PDA

View Full Version : Wings of Prey, Luftwaffe add-on $25 and $7 (US) until July 4

dswo
June 27th, 2010, 03:28
http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Simulation.

Lots of other games on sale too.

ryanbatc
June 27th, 2010, 13:13
I have the WoP demo it's really nice. But the game is a bit too "arcadish" for me

wiltzei
June 28th, 2010, 02:19
For that price, Iīll probably grab this for random fun.

TrackIR didnīt work in the demo for me. Has anyone else tested TIR w/ this title?

Hector
June 28th, 2010, 03:45
Yes,i had trackir working in the main title.

I found it all a bit too arcadish and havnt bothered with it much since

Hector

dswo
June 28th, 2010, 05:20
1. Yes, TrackIR does work.

2. I'm not trying to push this, just provide information. Yes, it's arcadish compared with IL-2. But the graphics and music are superior.

flaviossa
June 28th, 2010, 07:15
Ahhh.... sometimes is cool to just point and shoot! Not wasting 456 minutes just to turn on the radio stack ... :wiggle:
I have it + trackir = Hours of fun taking down bf109īs....

In my opinion .... go for it!

spotlope
June 28th, 2010, 09:25
I never had any problem getting TIR to work in WOP. My mini-review: amazing graphics, good sounds, typically twitchy & bizarre IL2-style flight dynamics, laughable radio chatter that belies their non-native English-speaking roots. Overall a strange mix of highly immersive and arcadish. Of course I'm a crap shot, so a little arcade-style play was actually sort of satisfying. I played it for a couple of weeks, but haven't launched it again since.

On a side note, is anybody here familiar with "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"? One of the voice actors - the guy who's always yelling "I can't see him!" - sounds exactly like Charlie. Cracked me up every time I heard it.