PDA

View Full Version : OT: Why SOH is special to me

chicken2690
July 2nd, 2010, 09:42
I have been a daily visitor to SOH for probably four years. I findgood suggestions for addons, solutions for sim problems, valuable tweaks for better performance, interesting information about aviation, and much more. Although I don't post often, I do peruse Newshawks, FSX and FS9 each day.

But another reason is the friendly and caring thought and prayers I find in Newshawks for those of us facing life's challenges. About a year ago Harleyman started a thread asking for prayers for the wife, fighting lung cancer, of a member(me). She passed away on December 29th eight days after her 58th birthday. I thank you from my heart for your support.

Probably vanity on my part but I have finally added an avatar which shows her on our thirtieth anniversary three years ago when we renewed our wedding vows.

Don

Snuffy
July 2nd, 2010, 09:44
Yep, SOH is special, and so are the people that come here.

Sorry to hear of your wife's passing and petition for your strength and endurance.

Good to have you as part of the family Don.

Lionheart
July 2nd, 2010, 09:51
Hey Don,

I remember praying for her. May she rest in peace. Thats a great shot of her.

SOH is a family, that is for sure.

Bill

jmig
July 2nd, 2010, 11:58
I see nothing vain in honoring your wife with her picture, Don. I see it as a tribute and honor to her life and love.

I too am sorry for your lost. Welcome to the active part of SOH. We are happy and proud to have you with us.

Navy Chief
July 2nd, 2010, 12:54
I say it is wonderful that you would celebrate your marriage with that wonderful picture! Sorry to hear of your loss. Thanks for sharing....

NC

Quicksand
July 2nd, 2010, 18:38
All I can do is echo what has already been said, Don. We're glad you're here...:salute::wavey:

cheezyflier
July 2nd, 2010, 18:40
All I can do is echo what has already been said, Don. We're glad you're here...:salute::wavey:

and me too

Chacha
July 2nd, 2010, 19:59
Don,

Me and my house prayed for her....
You were so blessed with a very beautiful bride....
Those memories of her is really a treasure....

God bless you, Don!
:engel016: