View Full Version : Family member leaves this world...

Lionheart
July 6th, 2010, 07:45
We had to put down our Sharpei today. Sheeba was 11 years old, a reddish haired bear looking dog that used to hop forwards and backwards with a zest for life like you cannot imagine. She was fine up until about 2 weeks ago. Her kidneys went south.

We gave her an extra few days and made her as comfortable as possible, but her condition had become pretty bad, so we had to let go. At least we got some good final time with her.

She will be sorely missed.

Rest well Mrs. Sheebawitz.

We had lost Cheng Lee, our other Sharpei, several months ago. I am hoping they will catch up with one another and do some playing. Sheebawitz and Cheng Cheng were a duo.

Navy Chief
July 6th, 2010, 07:53
I am SO sorry to hear that. The pain from such loss is bad...... Am thinking of you.

NC

TARPSBird
July 6th, 2010, 08:30
Our pets are like family. My condolences on your loss, Bill. :frown:

HouseHobbit
July 6th, 2010, 08:43
I am very Sorry to hear of your Loss..
God Bless you and your family..

jmig
July 6th, 2010, 09:47
My condolences, Bill. Pets can indeed become family.

cheezyflier
July 6th, 2010, 09:52
they just HAVE to be together somewhere, don't they? i just can't imagine there is no reward for all the love and devotion that comes from a dog. i just refuse. on the plus side as well, i'm sure when they get where they are going someone has smoothed out the wrinkles. :icon_lol:

OBIO
July 6th, 2010, 11:17
Bill

Sorry to hear of the loss of a dear family member. Never an easy thing to face.

I to believe that there is a heaven for dogs....maybe not for cats...but definitely one for dogs.

OBIO

Crusader
July 6th, 2010, 11:21
The phrase "Family member" says it all . I am truely sorry for your loss .

Rich

GT182
July 6th, 2010, 11:29
Sorry to hear that Bill. My condolences on your loss amd I can feel your pain. Know that she's in a better place where she'll never be sick or grow old, and wil have all the things she needs and craves. GRHS.

Our female Peek-a-poo is on her last leg too, 11 years old and struggling. She was a growth in the palm of my hand or on my arm when she was a puppy. Always has to be near or touching me, even at night in bed. She's the kid I never had.

Cazzie
July 6th, 2010, 12:00
Sorry to hear that Bill. Yes they do become family. You know how to deal with it, get a new puppy. We just got a new kitten (female) two weeks ago to replace the old female (18) I lost last year.

Caz

Daveroo
July 6th, 2010, 13:01
sorry to hear this Bill...it allwayshurts when we loose one of our loved ones..be it human or a furry buddy,,,,,

Cactuskid
July 6th, 2010, 13:11
Very sorry to hear of your loss Bill. I lost my Aimee almost a year ago, and still miss her terribly. No matter how many times we have to do the 'right thing', it never gets any easier... My condolences to you and your family...

Bone
July 6th, 2010, 13:43
It's very sad to lose a pet...RIP.

FAC257
July 6th, 2010, 13:47
Bill

So sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sitting here reading this with my new little one already asleep on my lap. Sheeba will be in our thoughts this evening.

FAC

dmaloof
July 6th, 2010, 13:52
Sorry to hear of this. It is hard. Iost my pet cat Mach at 9 yrs old from kidney disease back in october of 09. the vet could do nothing. I chose to let him die at home instread of the other option because he was still alert till the end. It was hard on me but you have to move forward eventually.

Ghostrider
July 6th, 2010, 13:59
Deepest condolences to you, Lionheart. They are all precious to us. Sounds like she had a wonderful life!

"The endings are never ever happy - it's the happy moments along the way, that in the end make it okay."
54F

hubbabubba
July 6th, 2010, 14:07
Our old Springer Spaniel, Shougaw, will join Sheeba in a short while, so I know the sorrow you're going through, Lionheart.

We had a Golden Retriever, Kuma, that died prematurely of an heart attack at the age of 7. I haven't watched the Christmas video in which he was filmed for the last time. This was twenty years ago.

My deepest condolences to you and all those feeling the pain of this loss.

huub vink
July 6th, 2010, 14:38
Sorry to hear that Bill, cherish the good memories, it will soften the pain.

Huub

Blackbird686
July 6th, 2010, 15:25
Sorry for the loss of your beloved friend, Bill. Animals are so much more than just animals... they are "other worlds"... beings that have feelings just like you and I. And when you share a bond with one of them, it is very special. As Huub said, remember the good times.

BB686:USA-flag:

Cloud9Gal
July 6th, 2010, 16:39
Bill~ I'm so sorry! http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Sad/flower-004.gif (http://freesmileyface.net)

olderndirt
July 6th, 2010, 17:35
Reading of another's pet loss always makes my heart skip a beat or two. Our Aussie, Jessie, is seven plus and I'm seventy two so it could be a photo finish. When our previous pup, a Border Collie named Duffy, stroked out at fifteen, I shed more than a few as, I suspect, have you.

Chacha
July 6th, 2010, 17:38
Rest In Peace, Sheebawitz!
:engel016:

cheezyflier
July 7th, 2010, 00:19
qUNJjIwlHk8

papab
July 7th, 2010, 07:50
Bill ,
Here is a poem of comfort for you writtem by an unknown author.

It is called the :"Rainbow Bridge"

<TABLE border=0 cellPadding=10 width="70%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2 align=left>All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Hope this helps ease the pain some

Rick

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lionheart
July 7th, 2010, 08:27
Thanks Rick.

Thats awesome.

I have seen their website as well.

Cheezy,

That poem about Beau is just danged cool. God bless Jimmy Stewart... and Beau

Cactuskid
July 7th, 2010, 10:49
Cheezy,

Thanks for posting that Jimmy Stewart poem. I remember my wife and I watched it on the Carson show, and we cried like babies, as we had just lost our Borzoi a few weeks before.

Those that do not share their lives with furry or featherd companions will never understand the heartbreak that we experience when they're gone... I like to believe that if I live my life as a good person, my reward will be that they'll all be waiting for us when we finally reach the Rainbow Bridge.

And the world is a lesser place without Jimmy Stewart in it...

cheezyflier
July 7th, 2010, 13:21
Cheezy,

Thanks for posting that Jimmy Stewart poem. I remember my wife and I watched it on the Carson show, and we cried like babies, as we had just lost our Borzoi a few weeks before.

Those that do not share their lives with furry or featherd companions will never understand the heartbreak that we experience when they're gone... I like to believe that if I live my life as a good person, my reward will be that they'll all be waiting for us when we finally reach the Rainbow Bridge.

And the world is a lesser place without Jimmy Stewart in it...

i am 100% in agreement

mrogers
July 7th, 2010, 13:38
So sorry Bill, about your much loved sharpei.... Pets do become part of the family and the attachment becomes so deep it's like losing a family member...I know the feeling.

pilottj
July 7th, 2010, 16:59
Very sorry to hear about your loss Bill. Animals are very much family. My wife and I do not have or plan on having childeren, but we do have animals and for us, they are our 'childeren' and loved and adored as if they were. To loose one is devistating. I hope you find peace and know that her memory will live on forever. :salute:

wbuchart
July 7th, 2010, 17:26
Bill, Sorry for your loss, I lost my golden last year had her from puppy through her 14th birthday, so I've been there too. It may sound silly to some, but I believe when my time is up she will be there at the gates to greet me.....which means I believe you will see yours again....... I know it's too soon to think of this now, but we stumbled across an abused, beaten, starved golden retreiver puppy (there is a special place in hell for those who do this to a puppy) a several months ago and it does help to adopt another after some time. And yes, this little demon dog has filled a big void and she has healed into a great puppy!

you may not get "over" this, but I promise you will get "through" this