PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Murray's T.25 unveiled.

Ferry_vO
June 28th, 2010, 13:22
Today Gordon Murray showed his T.25 and T.27 concept to the public for the first time. Mr. murray is a well-known car designer, responsible for championship winning cars at Brabham and McLaren and of course the mcLaren F1 roadcar.

The T.25 (And the electrical T.27 version) is a study for a high tech city car, IMHO a 21st century version of the classic German post-war Messerschmitts, Isetta's and Goggomobiles.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110062827066/gordon-murrays-t25-official-photos-released---first-public

Gordon will not build this car himself, but hopes to sell the concept to a car (Or maybe bike?) manufacturer.

:)

lefty
June 28th, 2010, 13:37
Doesn't look all that different from a Smart to me......

kilo delta
June 28th, 2010, 13:54
I'd drive it.......

.....but first they'll have to fit a turbo'd Hayabusa engine into it! :d

Ferry_vO
June 28th, 2010, 14:17
Doesn't look all that different from a Smart to me......

Knowing Mr. Murray's reputation this will not fall over in the first corner like the original Smart did... ;)

It should be lighter than the Smart, drive better, seat one person more, be more efficient to produce and have much better fuel econimy (74 mpg-imp (3.83 L/100km)).

Other features in this image: http://www.worldcarfans.com/110062827066/gordon-murrays-t25-official-photos-released---first-public/highphotos#7

Will it be a success? Depends on who will manufacture it and how much they will sell it for!

Wing_Z
June 28th, 2010, 14:48
iCentre...LOL
Gordon has put into practice what Amory Lovins has preached for many years:
http://www.rmi.org/rmi/Library/T04-01_HypercarsHydrogenAutomotiveTransition

In an increasingly oil-starved world, maybe this one will fly.
I'd like the electric errand-runner version.

wombat666
June 28th, 2010, 23:27
Given the man's design record this will do all the right things.
:ernae:

Snave
June 29th, 2010, 03:06
Given the man's design record this will do all the right things.
:ernae:

While it deals with several issues of modern personal transportation, the concept of being stuck in a six-feet shorter traffic jam in a wagon capable of 74mpg but actually doing 0mpg whilst stationary still doesn't appeal, no matter whose name is stuck on the back.

The whole concept is a success from a simple design point of view (although the height-to-length proportions revisit the slight awkwardness of the Smart) but it attests to the fundamental flaw in the car manufacturer argument. Their `solution` to too many cars on the road is to build more cars. Smaller cars, but more nonetheless.

Lionheart
June 29th, 2010, 06:37
Looks like a fun car to drive.

Thanks for the heads up.

Gordan is an amazing engineer. His F1 is an incredible feat of engineering. I remember seeing a news footage of Princess Diane getting a ride in that car around the track in England.

Mini cars are catching on. They are fun, like motorcycles. They handle quick and are inexpensive to operate. They make great hanger cars in far off locations.

Anyone see that movie 'A Good Year' with Russel Crowe? He had a Smart car in it.

lefty
June 29th, 2010, 07:54
My mate's wife has a Smart. Sub-mini cars are great in town, on long, straight (US-type) roads at 60mph, they are a noisy, wind-prone pain in the b**t.

I certainly wouldn't drive over a high bridge in one when there's any kind of sidewind blowin' !

Bjoern
June 29th, 2010, 12:28
Fugly.

.....but first they'll have to fit a turbo'd Hayabusa engine into it! :d

CdJ84nho3_k

But you don't need a micro car for that. Poor transmission...

3Xdks-j3yt0

sounds like a mosquito on meth

Wing_Z
June 29th, 2010, 13:07
I can't click on the video clips and make them run.
IS this SOH or Flash Player?