PDA

View Full Version : PNW.002 patch for NA BLUE Pacific Northwest is now available!

JayKae
June 29th, 2010, 17:13
June 30th, 2010.

Orbx is pleased to announce the release of the PNW.002 patch which addresses many customer reported issues and adds hundreds of new improvements and features including revisions to KSEA, KBFI, KKLS, KPDX, CYYJ and over 30 other airports, fixes missing shorelines, trenches, autogen, flattens, water bodies, and other anomalies, adds military vehicles and personnel at Fort Lewis Military Reserve (South of KTCM), adds Mt Hood Timberline Lodge and ski areas and Mt Saint Helens visitors centers to name but a few. The patch also includes autogen optimization for several urban and forest classes to improve performance and adds vegetation coverage on photoreal Mt Hood, Image Lake, and Lyman Lakes. The PNW.002 patch is now available for immediate free download from http://fullterrain.com/support.html#pnw (http://fullterrain.com/support.html#pnw)

IMPORTANT!!!

You must set FTX Central to 'North America' before installing this patch. This avoids getting FTX Central errors for the new 3W5 and KSEA elevation adjustments we've added to the patch<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

doublecool
June 29th, 2010, 20:01
Thanks for the heads up...

but the installer needs to be fixed...does not load to Orbx in FSX and now FX Central cant find FSX

DaveKDEN
June 29th, 2010, 20:25
Installer worked fine for me. I particularly like Timberline Lodge and the Magic Mile ski lift, as well as the Johnston Ridge Observatory.

JayKae
June 29th, 2010, 20:53
You might have a registry issue:

http://fullterrain.com/support.html#registry

robcap
June 29th, 2010, 21:44
Got it, installed it, but unfortunately off to work now, so no exploring yet.

Thanks Jay and the Orbx team

Cheers, Rob

Cazzie
June 30th, 2010, 02:27
June 30th, 2010.

Orbx is pleased to announce the release of the PNW.002 patch which addresses many customer reported issues and adds hundreds of new improvements and features including revisions to KSEA, KBFI, KKLS, KPDX, CYYJ and over 30 other airports, fixes missing shorelines, trenches, autogen, flattens, water bodies, and other anomalies, adds military vehicles and personnel at Fort Lewis Military Reserve (South of KTCM), adds Mt Hood Timberline Lodge and ski areas and Mt Saint Helens visitors centers to name but a few. The patch also includes autogen optimization for several urban and forest classes to improve performance and adds vegetation coverage on photoreal Mt Hood, Image Lake, and Lyman Lakes. The PNW.002 patch is now available for immediate free download from http://fullterrain.com/support.html#pnw (http://fullterrain.com/support.html#pnw)

IMPORTANT!!!

You must set FTX Central to 'North America' before installing this patch. This avoids getting FTX Central errors for the new 3W5 and KSEA elevation adjustments we've added to the patch<o:p></o:p>

Oops. now you tell me!

I got the update last night and I thought all FTX had to be unchecked to install any new scenery? WTF. I unstalled all and still have FTX, but now it seems I may be fubared because FTX NA was no checked.

Okay, what is the solution for people who jump the gun?

Caz

kdl
June 30th, 2010, 02:38
Hmmmh,

and where is the pdf-file? (...please refer to the PDF included in the ZIP file)
Greetings
Dieter

Rimshot
June 30th, 2010, 02:39
Check this thread if you forgot to set FTX Central to North America prior to installing the patch. John offers a solution:

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=23791.0

doublecool
June 30th, 2010, 03:42
Ran registry tool...
FTX Central still can't find FX in a new folder on my desktop
If I start FSX and try FTX central it tells me I can;t run it with FSX running
and I did have AU North America checked

JoeW
June 30th, 2010, 04:08
I plan on getting PNW Friday. Will the download have the update already?

strykerpsg
June 30th, 2010, 04:16
I love the fact that they've included Fort Lewis and it's impact areas, with explosions and moving military vehicles. Now, if they would move the B-52 from Gray Army Airfield........

Matt

Dain Arns
June 30th, 2010, 04:50
Installer worked fine for me. I particularly like Timberline Lodge and the Magic Mile ski lift, as well as the Johnston Ridge Observatory.

Yes. Nice job.
I was kinda disappointed they were left out, initially.
Glad to see they are back in place. ;) :applause:

JayKae
June 30th, 2010, 05:03
Try switching from pnw to default and back WITHOUT fsx running that's how it's designed to work :-)

txnetcop
June 30th, 2010, 08:06
JaeKay thank you I love this patch...heck I loved it before it was patched! Thank you BIG!!!!!!!
Ted

NWarty
June 30th, 2010, 11:10
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out why there's two BUFF's on GAAF???? I would have really liked to have seen at least some static C-17 aircraft at McChord.

The artillery impacting is cool and I spotted a couple GP Medium tents and HMMWV's just south of Salinas DZ. Would be cool to have some static structures to show Leschi Town too.

Roger
June 30th, 2010, 11:26
I switched to PNW in the FTX Central controller before installing the patch and got this error message?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/PNWissue.jpg

Roger
June 30th, 2010, 13:11
Oh b****y h*** now I can't load PNW at all!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/PNWissue-1.jpg

wiltzei
June 30th, 2010, 13:13
Oh b****y h*** now I can't load PNW at all!!
There´s a similar thread at OrbX forums. http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=23794.0

Roger
June 30th, 2010, 13:26
There´s a similar thread at OrbX forums. http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=23794.0

Thanks,
Just posted there too. Having read this thread earier today, I made sure I had turned PNW on before the patch was installed but still the same error as customers who hadn't.

koorby
June 30th, 2010, 17:00
This is pretty easy to resolve. In fact, I've made a small .exe to fix those elevation files and make them all switched on. If I can find your post on our forums I'll hook you up with the patch ok?

strykerpsg
June 30th, 2010, 17:16
John,

How do you find the exploding artillery on Fort Lewis? Also, didn't find any military vehicles, am I doing something wrong?

Matt

kdl
July 1st, 2010, 00:27
Download the pdf file, which is available now:
- http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=23870.0
and you'll find this:
"Military vehicles and personell at Fort Lewis Military Reserve (south of KTCM and at KZ10) including shell blast effects at the artillery range N47°0.93' W122°35.90' every day between 11AM and noon"

Greetings
Dieter

Roger
July 1st, 2010, 04:13
This is pretty easy to resolve. In fact, I've made a small .exe to fix those elevation files and make them all switched on. If I can find your post on our forums I'll hook you up with the patch ok?

Thanks John, the thread is here... http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=23794.0

strykerpsg
July 1st, 2010, 06:18
Download the pdf file, which is available now:
- http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=23870.0
and you'll find this:
"Military vehicles and personell at Fort Lewis Military Reserve (south of KTCM and at KZ10) including shell blast effects at the artillery range N47°0.93' W122°35.90' every day between 11AM and noon"

Greetings
Dieter
Thanks Dieter, just glossed over that fact because I was too elated to have movement represented in our backyard, including things going boom!

Matt

NWarty
July 1st, 2010, 10:02
Stryker,
Yep, just set the sim to "day" and you'll see it. Roughly the size of a 155 going off with a flash and dust cloud. Pretty neat stuff. There are at least two HMMWV's and an old-style 5-ton (Not a FMTV) on Salinas DZ with a TOC set-up just across the hardball from them, right where you'd split off of the "Y" in the road to go to OP's 8 & 9.

Call me picky, but I wish there was a way to get rid of the Orbx static gray Blackhawks and B-52's and replace them with 47's, 58's and OD green 60's.

strykerpsg
July 1st, 2010, 10:51
Stryker,
Yep, just set the sim to "day" and you'll see it. Roughly the size of a 155 going off with a flash and dust cloud. Pretty neat stuff. There are at least two HMMWV's and an old-style 5-ton (Not a FMTV) on Salinas DZ with a TOC set-up just across the hardball from them, right where you'd split off of the "Y" in the road to go to OP's 8 & 9.

Call me picky, but I wish there was a way to get rid of the Orbx static gray Blackhawks and B-52's and replace them with 47's, 58's and OD green 60's.

LOL, you too have seen the B52 sitting on Gray AAF then? The biggest birds to fly into GAAF are just C-17s and they are impressive when they grace our presence. Since purchasing Helitraffic 2009 from Flight1, it provides the option to add much more heli traffic from GAAF then was present before. It also allows you to scour your available copters within your flyable and AI databases.

Matt

NWarty
July 1st, 2010, 11:03
LOL, you too have seen the B52 sitting on Gray AAF then? The biggest birds to fly into GAAF are just C-17s and they are impressive when they grace our presence. Since purchasing Helitraffic 2009 from Flight1, it provides the option to add much more heli traffic from GAAF then was present before. It also allows you to scour your available copters within your flyable and AI databases.

Matt

Matt,
This patch is really strange since it's not accurate at all for aircraft at JBLM. Seems like they took the six B-52's in the original .bgl and cut them down to just two and moved them to where 66th AV is currently stationed in real life. Weird and I still don't understand why they're there as there hasn't been a B-52 stationed in Washington State since the 1990's (Fairchild AFB in Spokane).

If they wanted to do it correctly, you'd have Chinooks, Blackhawks and a C-12 on the north end of the field (66th Aviation, WAARNG), Kiowa's for the CAV squadron on the east side, and Chinooks/Blackhawks for the Medevac units near the tower. Possibly another C-12 and Citation for the I Corps Staff.

Cool to know about the helo traffic. Maybe I'll hop on over to the Orbx forums to see if they can help me with an exclude file.

Heck, I wouldn't mind a bit if Orbx asked me for some help since I'm a stones throw away and a military member.

strykerpsg
July 1st, 2010, 12:44
Task Force 160 is also a permanent party unit on GAAF now too. They have a plethora of MH47's, MH60's and the occasional MH/AH6 Little Birds, not to mention lots of MC-130's and the occasional AC-130, but no B52's. It's just too short of a field for them.

doublecool
July 1st, 2010, 15:56
The patch has totally made FTX unusable. I can't even get a clean install know I must have done something bad :kilroy:

Clean install wants to load on my decktop in a "new folder" and it creates just that

koorby
July 1st, 2010, 17:12
The patch has totally made FTX unusable. I can't even get a clean install know I must have done something bad :kilroy:

Clean install wants to load on my decktop in a "new folder" and it creates just that

I've answered your support query on our forums and offered a suggestion. The issues you're having are totally unrelated to PNW or the patch, but rather something has gone amiss with your FSX registry entry.

doublecool
July 2nd, 2010, 03:20
Well done!

Thank you

Roger
July 2nd, 2010, 11:27
Seen no solution yet in the ORBX thread I posted in. Is there a solution?

doublecool
July 2nd, 2010, 12:52
I removed PNW as per Orbx Forum
I used the "Registry Utility for FSX" from the Orbx forum Site Pointed to me by "koorby" and it fixed the registry issue I was having

I reloaded PNW,,, once it loads it opens FX Central Check North America...start fx,,,close fx and then run update 002

That is what I did
Took about 30 mins

also the free ware and the two payware airports worked fine...so far

Hope this helps

Roger
July 2nd, 2010, 12:56
I removed PNW as per Orbx Forum
I used the "Registry Utility for FSX" from the Orbx forum Site Pointed to me by "koorby" and it fixed the registry issue I was having

I reloaded PNW,,, once it loads it opens FX Central Check North America...start fx,,,close fx and then run update 002

That is what I did
Took about 30 mins

also the free ware and the two payware airports worked fine...so far

Hope this helps

I didn't have the same problem as my registry is fine. It's the error messages I get during loading the patch that are my issues.

Roger
July 2nd, 2010, 14:06
Well I backed up and deleted all the offending .off and .bgl files and now Darrington looks like this...with some really interesting mini-cliffs...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/Darringtonafterpatch.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/Darringtonafterpatch-2.jpg

Roger
July 2nd, 2010, 14:29
Frankly this is poor service. I am definately not amused!

koorby
July 2nd, 2010, 16:19
Frankly this is poor service. I am definately not amused!

Roger, you did not log a seperate support post on our forums for this issue. I've actually created a small patch .exe which will fix your problem, and I see that you 'tagged' your issue onto Ray's original problem report which was marked [RESOLVED] on our forums as per our usual MO when an OP's issue is resolved.

If you bury a support issue into someone else's thread, then yes, expect us to perhaps overlook it. I will now go back to our forums and provide the solution to you.

In future, may I request the following simple courtesy:

- You post a seperate issue pertaining to your specific problem on our support forums as the OP
- You don't post here on SOH and other forums bashing Orbx for lousy service. That's not kosher :(

Frankly I am the one who has the right to feel disappointed that you're airing dirty laundry at SOH when we provide world-class service on our own product support forums. You surely cannot expect us to trawl through all the FS forums trying to resolve FTX product issues when they are reported there?

Roger
July 3rd, 2010, 03:37
John,
I find your forums confusing and you do visit here regularly. This thread here at the SOH was started by Jaykae and as such is a ORBX thread, is it not?
I have had this issue since patch release date and in this thread you said you would help and I gave you a shortcut to the thread I'd posted in. You didn't respond.
So I attampted to solve the issue myself resulting in a total wreak of Darrington which is my favorite place to visit in PNW, hence I was not amused.
I have never slated your product which is excellent, just the handling of issues.
Lastly you clearly don't understand the first rule of salesmanship and by slagging me off I would bet you've done far more damage to ORBX than I had in my comment.

Now if we need to continue this conversation I suggest we go to pms and I would strongly suggest that this thread is closed.

stovall
July 3rd, 2010, 05:59
John, I had the same problem as Roger but followed your procedure of removing PNW and doing the reinstall. I have to go with Roger here. When a guy can no longer fly in his favorite place and help is delayed from misunderstandings, one gets frustrated.

My suggestion is this, handle the problem with PM and email to get the situation resolved. The personal touch goes a long way to making things right.

Jon over at VRS and the Super Bug has the ability to take care of people and problems like I have not seen for years. His personal touch solves many problems caused by the diversity of these darn machines.

Hope Roger gets things cleared up and for what it is worth, your products John are outstanding.

koorby
July 3rd, 2010, 15:34
Roger's problem has been resolved, as have most issues logged by our customers on our forums. We provide what I believe to be the best support in the industry on our support forums. I also don't mind helping people out via PMs and email, even though that's not our usual support path.

What I get irate about is people posting about "bad service" on other forums when they have not yet taken advantage of our support infrastructure on our official support forums. To me, that's harming our reputation before giving us the chance to resolve their issues.

Also, we all live in different timezones, and sometimes an answer can take 12 hours or more. Compare that to many other vendors where support questions can be completely unanswered for days or weeks, or in some case, never.

So please cut us a bit of slack here folks. We have an official channel, so use it.