PDA

View Full Version : In Development by Rob Richardson

RyDraiggoch
July 3rd, 2010, 05:01
Robs next "gift" for FSX -- presently being developed
the DH Sea Hornet - this one is a NF21 with the ASH "thimble nose" and observers position
although Rob says he is also modeling the Standard Sea Hornet and the RAF Hornet.

Your chance to fly the fastest production Fighter is coming soon!

Roger
July 3rd, 2010, 08:13
Thanks for the hu!

Bjoern
July 3rd, 2010, 10:27
Whoever designed that nose needs to get shot; the land-based version looks way better.

The maximum speed is quite attractive though...760 kph.

Anyways, good to see more freeware for FSX!

RyDraiggoch
July 9th, 2010, 06:34
Sorry to bump this back up, But I thought you Fishhead types might like to see the progress on Robs Hornet

Yes it has a funny nose, but the Stock single seater AND the Hornet will be along shortly.

Right now the NF21 is almost ready for Beta.

Keep an eye open at the Pond it will be along shortly

Leif

CheckSix
July 9th, 2010, 07:33
Darn I had forgotten about this aircraft, one of the more beautiful British designs. Many thanks!

Ian Warren
July 9th, 2010, 07:48
GO Rob , Looks 'Friggin' Brilliant .. :salute:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

peter12213
July 9th, 2010, 07:48
Gotta say I'm very happy with this news, I've always loved the Hornet, but whats happened to his supermarine attacker? I was looking forward to that!

RyDraiggoch
July 9th, 2010, 08:59
Gotta say I'm very happy with this news, I've always loved the Hornet, but whats happened to his supermarine attacker? I was looking forward to that!

The Attacker is presently in the hands of someone else - who is adding the RATOG and effects to the model. As soon as he finishes it , it will be released.....all these these models will feature as part of RNAS Stretton as well in the late fall.

Leif

peter12213
July 9th, 2010, 09:53
Great mate thanks for that I was worried me may never see it! :wavey:

Lionheart
July 9th, 2010, 10:32
Very nice looking bird!

I take it the nose cone is a ray-dome radar housing.

Love that canopy.

Bill

RyDraiggoch
July 9th, 2010, 10:40
Bill

I will pass that along to Rob, coming from you thats high praise
The NF21 Sea Hornet was fitted with ASH radar - hence the thimble nose and the Radar Operators
position added as an after thought behind the wing. The Stock Sea Hornet and the RAF Hornet
were far more graceful looking aircraft, Rob is planning on both standard nose versions....and someone well known here will be doing the paints for him.

Leif

crashaz
July 9th, 2010, 14:47
This baby is going to be used heavily in the RTW Race if the flight model is game.

Nice work!
:wavey:

peter12213
July 9th, 2010, 15:19
Personally the HF21 was always my favourite variant of the Hornet, the raf and other variants looked great too but that NF21 always caught my imagination as a boy there beauty even in ugliness lol!

RyDraiggoch
August 3rd, 2010, 12:23
Bumped again (please forgive the intrusion)

Rob has just handed the NF21 to the beta team.

It has (as usual) an incredible cockpit and the suggested sound is the Mustang merlin sound set for FSX (it duplicates the four bladed sound)

If the Gannet,Sea Venom and Vampire were anything to go by - this will be a very short beta period so it will be available soon at The Pond.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/dispatchdragon/hornet.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/dispatchdragon/SeaHornet.jpg

Cheers

Leif

bruce448
August 3rd, 2010, 12:30
The WAFU's and want to be Wafu's (and i'm not going to explain) are going to be happy bunnies when this is released. Pure sublime.

Bruce

noddy
August 3rd, 2010, 12:37
Looks fantastic.

skyhawka4m
August 3rd, 2010, 14:15
wow...very cool looking

Matt Wynn
August 3rd, 2010, 15:20
The WAFU's and want to be Wafu's (and i'm not going to explain) are going to be happy bunnies when this is released. Pure sublime.

Bruce

"wanna be 'Flippin' unique huh?" (i had to replace the F for 'Flippin' in here), looks good, can't wait! :ernae: