OBIO
June 27th, 2010, 15:32
http://purinaanimalallstars.yahoo.com/?v=7652402&l=100000085

OBIO

Lionheart
June 27th, 2010, 17:34
That was really good.

Thanks OBIO.

We had a Shelty and she was amazing. We still miss her. Awesome dogs.

TARPSBird
June 27th, 2010, 20:24
That was a great clip. :d They were both having a ball.

Bjoern
June 28th, 2010, 07:18
Closed the tab after five seconds. Baby...*Shudders*

Toastmaker
June 28th, 2010, 12:53
That little guy was having soo much fun with that Sheltie I'm sure he pee'd his pants. . .

Really funny - Thanks.

:running:

HighGround22
June 28th, 2010, 13:06
That could easily come under the classification of a "Death Test" video: If you're in doubt about somebody's state, prop them up in front of the screen and show that video. If they don't crack a smile . . . they's DAID -- or at the very least, moribund !

Dain Arns
June 28th, 2010, 13:26
Thanks for that. I had to forward that on to a friend. :applause:

Tako_Kichi
June 28th, 2010, 14:05
It made me smile but I was also watching with baited breath just waiting for things to go wrong.

I am very familiar with the behaviour the dog was displaying. It is known amongst dog owners as 'butt tucking' and several breeds are particularly prone to it. Our previous dog (a yellow Lab) and our current dog (an English Springer Spaniel) were/are prone to 'butt tucking' and it can be a very painful experience if you happen to get in the way.

Basically the dog becomes very excited and then takes off in an exaggerated running style which classically shows an arched back and lowered hind end where it looks like the dog is trying to tuck it's butt between it's hind legs while running at full tilt. While in this mode they rarely listen to commands and charge around the house at full speed with a total disregard for anything in their way, be it furniture or human beings. We stop(ped) ours by spraying them in the face with water from a spray bottle as it's the only thing that seems to break the 'cycle' they get into and gets them back under control again. It can be very dangerous for both dogs and humans when they 'butt tuck'.

In the video the dog looked like it was in control enough to stop short of actually knocking the baby over but it wouldn't take much for a dog of that size to bowl that baby over like it was 10 pin!

OBIO
June 28th, 2010, 16:15
Butt Tucking....that I am familiar with. Our female Chihuahua, Hazel, runs in butt tuck fashion. Always has...from the time she was big enough to run...maybe 1.5 pounds. Every one in the family gets a laugh out of watching her run...because she always runs in butt tuck formation. That's the only way she knows how to run. And she is a surprisingly fast runner for a dog with 4 inch legs. She is 8 pounds, pure beefy, stocky muscle. Deep chest, wide shoulders, and short thick legs. Very bulldog/Boxer looking profile from the side...deep chest, small waist. She only looks like a Chihuahua from the neck up.

OBIO

Toastmaker
June 29th, 2010, 05:34
When I was a kid we had a Wired Hair Terrier that would do that when she was young. We called it "having a wild hair up her . . ."

:running:

Snuffy
June 29th, 2010, 06:33
"Butt Tucking" ....

Now there's a term I'm familar with ... I use to do it all the time trying to avoid getting belted by the old man when I did something wrong ...

I also displayed many of the descriptions as stated by Tako ... in an effort to avoid the anticipated actions of my father, I use to run around the house irregardless of the stuff in my way, as well as would not listen to commands ...

:mixedsmi:

(The video on the other hand ... sorry I had to kill it about a minute into it I couldn't handle the screeching (laughter) of the kid.)

Ghostrider
June 29th, 2010, 07:18
Maybe I'm oversimplifying here, but, I thought it was the cutest darn thing I've seen in a long time - kid was having a ball, and the pup was too. Our little Miss Molly has the same 'style' of playing - that's a highly intelligent and sentient creature playing just for the sake of fun. People and dogs are not nearly so different as some people imagine.

OBIO
June 29th, 2010, 07:40
People and dogs are not nearly so different as some people imagine.

I totally agree with that statement. The biggest difference between people and dogs is that dogs are, by their very nature, totally honest. If a dog likes you, it will let you know. If a dog does not like you, it will let you know. If a dog is happy, it will let you know. If a dog is unhappy, it will let you know. No guessing or two-facedness with dogs. They are totally honest at all times.

OBIO

brad kaste
June 29th, 2010, 09:15
I like the part at the very end where the dog gives the little nipper a smooch-kiss. Yes, the dog seemed to be in command in playing just so far.
On the other hand,....my brother's previous dog,....a yellow, male labbie,....was super big into 'butt tucking' in his younger years. He'd go happy berserk-o in the basement for no apparent reason. Then he'd be off for so many minutes flying around in a circle like a P-51 turning a corner on a pylon at Reno. He really cranked it up. Finally,...he'd give ya' a friendly clip or two on the legs to see if he could drop you. Heh-heh. Sometimes he did.