PDA

View Full Version : Weird graphic anomally

strykerpsg
July 4th, 2010, 08:38
All,

Have not installed anything new, other then latest Nvidia driver for Windows 7. I noticed when I fly in FSX now, the center of my screen delays in syncing with the left and right side of the screen, which is annoying and sometimes confusing. Has anyone else expeirenced this with the latest drivers or is this a sign my video card is going bad? Thanks

Matt

PS, going to reinstall older drivers to see if this resolves anything.

IanP
July 4th, 2010, 08:47
I'm not seeing that with my GTX285, but I'm not sure if I'm running nVidia default drivers, or manufacturer drivers right now - I think manufacturer ones, but they should in theory have same version number as the nVidia ones....

...what version driver are you running?

Ian P.

strykerpsg
July 4th, 2010, 08:52
257.21, now reverted back to 196.21. I will try FSX and see if it's is back to normal. The drivers are for an GTX295, which should be the same as yours. I hope it's not the video card, though am certain it's under warranty still.

Matt

IanP
July 4th, 2010, 08:56
OK. I'm miles behind! The latest manufacturer ones I have are 197.45.

I'll grab the latest generics from nVidia and see if they work this time (the reason I was using the ones I was is that the latest nVidia drivers refused to download at the time - I seem to remember that they were newer than the manufacturer ones).

Edit: Nope. Still can't get them from nVidia - the site just constantly times out and says cannot connect. The latest drivers on the Palit website are still 197.45, so it looks like I'll be no help at all with this one, sorry. :(

Ian P.

strykerpsg
July 4th, 2010, 09:21
Ian, definitely the driver. I would stick with 196.21. I think they have added more 3D stuff, which seemed to tweak my display, not sure why but it did. 196.21 didn't have those same issues.

Matt

mal998
July 4th, 2010, 09:36
I'm running the 196.21s for my GTX 295 OC. The last time I tried to upgrade my drivers to the newer Nvidia approved drivers they looked awful and performance was degraded so I set them back to the 196.21s.

These seem to give a mix of good performance and good looking graphics. The AA on these drivers are also pretty responsive.

strykerpsg
July 4th, 2010, 10:45
Yeah, I agree the older driver works much better. I use Driver Doctor and they were advising me of a newer driver, sometimes good, other times not so good. I had lightning strike near my house last week, affecting randomly some various items. Luckily mostly AC power packs, but computer was plugged in, although via a Monster Cable power strip that is a beast. I just feared it might have hit my graphics card or processor, thankfully not.

Matt