PDA

View Full Version : Look what I'm flying...

peperez
July 2nd, 2010, 13:18
One of my prefered planes! It's a Kazunori Ito work!

Cheers

Pepe

dvslats
July 2nd, 2010, 17:13
One of my prefered planes!
Looks interesting Pepe...but what is it? :ques: Mosquito?

Dave

tonybones2112
July 2nd, 2010, 19:24
Looks interesting Pepe...but what is it? :ques: Mosquito?

Dave

Dave, that's the Vickers Armstrongs Type 432 experimental high altitude fighter. If you go to flightsim.com, search in the text box for "Ito" and it will bring up Ito-san's aircraft, this one is on about the second page of his planes.

He just released the Italian Re-2001 fighter also along with the Me-321 and the Me-323 on the first page, and also the He-111 Zwilling for towing the Me gliders is at the bottom. I don't know if they do actually tow them in the sims, be cool if it did.

Tony Bones

Jagdflieger
July 3rd, 2010, 04:44
Ito is a very prolific maker of war planes for FS 9. Unfortunately, he does not allow his planes to be publicly modified for combat sims so we can not post or host any CFS 2 mods to the library here.

I believe there are quite a few texures for FS 9 though as well as numerous FS 9 flight model updates for his aircraft.

tonybones2112
July 4th, 2010, 03:37
Ito is a very prolific maker of war planes for FS 9. Unfortunately, he does not allow his planes to be publicly modified for combat sims so we can not post or host any CFS 2 mods to the library here.

I believe there are quite a few texures for FS 9 though as well as numerous FS 9 flight model updates for his aircraft.

All due respect to Mr. Ito, but for that reason I do not download or fly any of his aircraft in FS9. I think it's the ultimate in arrogance and stupidity for M$ to come out with a flightsim that does not support combat simulation, yet we can flip around the sky in a Stuka and not strafe anybody.

I fly Tom Wood's Staggerwing, the Bf-108, and Lionheart's scifi craft, and a few other scifi craft in FS9, and that's it. For conversions from FS2K2/2K4 for CFS2, I'll stick with AF Scrub and Mr. Lucariny's aircraft.

Bones

tonybones2112
July 4th, 2010, 03:40
One of my prefered planes! It's a Kazunori Ito work!

Cheers

Pepe

Pepe, if you ever get the urge to convert an available Yak-52 to CFS2, think of me. I'd like to have an early one with the tricycle landing gear, one fo the Soviet ones. It would make a good canvas for some of the skin makers to pop off 20 or 30 skins for it.

Bonesky

peperez
July 5th, 2010, 08:51
All due respect to Mr. Ito, but for that reason I do not download or fly any of his aircraft in FS9. I think it's the ultimate in arrogance and stupidity for M$ to come out with a flightsim that does not support combat simulation, yet we can flip around the sky in a Stuka and not strafe anybody.

I fly Tom Wood's Staggerwing, the Bf-108, and Lionheart's scifi craft, and a few other scifi craft in FS9, and that's it. For conversions from FS2K2/2K4 for CFS2, I'll stick with AF Scrub and Mr. Lucariny's aircraft.

Bones

We must respect all peacefull feelings. He likes the form, not the function. He is in his rights. For us is regretfull, cause many of his planes are first class and unique. You must act according your consciense.

From your friend

Pepe

PS: By the way, you never give me a feed back about the little gem I sent to you... Do it deserves an upload?

peperez
July 5th, 2010, 08:56
Pepe, if you ever get the urge to convert an available Yak-52 to CFS2, think of me. I'd like to have an early one with the tricycle landing gear, one fo the Soviet ones. It would make a good canvas for some of the skin makers to pop off 20 or 30 skins for it.

Bonesky

I'll look for it...

tonybones2112
July 5th, 2010, 20:04
We must respect all peacefull feelings. He likes the form, not the function. He is in his rights. For us is regretfull, cause many of his planes are first class and unique. You must act according your consciense.

From your friend

Pepe

PS: By the way, you never give me a feed back about the little gem I sent to you... Do it deserves an upload?

Pepe, it's not a major issue, I have a strong military background along with my family experiences also. I found out not long before my Dad died that he helped design the Sperry bombsight used in WW2. I don;t take a necessarily benign view of pacifism, and I hope Ito-san would understand my view also.

Your Little Gem flies and performs like a dream. Pardon my tardiness in reporting to you, but please, by all means upload it. Thank you:jump:

Bones

tonybones2112
July 5th, 2010, 20:16
I'll look for it...

Thank you again! This one also flies great, and everything about it is great. I fly 2D cockpit anyway, no problem with VC. That's a project for down the road, maybe.

This latest gift completes my favorite "non-combat/civilian" collection for CFS2 now, I call them the Big Three: The Beech D17 Staggerwing, the Bf/Me-108, and now this one. It's one aircraft sadly lacking from CFS2. I hope you upload it for the newbies to CFS2. I love the original textures, and if anyone else flies it down the road, I'll offer this hint: Be sparing with the brakes, it has a tendency to tip nose-down with over-application of the brakes.

Spacebo tovarisch, za Rodina!

Bonesky

Talon
July 7th, 2010, 17:21

Bones

Tony,

FS9 was not designed for combat because some people don't want to fly combat simulators. If memory serves me correctly MS had no combat planes in it's original form. Now like most MS flight sims it's open so people can make planes of their choice. Is it MS fault people wanted to make combat planes for it.

BTW FS9 & FSX are very popular and maybe more so than the Combat Flight Sims. It's not Arrogance or Stupidity on MS part. It's smart Business because as of now they are the PC sim money makers.

Now for Arrogance I'm going to leave that one alone.

Talon

Shessi
July 8th, 2010, 06:23
Tony,

FS9 was not designed for combat because some people don't want to fly combat simulators. If memory serves me correctly MS had no combat planes in it's original form. Now like most MS flight sims it's open so people can make planes of their choice. Is it MS fault people wanted to make combat planes for it.

BTW FS9 & FSX are very popular and maybe more so than the Combat Flight Sims. It's not Arrogance or Stupidity on MS part. It's smart Business because as of now they are the PC sim money makers.

Now for Arrogance I'm going to leave that one alone.

Talon

..........;)