July 2nd, 2010, 18:14
And even better to see him win!

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!

Panther_99FS
July 2nd, 2010, 20:36
I gotta admit it was nice seeing Jr. win this one...:ernae:

Cazzie
July 3rd, 2010, 01:57
I kind of got teared up last night when he won in the #3 Wrangler, I think a lot of folks did.

Most of all, it's good to see Junior win one. He needs to get out of Hendrick and get his own team or go to RCR, Hendrick has always been an enemy camp for Ironhead fans.

Caz

EasyEd
July 3rd, 2010, 08:48
Hey All,

First It was really good to see Jr and that No 3 Wrangler car in victory lane! I think Daddy helped on that one.

I didn't see that race and so am very curious - were all the car bodies aero equal? That is always the argument when you go to different bodies. If they aren't aero equal we'll be back to the arguments that were going on 5 years ago.

The one thing we will never ever ever see again are factory cars with safety (roll bars, etc) added on the track in NASCARS top series (Nationwide or Sprint) ever again. The companies are too afraid of the risk of losing - they have got to have the deniability of blaming something else for their own deficiencies so as to protect their financial positions.

-Ed-

PS For me it was really especially good to see the name Wrangler in Victory lane as I've worn no other jeans for over 35 years - cowboy cut of course.

Cazzie
July 3rd, 2010, 11:59
Hey All,

I didn't see that race and so am very curious - were all the car bodies aero equal? That is always the argument when you go to different bodies. If they aren't aero equal we'll be back to the arguments that were going on 5 years ago.

-Ed-

They are Ed and look terrible, got the damn wings like the Cup cars had, need to go back to the spoiler. Challenger looks good from the front, but otherwise looks nothing like a Challenger, ditto the Mustang. And the new horsepower restrictions on the Toyotas, which were made to use more restrictive plate than the other makes, made the night dull for them. Kyle Busch would have walked under the old Nationwide format.

So the playing field has been leveled and other than Junior winning the race in a #3 car, it was just another boring restrictor plate, generic stock car race. You certainly didn't miss any racing. It'll be the same tonight, I'll be at the ball game and won't be able to shake the chicken, your 48 car should win. :icon_lol:

I hate restrictor plate racing and restrictor plate tracks. There will be a big one in the Cup race. Did anyone else notice how bad of a condition the Daytona track is in. That track is going to kill somebody if the France's don't repave it soon, real soon.

Caz

redriver6
July 3rd, 2010, 13:14
Hey All,

First It was really good to see Jr and that No 3 Wrangler car in victory lane! I think Daddy helped on that one.

The one thing we will never ever ever see again are factory cars with safety (roll bars, etc) added on the track in NASCARS top series (Nationwide or Sprint) ever again. The companies are too afraid of the risk of losing - they have got to have the deniability of blaming something else for their own deficiencies so as to protect their financial positions.

-Ed-

PS For me it was really especially good to see the name Wrangler in Victory lane as I've worn no other jeans for over 35 years - cowboy cut of course.

i don't know about the aero equal thing...i think the chey's have an advantage right now because the shape of the nose is probably a little more aerodynamic than the dodge or the ford...but i'm sure nascar will tweek the cars some.

they have a splitter on the nose but its built into the front clip and there are no cow catcher braces to trap dirt, grass and hot dog wrappers like on the cup cars....and there is no wing...its a spoiler...

i think it was a good race and the cars looked good.

Daveroo
July 3rd, 2010, 14:31
lets just see if jr has enough to win in cup again

Panther_99FS
July 3rd, 2010, 15:12
I like the Dodge but that Mustang is just atrocious!

stansdds
July 5th, 2010, 17:50
Damn, I went on a short vacation and missed it.