PDA

View Full Version : Cachya (Great trackIR alternative) help..

jackedwardmorris95
June 29th, 2010, 12:16
Hi all,
Cachya is a great trackIR alternative, that uses a webcam to track your head movements accurately. I was about to go ahead and buy it when I read that the company had gone bust.. and people had been spending the $14.95 and getting no registration key.
Is this true? If so, would anyone be willing to give me a key, or does anyone know of any "special" files that would allow me to get the correct registration info or skip it all together.

*Please note!* I am no crook and if it is still up and running I would be willing to purchase!

Jack

Lewis-A2A
June 29th, 2010, 12:18
Hello, if you want an alternative there are free versions of the webcam style interface.

I believe its called freeLook and a google shoudl come up with the details.

jackedwardmorris95
June 29th, 2010, 12:21
Hello, if you want an alternative there are free versions of the webcam style interface.

I believe its called freeLook and a google shoudl come up with the details.

I tried it but I'm guessing its not Freelook watches.. Could you possibly link me up please?
Thanks,

Jack

jackedwardmorris95
June 29th, 2010, 12:25
Hey Lewis!
I just noticed your location, Up until June 3rd I lived near Bungay, Suffolk, and a few years before Henstead, Suffolk. Do you know where I mean?

Jack

bushpilot
June 29th, 2010, 12:41
Another alternative to consider is FreeTrack: http://www.free-track.net/english/

Software is free, but you have to build the "hardware" yourself. Parts for it cost about 10 euros. But you can also get it cheaper if you use regular leds and not infrared-leds:salute:.

jackedwardmorris95
June 29th, 2010, 12:43
Another alternative to consider is FreeTrack: http://www.free-track.net/english/

Software is free, but you have to build the "hardware" yourself. Parts for it cost about 10 euros. But you can also get it cheaper if you use regular leds and not infrared-leds:salute:.y

Thats the problem, I have no LED's handy. Cachya works with a bit of paper! I just want to unlock it!

Jack

Lewis-A2A
June 29th, 2010, 12:57
Hello,

Yes I know Bungay quite well, I moved to suffolk with the now ex and lived in Halesworth for just over a year.

In fact I'm over due for another visit to Flixton. Love that place.

DaveKDEN
June 29th, 2010, 13:12
Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone thought about using MS' new kinect device for FSX head tracking. Seems like binocular cam technology could eliminate the need to wear anything on your head.

jackedwardmorris95
June 29th, 2010, 13:31
Hello,

Yes I know Bungay quite well, I moved to suffolk with the now ex and lived in Halesworth for just over a year.

In fact I'm over due for another visit to Flixton. Love that place.

Me too! I understand that they run a flight simulator or something there on saturdays. You might want to ask Alan (The manager) about it,

Jack

Lewis-A2A
June 29th, 2010, 13:38
ohhh really.

Ill have to try and pop over this Saturday.

guzler
June 30th, 2010, 00:36
y

Thats the problem, I have no LED's handy. Cachya works with a bit of paper! I just want to unlock it!

Jack

Maplins are great for LED's

bushpilot
June 30th, 2010, 03:20
y

Thats the problem, I have no LED's handy.
Jack

I bought little flashlight that contained three leds (I think it cost 4 euros), and modified my head device from that. Works greathttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon10.gif.

Gizmo
June 30th, 2010, 09:56
y

Jack

I got about 90 IR LED's left from a bulk order i did on Ebay,it worked out cheaper to buy 100 IR led's + Resistors and get them shipped from china than it did to buy 3 of each from my local maplins)As your UK based feel free to fire me a PM with your addy and i'll drop 6 of each (IR led's and 75ohm resistors) in the post for you free of charge after all i built my 3 point Head set and there just sitting in a box gathering dust BTW if your going to give Freetrack a go id recommend getting a Wii mote + bluetooth usb adaptor (make sure you use the BlueSoleil stack default windows stack doesnt work) for 120fps zero cpu usage tracking Laters Gizmo

jackedwardmorris95
June 30th, 2010, 13:20
I got about 90 IR LED's left from a bulk order i did on Ebay,it worked out cheaper to buy 100 IR led's + Resistors and get them shipped from china than it did to buy 3 of each from my local maplins)As your UK based feel free to fire me a PM with your addy and i'll drop 6 of each (IR led's and 75ohm resistors) in the post for you free of charge after all i built my 3 point Head set and there just sitting in a box gathering dust BTW if your going to give Freetrack a go id recommend getting a Wii mote + bluetooth usb adaptor (make sure you use the BlueSoleil stack default windows stack doesnt work) for 120fps zero cpu usage tracking Laters Gizmo

Sorry mate I'm not UK based any more...

Gizmo
June 30th, 2010, 14:38
Sorry mate I'm not UK based any more...

Doh sorry i was it a bit of a rush while posting i should have read instead of skimming :( NP ive checked since and postage to Dubai from the UK is still only a £1 via royalmail letter rate so my offer still stands to mail you some LED's just PM me if your interested :) Laters Gizmo