PDA

View Full Version : HiFi FSX Tomahawk vs Do 27

bstolle
June 27th, 2010, 23:24
Sorry for the inconvenience caused for all the guys who have voted in the previous poll.
The reactions, PMs and e-mails did surprise me very much.
I believe it's the best course of action to do a final poll concerning these two.
Please keep in mind that I can do specific test flights for FSX with the Tomahawk, something which will be close to impossible for the Do.
Just as a reminder;
It will be a plain FREEWARE plane with a very high quality external model, VC and sound.
No special gauges, custom GPS or Accusim like features
Of course it will have super realistic FDEs!!!

Dimus
June 27th, 2010, 23:29
I voted for the Robin in the other thread as I had the pleasure of flying one a few years back but if you're not doing it I'd prefer the Tomahawk. Much more chances of being able to compare with a real one.

Thanks for what you're doing for us.

vora
June 27th, 2010, 23:34
Voted for the Robin as well... oh well.
Do-27 then since there is already an FSX Tomahawk in existence.

euroastar350
June 27th, 2010, 23:53
Traumahawk for me:jump:

CG_1976
June 27th, 2010, 23:58
Ive always wondered what a Do-27 in FSx would fly like, but I also love the Tomahawk. Either one will be excellent. Thank you:salute:.

flyingip
June 28th, 2010, 02:29
If not the Robin I'll vote for Tomahawk too

kilo delta
June 28th, 2010, 02:53
As voted in the earlier thread...Tomahawk for me. :)

In all fairness,though....build what YOU want to build :ernae:. After all it is freeware and it will be graciously accepted amongst the flight sim community no matter what you decide to build.:salute:

PS. Can I suggest a Socata Rallye MS880/883 ????? ;) :d

peter12213
June 28th, 2010, 03:20
Tomahawk here too, we already have the Do27x by Aerosoft!

bstolle
June 28th, 2010, 04:19
@kilo delta
Thanx for your way of seeing it :)
If I would have a clear preference I wouldn't have started even the first poll (although my slight personal preference would have been the Robin).
Well, we'll see. I just found out that there are only 3 Tomahawks registered in Austria.
So if they break / ground etc... the one from my old flying club (this one is already more than 30 years old!) there are only 2 left from private owners I don't even know.
Getting into a Robin is way easier here.
Interestingly the Do would have been my first choice but it's a long time ago that I flew it and I didn't think that anyone would be interested in a Do 27 without all the bells and whistles the Aerosoft version has!
I did consider the Rallye, especially the Guerrier would have been welcomed here I think ;)

@pete12213

There's a nice FSX Tomahawk available from Justflight as well.
The only plane not available is the Robin. The one being built by Aerosoft is a much lower powered little used version.
I was really surprised about the outcome of the initial poll.
The Aerosoft Do has IMHO a less than perfect external model and a rather strange flight model to put it mildy. Don't have the Tomahawk but it seems to be very good apart from the fs9 gauges used.

vora
June 28th, 2010, 04:39
I was really surprised about the outcome of the initial poll.
TBH it doesn't surprise me... this is a US-heavy forum and the Robin and Katana are mostly unknown on US airfields. A Piper or Cessna will always win here. ;)

BTW the Digital Aviation Do 27 distributed by Aerosoft is AFAIK not SP2 compatible and DA are pretty much out of business, please correct me if I'm wrong...

Concerning the Dauphin: the early stage of development and past experience tell me that it is at least a year from release :rolleyes:

Edit: the poll result leans towards the Do? Now *that* surprises me. Bushpilot bonus?

peter12213
June 28th, 2010, 05:00
I have the just flight tomahawk and we need a new one, the just flight one was good for its time but isn't really up to SP2/Accel standards were now seeing, a for the DA Do27 I have it but rarely fly it due to as you say, its rather unusual flight dynamics so if I'm honest I'd like to see both of them, just leaning towards the Tomahawk more as I just like the look of it with that 'T' tail and dirt simple cockpit!

Paul Anderson
June 28th, 2010, 06:34
trauma hawk!

Bjoern
June 28th, 2010, 07:00
Tomahawk here too, we already have the Do27x by Aerosoft!

Not native; doesn't count.

Dornier.

Do it!
Do it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmUZGdi7Ty4
:d

Dain Arns
June 28th, 2010, 07:09
Both.
But I'm leaning a little bit towards the Do-27 side.
I hear backcountry strips calling me.
Really need a native one.

ryanbatc
June 28th, 2010, 08:36
Traumahawk!

huub vink
June 28th, 2010, 08:54
The Dornier is definitely my choice. Tomawhat? isn't that a sort of cruise missile?

Cheers,
huub

ryanbatc
June 28th, 2010, 09:03
So how long would it take to make this thing?

Are we talking 2-3 yrs? Or 8 months?

bstolle
June 28th, 2010, 12:44
2-3 years? No way. As this is my only time consuming hobby I expect to finish any simple (system wise!) GA plane within 2010.

ryanbatc
June 28th, 2010, 13:06
Cool! I wasn't sure how long it actually takes to develop some of these higher quality addons!

Well be it Do27 or Traumahawk I'm sure it will be wonderful!

txnetcop
June 29th, 2010, 02:42
Ya know what I could go either way on this and just love it!!! So since it seems to be pretty much a tie...you can't go wrong with either aircraft! The Tomahawk would prolly be the fastest but of course that depends on the detail. I support whatever you choose!
Ted

Bjoern
June 29th, 2010, 11:04
2-3 years? No way. As this is my only time consuming hobby I expect to finish any simple (system wise!) GA plane within 2010.

Very ambitious!

(One thing I've learned in my still young MSFS developer career: Never work with deadlines, not even imaginative ones! :d )

SADT
June 29th, 2010, 20:02
DO-27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kilo delta
June 17th, 2011, 11:44
What ever happened to this project? Is it still on the cards? No pressure/obligations...I'm just curious. :)

bstolle
June 17th, 2011, 12:04
Nope, sorry. In the meantime I'm focusing exclusively on flight dynamics.
The Milviz T-38 FDs took more than 6 month to complete but it was well worth the effort.
Quite a few planes in the FD pipeline....No Do-27 but and other german single engined plane, the Ju-87 is the next really interesting project.

But I haven't cancelled the 'full' plane development as I would still LOVE to make my own 'complete' planes

Regards

Bernt

Thoe6969
June 17th, 2011, 12:32
Tomahawk for sure.

kilo delta
June 17th, 2011, 12:52
Nope, sorry. In the meantime I'm focusing exclusively on flight dynamics.
The Milviz T-38 FDs took more than 6 month to complete but it was well worth the effort.
Quite a few planes in the FD pipeline....No Do-27 but and other german single engined plane, the Ju-87 is the next really interesting project.

But I haven't cancelled the 'full' plane development as I would still LOVE to make my own 'complete' planes

Regards

Bernt

Thanks for the update,Bernt. I'll look forward to your future projects. :) :wavey: