PDA

View Full Version : Green Beans with a KICK!

OBIO
June 27th, 2010, 22:57
Last night for supper, I fired up the grill and did up some boneless, skinless chicken breasts..drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, and generously sprinkled with black pepper, extra dark chili powder, cheyene pepper and some hickory smoke sea salt (makes everything taste like BACON!!!!). Deb did up the veggies...and boy were they the BOMB! Nothing fancy, just a quick thing she put together out of simple things that we keep stocked in our kitchen. These were the best green beans I have ever eaten in my entire life.

Here's the recipe:

2 average size cans of Green Beans, drained and rinsed

1 10 ounce can diced tomato with chili peppers

Some onion (Deb used a couple pinches of the dried onion flake thingies)

some dried red pepper flakes (how much you put in depends on how hard you want the green beans to kick you in the mouth)

Put it all in a pan together and simmer it for a while. When it is hot and ready to eat, dish it out with a slotted spoon (the tomatoes will release a good bit of juice as they cook).

Deb only added a small pinch of the dried red pepper flakes, but boy oh boy, was my mouth on fire....not at first...it wasn't super hot, but it had that lingering smolder thing going on and the more I ate the more the heat built up. 3 servings was plenty of heat for me...and I like hot spicy foods...or at least I did until I turned 40....now hot and spicy means all night heart burn and some really nasty odors coming from "back there".

OBIO

euroastar350
June 28th, 2010, 00:03
Sounds delicious and is something I would eat as well as I like spicy foods too:ernae: Just had a thought, how about a section with a collection of recipes contributed by members here? I know I have some of you might be lingering for some great Puerto Rican food:wavey:

Roadburner440
June 28th, 2010, 12:51
I tell you what. My favorite dish are those deep fried green beans from TGI Fridays with the wasabi ranch sauce. Stuff is awesome. I may have to try your recipe though. I enjoy loading food down with red pepper flakes. That is a must for me with any type of pasta, or pizza.

cheezyflier
June 28th, 2010, 16:04
.now hot and spicy means all night heart burn and some really nasty odors coming from "back there".

OBIO

heck, i can do that with just a candy bar :icon_lol:

the recipe sounds great though, i cant wait to try it :applause:
i'm a little like roadburner. i put chili powder or cayenne on almost everything these days