PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought BP couldn't do any thing more stupid, They may have...

Allen
July 2nd, 2010, 02:17
:frown:http://www.fastcompany.com/1665971/is-bp-literally-trying-to-cover-up-oil-damage-on-louisiana-beaches:frown:

Prowler1111
July 2nd, 2010, 06:19
Message from BPīs top executives:

We donīt give a :censored:!...we are a :censored: oil company..

Prowler

Bjoern
July 2nd, 2010, 07:40
They should give Cristo a call, he'd cover the beaches in nice silk lining instead of plain sand.

wombat666
July 2nd, 2010, 08:12
"fastcompany.com"....................... not a great source of accurate information.
:173go1:

Toastmaker
July 2nd, 2010, 08:29
I found the site and video you linked to to be full of innuendo, supposition (in one direction only) and guesswork (in one direction only).

Then I looked into who exactly this site was - and found that most people would not credit this site or it's funcionaries with accuracy if they predicted the sun comming up tomorrow morning. . .

Nice try.

Or poor try - depends on how you look at it. . .

:running:

Bjoern
July 2nd, 2010, 08:57
I found the site and video you linked to to be full of innuendo, supposition (in one direction only) and guesswork (in one direction only).

Then I looked into who exactly this site was - and found that most people would not credit this site or it's funcionaries with accuracy if they predicted the sun comming up tomorrow morning. . .

Nice try.

Or poor try - depends on how you look at it. . .

:running:

That's a generation conflict then. I think it's nice and modern break from the other standard, visually overloaded newssites.

And the "What every guy needs: Smart balls" had me laughing. :icon_lol:

Kiwikat
July 2nd, 2010, 08:58
We donīt give a :censored:!...we are a :censored: oil company..

Couldn't have said it better myself! :naturesm:

jmig
July 2nd, 2010, 09:30
Quote from article. "But Wayne Keller, the Executive Director of the Grand Isle Port Commission, doesn't know anything about it. "I'm not aware of that being done anywhere on Grand Isle," he tells FastCompany.com. I know we're trucking in sand to build berms to keep oil out of the estuary, but that's it." "

Maybe FastCompany and its believers should listen to the man who LIVES on the Island and not some reporter want-a-be who is out for sensationalism.

What not everybody knows is that the federal government is involved, to insure WE are protected. Not much is being done without voluminous paperwork, which must equal the weight of the oil to be removed, and the signature of 437 bureaucratic minions (yes I am exaggerating) before the work is approved. Two of the results of this is delay and frustration by locals.

Allen
July 2nd, 2010, 13:28
I know that the enterwebz is not always a great source of accurate information as said, This is why I put "They may have..." and not "They did..."