PDA

View Full Version : The Fourth Freedoms

Helldiver
July 1st, 2010, 05:07
We're about to celebrate the Fourth of July where we earned our freedom from an English oppressive rule.

But in checking our freedoms. I think their slowly being eroded.

Like I haven't the freedom to go down town on the 4th and find a bunch of stores that I could buy as much fireworks that my five bucks could afford. Nor the freedom of watching the Independence Day Bonfire. At one time we had one in my town that was 220 feet high, all hand constructed without the use of cranes.

In my car I don't have the freedom of driving without being strapped down like a hog. Even though I been driving with out safety belt for 60 years. Nor the freedom of changing my spark plugs or the carburetor. Once, I changed a starter on my 1940 Ford while my wife waited in the car. It took me six minutes.

I'm not a smoker but I think I should be free to smoke where ever I please. At least in the Bars where you could enjoy a butt with your beer.

We're no longer free to sweep up our leaves in the fall and enjoy he sweet smell of them burning. Certain words your not free to say. We are no longer able to put out our trash, No, now we have the freedom of selecting the cans from the bottles, the cardboard from the paper and I don't know where the garbage goes.

I miss the freedom of picking up the phone and hearing a operator ask,"Number please". I'd say. " Salem 0702" which was my Grandmothers house. No I have to remember 12 digits even ii I'm calling the next door neighbor.

Why is it I push one for English, I still can't understand the person on the other end?

The US Constitution is written in English. The Bill of Rights is also written in English. The National language is officially English. If you don't want to speak English, please feel free to return to the country you came from.

I wonder how come we are no longer free to walk into an airport, buy a ticket and board and airplane. What is this search of your property and being? This stuff should be done before you even get to the airport. After all we have the CIA, FBI, NSA, the State Police and the local Police to stop these losers, these terrorists. Checking innocent people at the airport is too little, too late.

Snave
July 1st, 2010, 06:29
We're about to celebrate the Fourth of July where we earned our freedom from an English oppressive rule.

But in checking our freedoms. I think their slowly being eroded.

Like I haven't the freedom to go down town on the 4th and find a bunch of stores that I could buy as much fireworks that my five bucks could afford. Nor the freedom of watching the Independence Day Bonfire. At one time we had one in my town that was 220 feet high, all hand constructed without the use of cranes.

In my car I don't have the freedom of driving without being strapped down like a hog. Even though I been driving with out safety belt for 60 years. Nor the freedom of changing my spark plugs or the carburetor. Once, I changed a starter on my 1940 Ford while my wife waited in the car. It took me six minutes.

I'm not a smoker but I think I should be free to smoke where ever I please. At least in the Bars where you could enjoy a butt with your beer.

We're no longer free to sweep up our leaves in the fall and enjoy he sweet smell of them burning. Certain words your not free to say. We are no longer able to put out our trash, No, now we have the freedom of selecting the cans from the bottles, the cardboard from the paper and I don't know where the garbage goes.

I miss the freedom of picking up the phone and hearing a operator ask,"Number please". I'd say. " Salem 0702" which was my Grandmothers house. No I have to remember 12 digits even ii I'm calling the next door neighbor.

Why is it I push one for English, I still can't understand the person on the other end?

The US Constitution is written in English. The Bill of Rights is also written in English. The National language is officially English. If you don't want to speak English, please feel free to return to the country you came from.

I wonder how come we are no longer free to walk into an airport, buy a ticket and board and airplane. What is this search of your property and being? This stuff should be done before you even get to the airport. After all we have the CIA, FBI, NSA, the State Police and the local Police to stop these losers, these terrorists. Checking innocent people at the airport is too little, too late.

I'm sure the local Islamic Fundamentalists on Jihad miss being able to buy the fireworks too.

But then again, the nurses and doctors who DON'T have to treat an idiot who won't wear a seatbelt will be enjoying their little bit if extra freedom on that day, as will the firemen and women who aren't cutting a mutilated corpse out of a wrecked auto.

I totally agree with you about smoking. Just as I'm sure you agree with my freedom to enjoy cleaner air free of the undignified, smelly, nasty secondary smoking `habit` I've had foisted on me, not through any choice of mine (I'm a non-smoker, too!). Damn this incongruous thing called `logic`!

And don't get me started on English. Given that you accept it as the mother tongue, and the Fourth of July clearly accepts that England -and English - pre-dates anything `American` by several hundred years, I have to wonder why you still can't speak my language, before you complain about someone not speaking yours. It's ALUMINIUM, PANTS go under your trousers and you put car stuff in the BOOT...

Two nations, divided by a common language. Sooner you all speak Spanish, the better...

But I do agree with you on your last point:
Why is `protecting freedom` about restricting the freedom of the innocent? And how come with all these agencies and all their mnemonics, the individuals are penalised, while the masses continue to fear..? If they can't prevent terrorism, surely their existence is unnecessary at best, or at worst merely the Few imposing their will on the Masses through controlled dissemination of disinformation - or `terrorism` as it's sometimes called...

These and many other questions, we are no longer free to ask... along with the awkward one: What does this have to do with FSX..? :salute:

Cees Donker
July 1st, 2010, 06:38
These and many other questions, we are no longer free to ask... along with the awkward one: What does this have to do with FSX..? :salute:

Nothing.......

Cees

Thoe6969
July 1st, 2010, 06:42
I'm sure the local Islamic Fundamentalists on Jihad miss being able to buy the fireworks too.

But then again, the nurses and doctors who DON'T have to treat an idiot who won't wear a seatbelt will be enjoying their little bit if extra freedom on that day, as will the firemen and women who aren't cutting a mutilated corpse out of a wrecked auto.

I totally agree with you about smoking. Just as I'm sure you agree with my freedom to enjoy cleaner air free of the undignified, smelly, nasty secondary smoking `habit` I've had foisted on me, not through any choice of mine (I'm a non-smoker, too!). Damn this incongruous thing called `logic`!

And don't get me started on English. Given that you accept it as the mother tongue, and the Fourth of July clearly accepts that England -and English - pre-dates anything `American` by several hundred years, I have to wonder why you still can't speak my language, before you complain about someone not speaking yours. It's ALUMINIUM, PANTS go under your trousers and you put car stuff in the BOOT...

Two nations, divided by a common language. Sooner you all speak Spanish, the better...

But I do agree with you on your last point:
Why is `protecting freedom` about restricting the freedom of the innocent? And how come with all these agencies and all their mnemonics, the individuals are penalised, while the masses continue to fear..? If they can't prevent terrorism, surely their existence is unnecessary at best, or at worst merely the Few imposing their will on the Masses through controlled dissemination of disinformation - or `terrorism` as it's sometimes called...

These and many other questions, we are no longer free to ask... along with the awkward one: What does this have to do with FSX..? :salute: Sure glad you live over there and not here,and I for one will never speak spanish.