PDA

View Full Version : Chief's surgery went well.....

Navy Chief
July 2nd, 2010, 12:50
I took Chief for his surgery this morning, up in Knoxville. The vet said he had a large pocket of infection in his hip area. She removed the plate from his left hip, and the one from his left knee. Also put in a temporary drain. For the first time in Chief's life, I will probably have to use a plastic collar on him, because I need to make sure he doesn't pull out that drain. But he is ok, and I am so relieved. He should be back to his normal playful self in a few days.

NC

Willy
July 2nd, 2010, 14:48
Glad to hear he's doing well.

I sure don't like it when one of my furry kids isn't well. Especially the one that weighs 1100 lbs.

txnetcop
July 2nd, 2010, 15:14
He is quite a dog! You have much to be proud of. Glad he's gonna be back to his old self soon!

Bone
July 2nd, 2010, 16:09
Poor kid.

paiken
July 2nd, 2010, 16:30
Get well soon Chief!

mrogers
July 2nd, 2010, 16:32
Poor old Chief! All those operations he has had to endure. Give him a warm rub on his back from me!

Daveroo
July 2nd, 2010, 16:35
good to hear chief is doig well.

my haley is in BIG trouble tonight,were at my folks for the nationwide race,i gave her a treat,food ofcourse,and she climbed up on the couch and puked...my mother smacked ME.

gigabyte
July 2nd, 2010, 17:10
Glad to "hear" this, Chief is one fine lookin pup, he has that contented look in his eyes, you can just tell that even though he might be in pain he is happy and appreciates his Tall 2 legged friend. Chief is one lucky puppy!

Navy Chief
July 2nd, 2010, 17:14
The big boy is still sleeping. The sedative they gave him really knocked him out. But sooner or later, his bladder is going to wake him up, and then things will get interesting! At 130 pounds, he isn't so easy to manage then!

Thanks for all your kind notes.

NC

cheezyflier
July 2nd, 2010, 18:26
SEDAGIVE?

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes5/youngfrank6.jpeg

luckydog
July 2nd, 2010, 22:14
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

sky pilot
July 2nd, 2010, 22:29
I took Chief for his surgery this morning, up in Knoxville. The vet said he had a large pocket of infection in his hip area. She removed the plate from his left hip, and the one from his left knee. Also put in a temporary drain. For the first time in Chief's life, I will probably have to use a plastic collar on him, because I need to make sure he doesn't pull out that drain. But he is ok, and I am so relieved. He should be back to his normal playful self in a few days.

NC

GLAD to hear that !
I know what it is like to have a sick pet as I have a cat that takes care of me by reminding me when it is time for me to take my meds. somehow she knows when 4 hours pass and will drive me nuts intill I get up and take them !
Anyway everybody thought I was nuts for spending 1200.00 at the vets. to keep her well when she got sick !, sky pilot:jump:

Astoroth
July 3rd, 2010, 02:14
Glad to hear things went well, hope Chief is up and around soon!

Glad to hear he's doing well.

I sure don't like it when one of my furry kids isn't well. Especially the one that weighs 1100 lbs.

Hold the phone! Did you just say you have a furry kid that weighs 1100 pounds??? Please, elucidate, clarify, explain that, man! This I gotta hear....