PDA

View Full Version : Everybody gets the Blues!

Cazzie
November 16th, 2008, 15:53
And most everybody likes them, the Blue Angels, that is!

So having done an Old Navy motif for Piglet's Mooney Mite, I just had to do one in Blue Angels motif. Not that I'm not partial to any one branch of service, much. :d

I made a new shield and put silhouettes of Mooney Mites in place of the F/A-18s. The blue and yellow chosen came from scanning an actual chips of Pratt & Lambert Flight Blue and Wildcat Yellow, the paints used on the actual Blue Angels.

Caz

harleyman
November 16th, 2008, 15:59
....:applause::applause:

Just gotta love the little dude.....Nice paints.....:ernae:

doublecool
November 16th, 2008, 18:40
Cazzie I can not figure out what is happening with your paints on Piglet's little sweet heart I feel bad they look so bad yet your are beautious:kilroy::isadizzy::banghead::applause:

and your Champ paint looks perfect in fs9

Interesting the size of your paints 10.6MB all other paints I have which do show clear are 4MB would that be the ????

pointy31
November 16th, 2008, 19:02
DC, max out the global texture resoulution, in settings/graphics. See if that makes a difference.

doublecool
November 16th, 2008, 19:19
Now that Made a difference Pointy...Many Thanks :ernae: I never would have tried that

Take a lookee... :d I'm goin and gettin Cazzie's paints back where they belong

Cazzie
November 17th, 2008, 04:05
DC, my file size is larger because I saved them in 565 16-bit in lieu of Piglet's DXT5 format. The shield and all lettering are going to be jagged a bit due to the incredibly small Fonts and the overall size of each required. They look better in overall spot than in close-ups for sure, regardless of format or system. You can use the MS Image Tool or Martin's DXTBitmap to open the image and format it in DXT5 if you like.

As Pointy pointed out (no pun intended :d), you have done good in setting your Global texture resolution to High. Also, in the Custom Global setting (click Customize), make sure your airplane is in the Highest Quality, except do uncheck Aircraft makes shadows on itself, it's useless and looks bad.

Caz