PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Stewart's poem about his dog, "Beau"

Navy Chief
June 29th, 2010, 12:21
I saw this years ago, but watching it today got me teary-eyed. Am sure Jimmy had a relationship with his dog "Beau", as I do my "Chief". If you can, watch this video to the end.

qUNJjIwlHk8

NC

txnetcop
June 29th, 2010, 14:55
Thanks for sharing that NavyChief. Jimmy was one of kind!!! There will never be another like him!
Ted

Jagdflieger
June 29th, 2010, 15:18
Will Rogers once quipped: "If dogs don't go to Heaven, then I want to go where the dogs go."

If you want to watch a great Twilight Zone episode on the subject, see if you can stream or download "The Hunt."

Man, they just don't make 'em like Brigadier General (Ret) Jimmy Stewart anymore. What a gentleman and warrior.

OBIO
June 29th, 2010, 15:29
Yep, my eyeballs leaked watching that too. I think anyone who had a dog that was a dear part of their lives, who was more than a pet...more like a son or daughter in many ways...will not be able to watch that clip without shedding some tears.

Deb and I were just laying across the bed, enjoying the nice cool breeze coming in through the bedroom window, and our three 4-legged children were in the room with us. Brutus and Hazel, our doggies, were on the bed with us...snuggled up against us. Auggie, our kitty, was up in the window sill, soaking up the sun.

OBIO