PDA

View Full Version : Biggen Hill yesterday pics

ian elliot
June 27th, 2010, 05:52
Had a great day at Biggen yesterday, fantastic flying and weather.
thought i'd share the pics, ive ste up a Flicker accout so hopefully i can share more in the future, hope this works,
cheers ian
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianelliot/sets/

tpet
June 27th, 2010, 06:00
Looks like a great day indeed. Thank you for sharing.

Jagdflieger
June 27th, 2010, 06:06
Looks like it was a blast Ian. Sad to see that Wessex just rusting into the ground.

Wing_Z
June 27th, 2010, 12:44
Nice album - what's the idea with the Smart cars?

huub vink
June 27th, 2010, 12:53
Great pictures Ian, thanks for sharing!

Huub

ian elliot
June 27th, 2010, 13:59
Nice album - what's the idea with the Smart cars?

To be honest , i dont really know, seems to be something to do with a campain to educated the public about the history and significance of the 70th aniversary of the Battle of Britian, seems to be doing the rounds of airshows this summer, anything that keeps history alive must be a good thing. dont know if you can order a smart car in those colors from a mercades showroom, be cool if you could, ironic that its a German car, guess we in the uk dont make cars anymore ( there's a whole new thread right there :mixedsmi: )

Today 15:06
Jagdflieger

Looks like it was a blast Ian. Sad to see that Wessex just rusting into the ground.
There is hope Jagd, thats a parts doner to keep the other Wessex in my pics in tip-top condition, its sad to see but at least its doing good, the thing about Wessex's is, because thay've only recently been retired, its going to take a while for the CAA to sort the paperwork for civilians to fly ex-military aircraft, thing like this move very slowly. give it a couple of years and hopefully there will be a few Wessex's flying again.
cheers ian

TARPSBird
June 27th, 2010, 20:46
Great pics. I like the Shorts Tucano trainer in the 1940 paint job. :) Thanks for sharing with us.

JorisVandenBerghe
June 28th, 2010, 04:21
Lovely set of pictures. Do you have any pictures of the flying display by any chance ?

Snuffy
June 28th, 2010, 05:34
Thanks for sharing Ian ... Looks like a good time was had.

Panther_99FS
June 28th, 2010, 09:17
Great stuff Ian!

ian elliot
June 28th, 2010, 09:21
Lovely set of pictures. Do you have any pictures of the flying display by any chance ?

Sorry Joris, ive only an Olympus compact digital, i tend to pack the camera away and just enjoy the flying
and take pics of the static's.
cheers ian

bpfowler
June 29th, 2010, 06:17
beautiful day for a show, indeed! great shots, great planes, thanks!