PDA

View Full Version : Emma Fieldīs european sister...?

grunau_baby
July 2nd, 2010, 04:09
Just released from Aerosoft.
http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd,,D11213

Looks nice as a virtual home, however personally I prefer real world locations depicted in the sim, so...perhaps...I canīt resist!

Regards
Alex

txnetcop
July 2nd, 2010, 04:14
That is absolutely gorgeous...cash strapped right now but one day this will be part of the collection! Thanks for the H/U!
ted

grunau_baby
July 2nd, 2010, 04:24
I also think this could be a real gem!

My weekend will only start tomorrow afternoon, might not be able to hold back on it then...too tempting! And the position is great for some seriously-fun Alps-flying!

Alex

vora
July 2nd, 2010, 05:37
What a nice experiment! FS and RP. And just 20 miles from my RL airfield (EDMK)... I think I will see the Forggensee in a new perspective when I fly over it next time in RL :d :d

I think I will auction for a plot... :wiggle:

glennc
July 2nd, 2010, 05:58
Vora,

Thanks for the geographical reference. I think I need a European base for all my aircraft with European registrations. I enjoy flying into a new scenery package for the first time from someplace outside it.

Glenn

grunau_baby
July 2nd, 2010, 06:29
Glenn,

since the location is close to the Alps, if this region is new to you you should think of also installing Holger Sandmannīs Alps-Mesh. It was freeware for FS9 and looks splendid in FSX, too.

Alex

vora
July 2nd, 2010, 06:52
You're welcome, Glenn

Concerning the geographical location I can tell you why Aerosoft chose this area: big concentration of their payware scenery.

It lies square on "VFR Germany 3", a 5 minutes hop to the south gets you in the realm of "Austria Professional X" and 10 minutes to the southwest you are in "Switzerland Professional X". Cessna flight time, mind you.
The nearest hubs are "Approaching Innsbruck X" and soon to be released "Mega Airport Munich" and "EDDS Stuttgart 2010".
The small airfields are to be covered by the "Small Airfields Switzerland" series and the (hopefully) soon to be released "German Airfields 11".
If you are a serious patriarch with a big wallet you can leave a fortune on just a 1/2 hours flight around Andras Field :kilroy:

...of course it can also be because it's a wonderful area to fly in ;)

Anyways, I think I'm in... I like innovative concepts. And I can submit my own house and hangar.:jump:

CodyValkyrie
July 2nd, 2010, 07:28
I think Aerosoft is onto something. European Emma Field is exactly what I thought. I really like the concept, and it gives me a base of operations for the other side of the Atlantic that fits the birds I would like to fly in this area.

I'm downloading as I speak and am thoroughly looking forward to trying this scenery out.

Right now I'm as happy as a clam. Between the Orbx releases and now this? What else could I want?

Francois
July 2nd, 2010, 09:47
Between the Orbx releases and now this? What else could I want?

The REAL Emma Field !:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mathijs and I had talks about Andras' fantasy and ours in Washington. When Bill gets it ready one day we'll very likely have some sort of co-op between the two titles and fields.... especially now that we are also going to use Aerosoft to market at least some of our products ;-)

grunau_baby
July 2nd, 2010, 11:17
Francois,

that would be a truly great couple of homebases! I am really curious what further goodies this "open source airfield" concept and especially a linked coexsistence with Emma Field will lead to.

Alex

glennc
July 2nd, 2010, 12:42
Thanks guys. :salute: My wallet will lose a little weight. Of course, I know Germany is a frequent host for FS scenery, thanks to Aerosoft if not others. I just beginning to explore Andras. Since I plan to spend some time there, maybe another package is needed.

Glenn

Scratch
July 2nd, 2010, 13:09
I think this is the European airport I have been waiting for! It has just about everything except a beer machine.

CodyValkyrie
July 2nd, 2010, 14:41
I was always a fan of Emma field Francois :)

I purchased every Geo Render back in the day too. Oh, I miss those days. Bill Lyons planes, a hop from Orcas to Emma.... Soon I will be able to do it again!

grunau_baby
July 2nd, 2010, 23:17
Since I plan to spend some time there, maybe another package is needed.
Price is a bit steep and it development reaches back to FS9 (BUT itīs a full FSX Pack!!!), but it covers germany completely! With lots auf custom objects, great lanclass and glider/ultralight/helicopter airfields. Wouldnīt want to miss it.
http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd480!60,5547943080,10393

Alex

PS: I Will have to wait to jump in (Andras Field), a thorough defrag of my untidy system caused severe trouble with some software, including FSX off course. Will need to do a repair run and some major addon reinstalls before I can ever fly again, if it works out at all!!! Hopefully it works, a complete reinstall would take weeks! I hate it!:banghead:

CheckSix
July 3rd, 2010, 00:52
FSX meets Second Life???

vora
July 3rd, 2010, 12:20
FSX meets Second Life???

In A way, yes.

"Player Housing" plays an important role in MMORPGs (massive multiplayer online roleplaying games) concerning game immersion and socializing.

IMHO transferring this concept to FS is simply brilliant... and I really fall for it (be it MMORPG or FS). I start my Oz flights with a saved flight that puts me in Hama's BMW in front of an "adopted" house in OrbX's Hervey Bay. It's close to the marina. From there I make a 2 minutes drive to the airport through amazing scenery. The way from the airport entrance to the apron I cover with "Bob" and then I switch to my plane. So, I'm already roleplaying in FS all the time. Thus Andras Field is a must-have for me. Especially since it's 50 km from my RL home and 20 km from the airfield I fly from IRL (EDMK).

IMHO the dawning of this new level of high quality scenery just cries for this concept.