PDA

View Full Version : My biggest sadness

peperez
July 3rd, 2010, 13:00
Since 2008 I'm waiting someone to correct this problem. I have the sources and I found no one to generate a correct CFS2 model neither someone that could SCASM it.

Cheers

Pepe

Hurricane91
July 3rd, 2010, 16:03
Hello Peperez, which sim was your F9/37 designed for?

peperez
July 4th, 2010, 12:23
Hello Peperez, which sim was your F9/37 designed for?

It's just a conversion from a magnific FS2004 model...

Hurricane91
July 4th, 2010, 16:16
It's just a conversion from a magnific FS2004 model...
The F9/37 is an interesting and rare aircraft. I have never seen this Gloster in any of the file libraries. Who made the original model? Perhaps the builder or one of the talented designers in the CSF2 forum can assist with the animation problem.
I understand that the F9/37 had delightful flying characteristics and could have been a formidable weapon.

Oglivie
July 6th, 2010, 14:09
Pepe,

Is the landing gear location bad only with the gear retracted, or also with gear extended? I'll PM you with my email addy if you would like to send it over to me. I do have scasm experience and can take a look at it to see if it is within my ability to repair it.

O

PS. After thought: Did you try to fix it with the MDLC fix animation option?

peperez
July 7th, 2010, 04:40
Pepe,
Is the landing gear location bad only with the gear retracted, or also with gear extended? I'll PM you with my email addy if you would like to send it over to me. I do have scasm experience and can take a look at it to see if it is within my ability to repair it.

It's only when retracted...

PS. After thought: Did you try to fix it with the MDLC fix animation option?

Yehp! With no results... Send me your EMail by PM. DVSlats is working on it, but, I thing, more people working on it could be better. We can exchange opinion about the problem. After we resolve it, I will ask to upload another fantastic Gloster what if... It's ready and working well.

Cheers

Pepe

Oglivie
July 7th, 2010, 13:17
Pepe, PM sent.

dvslats
July 7th, 2010, 17:57
Hi Pepe and Ogilvie,
This is what I have encountered and attempted so far.

The .mdl is in an Fs8 format.

I ran it through the conventional method with mk_mdlc, including fix animation, just like peperez, then took the CFS2 .mdl and made a .sca file from it.

One can see that the problem is in the gear compression animation. When watching the gear in CFS2, external view, the struts along with all the other gear parts seperate as the wheels are retracted. (rotation, pitch and heading)

MDLC assigns a new format to the translation and rotation tables. (after using mk_mdlc)

After seeing this in the .sca file with no edits by me...I tried re-compiling it to .bgl, Ok, then link mdd with bgl to mdl, Ok, but on compilation to an MD2, not Ok.
Bgl op code errors.

I have attached the log file.

To me at the moment...it seems like an adventure in quaternions.

I haven't ventured to archisoft's Q2T yet because I'm hoping to find an error in the present translation tables. No luck so far. The inability to get an MD2 has got me stumped. Op code errors I have never run into before.

Dave

Oglivie
July 8th, 2010, 13:07
Pepe and DV,

After analyzing the mdl, I find the same as DV has stated. And my abilities will not suffice to repair the mdl.

O

peperez
July 8th, 2010, 13:35
Pepe and DV,

After analyzing the mdl, I find the same as DV has stated. And my abilities will not suffice to repair the mdl.

O

Did you try to convert the model first using MDLC at the forced CFS2 module to correct the table after? This could be a new approach.

Oglivie
July 8th, 2010, 14:01
Pepe,

Give it a try and see if it will work...I am having too many problems with it.

O

peperez
July 8th, 2010, 20:25
Pepe,

Give it a try and see if it will work...I am having too many problems with it.

O

I have the sources, if someone could work them at FSDS...

Desert Rat
July 9th, 2010, 08:33
Hey Pepe,

sorry for your sadness, and me being the main cause of that, I had completely forgotten about this one, after losing my computer, thought I had lost it. Turns out I hadn't, if I remember I didn't get it working in CFS2, but will give it another go over the next week or so. Found the files and they load up fine, see attached.

That reminds me, did I ever finish the Hampden? Seem to remember doing Multi-res models for RAMI, was it finished?

Jamie12284122821228312285

apologies,
Jamie

Shessi
July 9th, 2010, 12:25
Jamie,
That's age y'know, only gets worse.................:confused:.................

Cheers......errrrmmmm??

peperez
July 9th, 2010, 15:02
...after I received the F9/37.

There's even a Naval version.

Cheers

Pepe

dvslats
July 9th, 2010, 16:58
Oh Well,
I have to throw in the towel on this one Pepe.

I've spent some hours on edits to the translation, rotation, and animate sections with no joy. Just will not compile. :banghead:

If I have read the sections at Caleb's website correctly, the suspect op codes can only be found in the settings of the original designers FSDS program. Without knowing them, it is almost impossible by guessing to ferret these out.

Sorry Pepe. I gave it my best shot.

Dave

peperez
July 10th, 2010, 06:30
Oh Well,
I have to throw in the towel on this one Pepe.

I've spent some hours on edits to the translation, rotation, and animate sections with no joy. Just will not compile. :banghead:

If I have read the sections at Caleb's website correctly, the suspect op codes can only be found in the settings of the original designers FSDS program. Without knowing them, it is almost impossible by guessing to ferret these out.

Sorry Pepe. I gave it my best shot.

Dave

Thank you for all efforts!

Cheers

Pepe

Desert Rat
July 10th, 2010, 11:43
Hi again,

the gear proplem is due to the fact that there is no keyframe 0 for the gear, first one is 20. This is not a problem in FS9 as it uses the lowest keyframe as reference, unfortunately CFS2 will read 20 and calculate where 0 wouldbe, hence the gear continues to rotate past the retracted position. An easy fix in FSDS, had it done, but BSOD put paid to that, will start again. The model compiles as it was in fine, but only the VC and shadow model shows in sim, the main modelis invisible, this is unrelated and another problem to ponder.

Jamie

PS. how many folks like working cowl flaps? Agood bitmore work, but could be done, they are not modelled presently.

Bill Kestell
July 10th, 2010, 13:21
I like working cowling flaps ...BUT ... since I'm not doing the work ... I gotta' be reasonable with what I request of others who do!

Nice stuff ... just NICE!

dvslats
July 10th, 2010, 16:36
The model compiles as it was in fine, but only the VC and shadow model shows in sim, the main modelis invisible, this is unrelated and another problem to ponder.
Hi JD,
A possible solution? Maybe?
Scroll down to The "DICT Section: Parameter Dictionary"
Then click on "Standard"
http://www.cfgse.calebflerk.com/MDL_File.htm

Dv

bearcat241
July 10th, 2010, 18:53
the gear proplem is due to the fact that there is no keyframe 0 for the gear, first one is 20. This is not a problem in FS9 as it uses the lowest keyframe as reference, unfortunately CFS2 will read 20 and calculate where 0 wouldbe, hence the gear continues to rotate past the retracted position...

Jamie, have you tried re-numbering the keyframes to a zero-based sequence in scasm format, beginning with changing 20 to 0 and numbering up from there?

Desert Rat
July 11th, 2010, 09:28
Jamie, have you tried re-numbering the keyframes to a zero-based sequence in scasm format, beginning with changing 20 to 0 and numbering up from there?

BC,

no I haven't, I think I'll stick with the FSDS sources and work from there. Been a loooooong time since I messed with SCASM, think I'll let it be even longer, lol. The start at 20 is there so the gear doors open far enough before the gear itself starts moving, renumbering to 0 may cause them to cross paths? Adding a 0 keyframe would be relatively simple, and if I can't get this beastie to compile from FSDS I may resort to this.

Good to hear from you my friend,
Jamie

Desert Rat
July 12th, 2010, 11:48
DV, are you saying this thing will not recompile from SCASM? As if so, neither will it compile from FSDS2.4 I removed the VC and shadow models, still no go, only after removing the entire interior of the main model did it recompile.

I think the problem lies in the model complexity, it has about 3 times the poly count that Ted Cooks Hampden has, that's after me adding ladders, guns, etc. None of the parts of the Reaper seemto have obvious problems that would cause this. So I'm plumping on the poly count. For example even the wings have 3 times more polys than the Hampden, may be more.

I also tried compiling an FS9 version from the sources, that didn't work. I'm presuming this was created in FSDS3 which uses the GMAX compiler which probably has a higher poly allowance. I don't have V3, nor do I plan to, It doesn't do CFS2 models anyways.

Prognosis at this stage, if it doesn't compile from SCASM or FSDS, were pretty much jiggered. Would require a complete rebuild from source, probably easier to build from scratch? Does anyone know the poly limit for CFS2/FSDS2? This model sits at about 45K, the Hampden at a smidge over 15K and the Master at about 8.5K

I'll puddle along and see how much I can do, not very hopeful though I have to say. Sorry Pepe.

Jamie

peperez
July 12th, 2010, 14:58
DV, are you saying this thing will not recompile from SCASM? As if so, neither will it compile from FSDS2.4 I removed the VC and shadow models, still no go, only after removing the entire interior of the main model did it recompile.

I think the problem lies in the model complexity, it has about 3 times the poly count that Ted Cooks Hampden has, that's after me adding ladders, guns, etc. None of the parts of the Reaper seemto have obvious problems that would cause this. So I'm plumping on the poly count. For example even the wings have 3 times more polys than the Hampden, may be more.

I also tried compiling an FS9 version from the sources, that didn't work. I'm presuming this was created in FSDS3 which uses the GMAX compiler which probably has a higher poly allowance. I don't have V3, nor do I plan to, It doesn't do CFS2 models anyways.

Prognosis at this stage, if it doesn't compile from SCASM or FSDS, were pretty much jiggered. Would require a complete rebuild from source, probably easier to build from scratch? Does anyone know the poly limit for CFS2/FSDS2? This model sits at about 45K, the Hampden at a smidge over 15K and the Master at about 8.5K

I'll puddle along and see how much I can do, not very hopeful though I have to say. Sorry Pepe.

Jamie

I have, also, a no VC version. Do you want to try that one?

Cheers

Pepe

dvslats
July 12th, 2010, 22:19
DV, are you saying this thing will not recompile from SCASM?
Jamie
That's correct JD. When I had the .mdl opened in SCASM, directly below the dict section, the "Set( LINBUF 8960 )" was increased to "Set( LINBUF 20000 )" .

It made it a bit farther in the compilation but still halted before completion.

Dave

Desert Rat
July 13th, 2010, 10:33
I have, also, a no VC version. Do you want to try that one?

Cheers

Pepe

I already removed the VC in the version I have, was meant to be temporarily as a test. I'll keep trying for you, I may be able to simplify some parts and remove some cockpit detail from the exterior model. If I can get that going, I'll start on putting the VC back. At the moment it's fingers crossed time. I'll do what I can.

Jamie

peperez
July 16th, 2010, 05:15
I already removed the VC in the version I have, was meant to be temporarily as a test. I'll keep trying for you, I may be able to simplify some parts and remove some cockpit detail from the exterior model. If I can get that going, I'll start on putting the VC back. At the moment it's fingers crossed time. I'll do what I can.

Jamie

Thank you a lot. No hurry! I'll ask the authorization to upload the Merlin Reaper...