PDA

View Full Version : 'Well, I Guess Mel Gibson's Career Is Over Now...'

Panther_99FS
July 1st, 2010, 21:07
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/cruel_report_gibson_unleashed_racist_w8MeooMvofDLG kqXJs5AdJ

crashaz
July 1st, 2010, 21:17
A man's stupidity knows no bounds at times.

Never been one to understand those men who could direct that kind of anger towards women. Been known to have gotten into some scuffles when done in my presence.

Get a rope.... if not to hang him... to lasso him down and stuff his mouth with a dirty sock.

NoNewMessages
July 1st, 2010, 21:20
About the only thing that could salvage Mel's career in Hollywood is if he married...
Whoopi Goldberg...:jawdrop:

SpitXIV
July 1st, 2010, 21:25
Those outbursts of his sure aren't going to help his career, or get him dates.:sniper:

dominique
July 2nd, 2010, 00:18
About the only thing that could salvage Mel's career in Hollywood is if he married...
Whoopi Goldberg...:jawdrop:

:icon_lol:

Cazzie
July 2nd, 2010, 01:29
Though I have no doubt Mel was highly under the influence and that was an off-the-cuff "tryin' to be humorous" remark, I'd say yeah, being he is in the public eye and has to watch his mouth, his career is pretty much banded him a supremest.

So speaking back at him, and no offense to you Catholics, I was born one, let him eat fish!

Caz

cheezyflier
July 2nd, 2010, 06:09
many celebrities, being incredibly talented are deficient in other areas of their self, whether it be personality, humanity, intelligence, scruples, etc. let's face it, if they weren't narcissists, they wouldn't be film stars in the first place.

Prowler1111
July 2nd, 2010, 06:14
While i donīt condone violence(domestic, familiar, against women or kids) there is a fine line here between real issues and privacy.There are quite some people (and i include myself) who use a very loud mouth when addressing issues, but letīs not forget the fact, she met him like that, and she came between a marriage to get him.What i see there is purely lawyer BS in order to get a fat check from a divorce, under the threat of destroying an already decaying career.
In my opinion, she is as low as him, using this kind of tapes.I bet she is also have a rotten language, maybe on his level, the problem with this kind of "evidence" is that it always show just one side of the story.After putting this recording on the table, she can say whatever she wants (including that he "raped" her, or had sex without her consent..)that all the fingers will be pointing towards Mel.

Mel, get back to the waste lands...get Aunty...youīll fit there better, mate.

Now i will duck under my desk..

Best regards

Prowler

Bjoern
July 2nd, 2010, 07:50
Comment on the article:

this is news?
most white people use racist remarks to get their points across (when no oneīs looking).

So...yep.

crashaz
July 2nd, 2010, 07:54
I think something in him snapped... mental issue or something..... or it could be that alcohol.

In any case.... a damn shame.... but he deserves all of the negative press he has coming to him.

Eoraptor1
July 2nd, 2010, 10:53
While i donīt condone violence(domestic, familiar, against women or kids) there is a fine line here between real issues and privacy.There are quite some people (and i include myself) who use a very loud mouth when addressing issues, but letīs not forget the fact, she met him like that, and she came between a marriage to get him.What i see there is purely lawyer BS in order to get a fat check from a divorce, under the threat of destroying an already decaying career.
In my opinion, she is as low as him, using this kind of tapes.I bet she is also have a rotten language, maybe on his level, the problem with this kind of "evidence" is that it always show just one side of the story.After putting this recording on the table, she can say whatever she wants (including that he "raped" her, or had sex without her consent..)that all the fingers will be pointing towards Mel.

Mel, get back to the waste lands...get Aunty...youīll fit there better, mate.

Now i will duck under my desk..

Best regards

Prowler

You tape things in a harassment complaint, otherwise, it gets thrown out as being hearsay, and people can go back to pretending these things aren't in the world. Other than that, I don't know those two people, and won't pretend to be a material witness when I wasn't, or that I was one of their intimates when I wasn't. One thing I can speak to with sad authority is the behavior of end-phase alcoholics. This is the kind of s--t they do. I've seen it many many times.

JAMES

hey_moe
July 2nd, 2010, 11:10
What a dick! to have a life like what he has and to act like a a-hole he only deserves what he gets. :barf::173go1:

Navy Chief
July 2nd, 2010, 13:02
People have been trying to bring Mel down, ever since he produced "The Passion of the Christ".

Somehow I don't think his career is over. Not good press, but I don't believe it's the end. Just my opinion.

NC

Willy
July 2nd, 2010, 14:41
JMHO, but he's acting like what AA calls a "dry drunk". He might not be drinking, but he's still acting like he is.

KOM.Nausicaa
July 2nd, 2010, 14:43
Mel Gibson's words of wisdom and Christian love:
"You look like a f***g pig in heat, and if you get raped by a pack of
n******, it will be your fault."

Ah and then there was the anti semitism some years back also....

Way to go, Mr.Gibson.

cheezyflier
July 2nd, 2010, 18:39
People have been trying to bring Mel down, ever since he produced "The Passion of the Christ".

for those that know their bible, they know that the passion of Christ in not scriptural. there was much in that movie that was never in the bible. i have a very low opinion of that movie and i suspect his real motives for making it.

Mel Gibson's words of wisdom and Christian love:

don't paint us with the same brush you paint him. he's not a christian.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Gibson#Religious_and_political_views

KOM.Nausicaa
July 3rd, 2010, 03:02
don't paint us with the same brush you paint him. he's not a christian.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Gibson#Religious_and_political_views

Far from me to paint every christian alike. Was just some tongue in cheek sarcasm, cheezyflier.

extrudinator
July 3rd, 2010, 03:49
A word describing Mr. Gibson. He can't escape his origins. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocker)

cheezyflier
July 3rd, 2010, 05:57
you know though, all the other stuff aside, we should all (as a people) require more from our celebrities. NFL and NBA stars act like thugs/gangsters. music and movie stars are all messed up with substance abuse problems, scandals, etc. why do we fawn over these people who would be otherwise branded as losers? we hand them the world on a silver platter. what we get back is a platter covered in....excrement.

rhumbaflappy
July 3rd, 2010, 06:15
Of course it's not just alcohol that may contribute to Mel's lack of self control. He's done some of his own stunts for years, and that could have caused some permanent damage to his brain... or disease may have taken it's toll.

I know a few souls that have brain damage, and a few with Alzheimer's or stroke issues. You wouldn't believe what comes out of their mouths... or believe these nice people even have such disturbing or horrible thoughts. For these unfortunates, odd, fleeting thoughts become verbalized before the speaker is aware of the content. It's almost the same as Tourette's Syndrome. And put under a bit of stress, the condition intensifies. In that his outbursts seem so inappropriate and oddly extreme, I suspect there is a physical problem, not necessarily a moral problem.

It is a shock when icons of our world fall so short of our expectations... but we all miss the mark at times. Fortunately, the news media keeps us aware of these important events. ;)

Dick

Cazzie
July 3rd, 2010, 11:48
Of course it's not just alcohol that may contribute to Mel's lack of self control. He's done some of his own stunts for years, and that could have caused some permanent damage to his brain... or disease may have taken it's toll.

I know a few souls that have brain damage, and a few with Alzheimer's or stroke issues. You wouldn't believe what comes out of their mouths... or believe these nice people even have such disturbing or horrible thoughts. For these unfortunates, odd, fleeting thoughts become verbalized before the speaker is aware of the content. It's almost the same as Tourette's Syndrome. And put under a bit of stress, the condition intensifies. In that his outbursts seem so inappropriate and oddly extreme, I suspect there is a physical problem, not necessarily a moral problem.

It is a shock when icons of our world fall so short of our expectations... but we all miss the mark at times. Fortunately, the news media keeps us aware of these important events. ;)

Dick

More truth to that than you and I care to say Dick. I am sure glad I am not a celebrity and the press never caught some of the vitriol that has flown from my lips at times, in particular toward people of high positions of government or authority. And I have under and above my breath uttered some of the most profane epitaphs toward the stupid, fat, and slothful than I'd ever care to admit.

Caz

cheezyflier
July 3rd, 2010, 14:30
your right, we all have done those things. however, we are not paid big bucks to display ourselves to the public. we ARE the public. we should have higher standards for our celebs (i think)

Snuffy
July 3rd, 2010, 14:45
your right, we all have done those things. however, we are not paid big bucks to display ourselves to the public. we ARE the public. we should have higher standards for our celebs (i think)

Being the bible reader you claim to be Cheezy, you know its not going to happen. For the Celebutards or anyone for that matter.

Its far easier to sink in to depravity than it is to remain morally clean and upstanding. Mankind has been sinking from its beginings.

cheezyflier
July 3rd, 2010, 19:37
you'll get no argument from me on that one. but a man can dream, eh? hahahaha

Dain Arns
July 3rd, 2010, 21:55
Well, his career is probably not over yet.
There's always the SYFY channel or USA Network .... :icon_twi: :icon_lol: